Saturday, April 16, 2005

Sypnosis

Life is so boring ...

I just feel like writing poetry again ... but i dun see a need to ... its just a feeling that surfaced recently . Since im so filled with boredom , why not put into some thinking space , for some better use ... I cant just keep blogging whenever im bored ... if so , i'll have multiple entries per day ... Think i shall go compose some poetries ... But i cant create another blog now at home ... the condition of my computer would make it simply impossible ...

Im still listening to Micheal Buble ...

Think later i'll go LAN at Raiders ... meanwhile ... let me think of what im gonna do tomorrow . I wanna watch the SYF performances coming next week ... but ... this year it'll be different , entry would only be permitted if u have a ticket . These tickets are given to the various participating schools , the only way i can get one is to ask from ACS ? No way ... not in a million years . Unless ive no choice ... I must find a way ... It makes me think of the previous SYF ... I managed to enter , thanks to LiBaoShun . He brought me in . There was the SARS crisis going on ... LiBaoShun was angry with the lady for stopping him from entering the hall . The reason was simple ... the competition started , the orchestra on stage had already started . But , he insisted ... and forced his way in , scolding the lady " ShenJingBing " It was clear that he was in the wrong ... but ... well ... ive no say to this . Another one was with JiHuiMing . I got stuck in the lift with him in SCH . He wanted to bring me to the 5th level , so we can sneak in from the back , but who knows ... they locked the 5th level . Eventually ... we got stuck for about 15 minutes ... till somebody opened the door . There was a crowd outside the lift ... think it was due to JiHuiMing's shouting and violently pressing the emergency bell ... So awkward ...

LiangWeiChen ... wonder how he is ... poor man . I shall not talk about this here ...

ZhangNianBing , my favourite teacher ... She still owes me my photo with WangFanDi , the Pipa Master . I must find a day to meet up with her ... maybe during the SYF ... I'll see here then ... i think ... most likely ... ZhangNianBing was the judge for the SYF competition , till she gave it up and came out to teach . But i think she is another poor lady who got cheated to ACS . Its not only that its her first school , its the worst . Other than hearing her complain about the boys to me whenever we take the MRT together , it'll be her telling me how much better the other schools she taught are . Attitude wise i mean ... Its true ... Singapore kids really dun know how fortunate they are . Kids in China treats their teachers like gods . Its the respect , the fear . Fear is good , not as in fear that might threatens life , but fear as in respect .

LiuYan ... that is the kinda fear i have for her . Wonder how she is ... She taught me Ruan when i was Sec 1 . Long time ago ... before the trip over to Japan , i learnt the Ruan . One lesson before going , i was playing the Ruan happily in the classroom . Its then that i noticed that there was only one newbie for Pipa . I always thought that Pipa is something like the GaoHu , only those who can manage the ErHu properly would be allowed to play the Pipa . Well , i was curious . It looked great , magnificient and totally godly . I was tired of Ruan ... it was somehow too easy , as i thought ... I played " LongTengHuYue " with the seniors only after a few weeks of learning the Ruan ... It was kinda stupid to think of the past . I remembered telling LiuYan i wanted the LiuQin , because i wasnt sure so i followed whatever Hanson picked . LiuYan looked at me with this weird look ... then she held my hand ... and ... and ... started to dance ! Joking ... she said that my hand is alittle too plum for LiuQin . Back then , i didnt know what LiuQin looked like anyway . Then i knew what she meant , it'll look weird with someone my size playing the poor little LiuQin . So ... she told me to follow her ... she took out this disgusting round instrument ... its called the Ruan . I didnt like it much ... other than playing all the base notes and all the weird thing that i dun really hear much in the music ... i really felt disgusted , i wanted something more challenging ... That day , before the Japan trip , i asked my Pipa senior whether i can learn the Pipa ... he is Jonathan , now he's in Canada . He went to tell LiuYan , at first i was afraid that she might scold me ... something like ... " Ur not very good at Ruan what ! Why play the Pipa ! Why change when u cant play the Ruan properly ! " I was very scared . Then she came to me ... she told me , " U wanna learn Pipa ? Ok , good ! I get u nails ... " I was shocked . I must admit that i fell in love with her , she was so motherly . Her eyes and her voice , somehow reflected how a mother would be like . I took her nails without paying . Jonathan got a Pipa for me ... and taught me G major . After the Japan trip , i didnt get a chance to see her anymore ... ZhangYuMing got fired , so he brought all the teachers with him ... leaving LiangWeiChen behind ... he soon became our conductor . He is the nicest guy ive ever known .

It was untill ... when i joined MOE camp . I met this teacher . I didnt know him ... only remembered seeing him sitting behind playing the Pipa on stage with SCO . He was guest for the concert which Maestro LiuDeHai and LiuShun came to conduct . He was not only shy when LumYanSeng introduced him . He was funny . Very nice and patient with the students , he did not flare and was very very friendly . Everytime theres a rehearsal , this stupid looking Mayflower girl would come by and talk to him ... He was having this recital at July , so we helped to give posters , which he gave to us , to friends and stuff ... We always called him to demo this and that ... i remembered chatting with him in the hall when we were watching the rehearsals of the ensembles ... So funny ... He was ' tortured ' by the girls ... coz he's just too nice . He sat beside me during the concert . I had this solo , i was so nervous ... I was the principal back then . Think nobody noticed , others said that they thought that the soloist was someone slimmer ... Shit u ! Joking ... Anyway , the nice Pipa teacher was none other than Alastair , or YouGuo back then . And ... not forgetting the stupid looking Mayflower girl ... shes none other than XiuHua ...

Memories ... all flushing back in words ... really dunno how am i to type everything thing here ... i think i shall not talk about some other things which i thought of saying ... well ... all this is already summarised .

A synosis u might call it .