Monday, April 16, 2007

Palantir

Well, since im here, must well just blog. I know, its been a long time, yes and ever will it be. Its the holidays! What can i do? Theres nothing to talk about! Why? Because there is nobody there to irritate me to bitch about, nobody there to trouble me to worry about and nobody there to play with me to share about. So, here it is... the sad holiday life of a hobbit.

I must admit, im kinda addicted to the wonders of Tolkien's stories. Its just far more fantastic than anything ive ever read, if ive read anything. So, ive read up on the children of Hurin, the hobbits and the somewhat full story of the quest for MountDoom, which is the LOTR. Anyway, there are many things that fascinates me. One of which would clearly be the language that he invented. The problems with languages are the fact that they have their own systems that might break down in the end, due to the overlooked errors in how things work. But well, the languages were almost perfect, and with no obvious lifting from other languages such as English. I love it, nice!

From the day i watched the movie on the numbers, till now, ive added 2 more into my collection. So, i watched 'The Reaping' and 'Turistas'. Both arent my type of show, as u might know, especially the latter. 'The Reaping' was fine, somehow more 'logically' my type of show, because it has unrealistic stuff, such as Satan and the prophecies. 'Turistas' was absolutely gross. I found it kinda tiring to sit there and watch the whole movie. I was struggling with the scenes and making noises, i felt pain. Bad movie! I hate this type of movie, but after surviving through its reign for 2 hours, im fine. Being fine, i felt good.

During this period, ive been reading things from the internet. Reading many nice things on the internet. WeiKang love nice things. Nice things cute and silly. Silly, silly, silly. Nice things said interesting things. WeiKang love interesting things. What did interesting thing say?

Stop the Elmo talking.

Anyway, i was reading about interesting things such as prophecies from the vast cultures and their beliefs. One of which would the sighting of UFO and unidentified objects. This dates back all the way to the era of Jesus and Mary. Well, in their paintings, theres a small unidentified looking saucer which appears behind them almost all the time. There are artifacts excavated from Iraq, which looks like Reptilians. The Lolladoff plate, discovered in Nepal, appears to show a hovering disk-shaped object in the center and a small being, resembling an alien. The circular pattern is reminescent of the spiraling movement of consiousness, which is the sacred geometry of creation, the GoldenRatio. In Italy, there are cave paintings that might date back into 10000BC, and its from ValCamonica, depicting 2 beings in protective suits holding strange implements. Honestly, i think the dates are kinda questionable, but sometimes things are just so unpredictable. Theres this 7000 years old petroglyph discovered in the province of Querato, Mexico in 1966. There are 4 figures with outstretched arms below a large oval object radiating what appears to be beam of lights. Are they praying? I dunno... Frescos throughout Europe which reveal the appearance of space ships in the skies including a painting of 'The Crucifixion', painted in 1350. It seems to depict a small human looking man looking over his shoulder at another UFO as if in pursuit, as he flies across the sky in what is clearly a space ship. THe leading craft is decorated with 2 twinkling stars, one reminiscent of national insignia on modern aircraft. This painting hangs above the altar at the VisokiDecani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia. I think Europe is just so full of uncertainty.

Nevermind the prophecies. Yesterday, i just went shopping with YongRui and Christoven. I bought a new wallet! It cost me $86. Its really a nuclear bomb in the heart. I think i should have bought myself some new jackets or clothings. No, i think i should get new pants. I have no bottoms to fit all my tops. Thats bad, right? I went shopping with QingLun at Vivocity yesterday, before the performance at PageOne. Well, same as Dedric, he cant do shopping. First, i look at clothings, then they just stand beside me. Im like... help!

The performance was great. Sadly, i wasnt allowed to wear a mask during the performance to fan off the embarrassment. Thanks to QingLun for carrying my Pipa, i was having bad aches on my left foot. After which, he headed for his performance with SCO, featuring PhoonYewTian's new work. Not sure how its like, but i dun wish to know either. I went shopping with Christove and YongRui then at Orchard. I bought my wallet at Isetan.

Earlier on, last week, i went to GoldenMile to get the Genting thing settled. Ive been saying that i'll do it, but i couldnt find the time at all. So, Christoven and i headed down there to make the payment. I paid first, and its only $82 for each, with accomodation and coach rides, and yes breakfast too. Well, that is the same day of the performance. Remember me telling u guys about the performance at the pub, ChinaOne? Well, its on the following day of the rehearsal.

I got there, and made my way into the pub, without anybody stopping me or asking whether im there to drink or what. Well, its kinda crowded, so i assume that the party aint on yet. YanChong came and we settled down and got ourselves tuned. The other musicians came, and we rehearsed through the pieces. I think the Keyboardist was kinda lost with the chords of our pieces, but as for Percussion, they were great! The Conga was fantastic. I love Latin music. Nice, nice Latin music.

LianWei is irritating me now. He bought the original Warcraft CD, good for him. He is asking me to blog about him, so here... thats it. Come on, u didnt pay, so dun expect much.

Back into the music. At the pub, when we're starting, there were many people looking and listening. Its interesting because its featuring 2 Chinese instruments with Latin music. I loved the playing, because i can get to improvise all i want, without fear. In the pop scene, its like that! NgohKhengSeng told me so, and well... thats a relief for me. MrNgoh said that in the pop scene, its alright to make mistakes, because its common, unlike the classical scene, which is very strict.

Well, after the performance, got to know some happy people there. They are working adults mostly, and theres this guy, called... i cant remember! Well, they were asking whether im from China. Im not, im local, i told them. They were surprised and started asking about my instrument and how did i learn it and stuff. I took a seat with the musicians, while YanChong headed off first because he has to rush for dinner with his parents. I headed for the buffet, well... my night is still young and moreover, ive no other plans, so no harm staying right? Well, for being a musician there, u attract many attention whereava u go, and lovely comments and questions from the curious public. I drank orange juice. Like what the hell right? Free drinks for me and yet i only drank orange juice? Well, come on, im nice boy. The guys there were telling me to drink something else, and asked MrNgoh whether im his brother and he said yes. All kinda jokes. U know? The policy is that all under 21 arent allowed to enter the pub. Im like merely 18! So, ive to pretend with my looks, moreover i have this mature look. Mature but not yet matured. Matured examples would be like ChaiXia. I ate, drank and chatted with the guys there. Enjoyed my time there, and stayed till the lucky draw. I got to recieve a few more namecards too. I think i should get my own namecard too! Mom just told me to do it in Malaysia, its way cheaper. True, but how am i going to get the designs? Ive this feeling that everything in Malaysia is kinda uncertain and probably lower in quality. But well, i know its a wrong concept. But well... havent been proven wrong yet.

Headed home after getting my fill of orange juice. Shook hands with the guys and left for bus 851 outside NAC. I love such ocassions. I think such events are worth going for. Moreover, the pay is alright too.

Ive another performance coming soon, on the 21st, with YiLeng, FuKang and WeiMing. MikeChiang told me that ive to arrange accompaniment for this song that they request. Its big money that we're talking about. Arranging 8 bars of melody shouldnt be a problem. Anyway, i think im going to plan first before heading to Genting this coming Wednesday morning. I'll be back on Friday night, its a 3 days 2 nights trip. I think it'll be exciting and filled with so much worries for Mom. I'll get the details of the gig tonight from MrChiang.

I asked Mom about my bloodgroup, because NYP needs to know so that they can arrange for my trip to Australia. Australia! Im going to check on GoogleEarth on whats fun nearby the OperaHouse. Im so excited and elated to learn about this trip.

YongRui asked whether i wanna go out, but sorry... i cant! Last night, we settled at BordersBistro, and chatted about many things. I got to arrange my new wallet, and transfer the things inside my old and torn wallet into the new one. Threw away many useless junk too. YongRui then mentioned about gossips. Well, gossips... they'll just never cease. People cant desist on gossiping and spreading unheard rumours or even... enlarging the holes in some existing ones.

Headed home on bus 162, and wished Tommy luck for his upcoming performance of the YellowRiver Concerto for Piano with SYO. He'll be playing the third movement, which is my favourite. We've been talking about it a long time ago, and i remembered asking him to play the third movement. He said that he requested to play it because he was given the first movement instead actually. Well, i'll be there to watch, play well!

Theres nothing more to blog, other than this new song that im in love with. I'll blog again with more interesting things that have not been forseen by the Palantir of Orthanc. Im the Saruman, the wise white wizard! I wanna be Saruman, please! Please!