Monday, April 09, 2007

The Number 23

My nose have been running about these few days. Its hard for me to chase it back, because im terribly busy with the Genting trip, China trip, Australia trip, buffets, Pipa stuff and mostly, games. Well, im going 3 places during this long break from school. Can u feel how excited i am? I know u cant, because u cant go! Jealous!

Im joking, but seriously... where am i going to find that much money for all the trips? Genting is cheap, so dun bother finding. Australia aint cheap, and mostly, the flexible amount of money that im going to throw away in China is really hard to predict. Well, we've been trying to persuade JiaJin to go Australia too. JiaJin, go!

I had lessons with YanYu, and she told me that i scored very well for my exam. MrYeo congratulated her during the SYF at SCH. I was surprised, and MrYeo asked me about my results too during CSCO. I wasnt quite optimistic with my results, but well... after being quite certain that i scored well, i pretended to not know my results and told MrYeo that i might have scored badly. He didnt sound surprised, and he kept laughing, so actually its kinda a hint for me already. Well, CSCO practice was fine. Wait, did i blog about this already?

No, i havent. Well, the competition's dateline is over, sadly. I called and checked, its impossible to extend the dateline, its strictly by the books. Sorry to YanJun, for that it took me so long to find the form, and sadly, its over... missed a chance for any of us to participate. Anyway, i was disturbing JingTing during practice, and i kept gaving her wrong cues to enter. She got tricked and she started blushing and tearing. LaiWeng then said that im evil, because i kept tricking her. I was bored!

Had lunch with MiYan, YiLeng and JiaJin. We were persuading JiaJin to go Australia... Well, after talking so much about koalas and kangeroos, he is only 10% positive about going. I gave up!

Today, i woke up early. ChaiXia didnt give me a morning call! Jasmine, ChaiXia and i were talking on the phone late last night, discussing about the Australia trip, and also deciding over where to go and what to eat today. Well, i took a cab down to Suntec, because it was raining heavily, and i had to bring my Pipa out for the rehearsal in the evening.

Got there, and they were already waiting. What can i say? Im always so early! And well, they'll be there to await for my arrival. And yes, where was my red carpet? Or whateva u call that.

We walked around and towards Kuishinbo. The food was not as impressive as before. I recalled that last time i used to love Kuishinbo, because of the wide variety of food. Well, today it seemed to me like just any ordinary buffet, and moreover... the food aint that tasty anymore. I know, my tastebuds are either evolving or that they are growing fussy. I dunno why, but it seems to me that i was playing with food more than consuming them. I took this horrible soup, which tasted like KFC's mashed potato. I hate KFC's mash potato, and ive already started to hate the coleslaw too. Theres nothing nice in KFC anymore! Im getting back on MOSBurger more than ever! Die, KFC.

ChaiXia started taking pictures, and its so glamerous. If u wanna be inspired, go check it out in Jasmine's blog, or ChaiXia's. If u cant find the links, dun be stupid, go find.

Well, ate little though i paid alot. After that, i started singing GnarlesBarkley's song. I sounded so good right? I stood outside this shop, and started staring at their toys. Not exactly toys, its figurines of characters from LOTR. Im a LOTR fan, a huge fan, because ive never considered myself a fan to anybody, not even CelineDion. Im obsessed with LOTR, and especially Saruman. I dunno why! I love the character, he is evil, powerful, strong, influential and intelligent. I think im Saruman in my previous life. How nice.

I know, its quite a chunk of crap in my blog tonight. I dunno why.

We watched a movie, 'Number 23'. I give it 2 thumbs up. I think its thrilling and mind twisting, though not as impressive as any of the other similar genres, i think its worth watching, because we seldom see JimCarrey doing something out of his comedical zone. There were many scenes cut from the movie in the cinema, i could tell because of the wierd jumps from scenes and moreover, the sudden cut from the music. Its to obviate some violent scenes or maybe sexual scenes. I dunno, but well JimCarrey did a great job! Its amazing how the numbers can appear so many times in so many different ocassions. It started me counting really hard. During the scenes, any number that appears in the background and related to the number, 23. Its so amazing! Well, of course its planned for the sake of the filming, but its just... startling.

After the show, i got into the paranoid mood, i started counting everything, summing them into 23 somehow. They found the show stupid, and not that great. On the other hand, i found it great! Hower, not my usual cup of tea. Well, i had no choice... they wanted to watch 'Meet the Robinson', which looked terribly stupid in the cinematic trailer.

I hopped onto a cab and headed to Alpha Building. When i was inside, i counted everything and started wondering about the stupid number. Its irritating! I couldnt stop it, it was haunting me non-stop. I counted the fare, the car plates and even the stupid phone numbers. I was bored.

Got there, and NgohKhengSeng was late. MrNgoh is playing the Percussion in SCO. Well, we had our rehearsal in his studio, and he was late. The keyboardist, Vocalist, YanChong and i were all waiting outside. Well, they are so professional, i felt frightened, but well... im glad that i made it through. Improvising their music wasnt that hard, its the problem with them improvising on Chinese music. The Columbian lady sang so well. She is coffee coloured and she is kinda tall. U know, like an African lady. Well, our performance would be held at ChinaOne, a pub at ClarkeQuay. MiYan said that she might drop by... Its my first performance with such music, and im kinda excited. I sightread the score, in Western notation, and it was filled with so many chords! They were all jazz chords which hit me really hard in the head. I was going crazy... The Trumpet player played the solo through the chords, while the keyboardist improvised on the accompaniment, while the Conga player improvised on the rhythm. YanChong and i elaborated on the music. It was fun.

After rehearsing, i headed back to NAFA to practice. YanChong gave me a ride there. I played the concerto piece and felt kinda stressed. Im thinking, what if i play badly for my recital, though im sure i will. Well, lets not leave any room for more woes.

My birthday is on the 30th of November, which is 11 and 30. 1 plus 1, makes 2, while 3 plus 0 makes 3. It makes up 2 numbers, 2 and 3, hence... 23.