Monday, April 02, 2007

Presentiment Of An Excursus

My computer just recovered from a serious error. I thought it was fatal... and i almost wanted to cry. I hate it when my computer crashes. But, i didnt think that it'll crash after getting a new computer. Well, its an old one, but considered new to the previous one which required monthly maintenance. I was playing my game halfway, suddenly, the characters were all stuck and immobilised. I was shocked, i didnt know there was such a skill, then... i noticed the music got stuck too, its repeating half a line of a similar melody. I was like... shit, i knew it then, my computer hung. Then it popped back into the desktop, with some fatal window warning me that my computer's dunno whateva drive has crashed and will not function properly. I was like... i didnt know what to do. I picked up the phone, pressed 999, but then i hung up... because im sure they wouldnt help. I took a pail of water and wanted to splash it over my computer... then i remembered that water shouldnt come into contact with electricity appliances, or the other way round. I was lost!

I shut it off, then i restarted. Now its fine.

Well, this little incident dug up some ideas to start off this entry. I was kinda lazy these few days. Many things happened after the exams. I know, Fairul's blog told u guys to come over here to check out on what happened. Here is the account...

That day, i met Fairul in school and i forced him to watch 'Turandot', which is an amazing opera! LianWei was watching from behind, and we didnt know until i turn my head around. The shocking thing was that we were all wearing green. So, after watching, and Christoven calling over and over again, we left school for FunanMall, where we met Christoven. We were guessing... if Christoven wears green, thats it.

We dropped our jaws. He wore green too. Its the green gang! We started calling ourselves the green gang, and it was so lame, like some children gang. After that, we tried coming up with many stupid names. I even called Fairul my elder brother in public. Imagine, a Malay being my brother? Then i kept saying that i dunno why ive a Malay brother... Out of the 4 brothers, only he's Malay. We care for him for that he is special. Indeed...

Well, thats it, im lazy. We ate at McDonalds and thats all. The end.

Yes! One more thing, while eating, we talked about teaching and stuff. Fairul is kinda in need for cash, and we encouraged him to take on teaching, but he doesnt want to. In fact, he claimed that he doesnt know how to teach students how to buzz. Its like a vocal teacher who cant teach students how to sing. Thats horrible right? How can that be? Its ridiculous. Havent been a jocular person, Christoven, started to scold him. We sat there and watched... Thats not the main point. The gist of the whole conversation ended off with a decision to go Genting! Christoven and i were so excited. Fairul said that he has a bad feeling that it'll not work out. Actually, honestly speaking, i thought so too. It'll never work with NAFA people. But Christoven and i had worked mircales! We even went cycling at PulauUbin. Its always others, but im not blaming anybody, just that things dun work out that well often, even shopping trips, or lunch... dun even need to drag Genting into the picture.

The next day, LianWei told me that he cant go, because he has to teach. So, we were all desperately seeking for others to go Genting with us. Fairul wont be able to make it, because he doesnt even have the cash to take the coach there. YongRui said that he might be able to go, and we thought of waiting for SiHan too. He has 2 concerts, and after that, he'll be free. But who knows? YongRui cannot make it, because his mother doesnt allow him to. As for SiHan, same case... his father thinks that its not safe there, because people gamble and there'll be accidents there and stuff. We opened the invitation to others, and only WeiXiang seemed quite positive on going. Audrey's parents doesnt allow her to go... So sad. Well, then who else? Actually, it can work out if i'll go with Christoven only. But then, its kinda limited to only both of us. But sometimes i think its better, because we click well. Dinner, beds, rides and money issues would be so much easier to settle. Isnt it? Its always easy to do things with him, because we're both kinda free and easy with each other. U know, some people would wanna settle the money fair and square and some might be horribly stingy with food. I dunno, u name it, i can name u who. But, dun worry, its not u.

Now, we're still deciding on who to go Genting with. Christoven will be going Johor tomorrow with WeiXiang. I hope they come back in one piece. Actually, 2 pieces, one Christoven and one WeiXiang. Becareful, because i still wanna go Genting. Joking...

Had lunch with MikeChiang on Sunday. MrChiang was telling me about the Australia trip. I cant wait! Im going to perform in SydneyOperaHouse! Its like so grand can? Usually people are invited only to perform there, and im going to have the chance to! Im so excited. But well, its a competition, so... its time for me to chill out and enjoy my first trip to Australia. Ive been to many countries, but never in my life in Australia, Europe or SouthAmerica. Of course, Antartica too. Ive been to Hawaii though... Damn it! I cant remember a single thing except for saying 'Aloha' everyday in the coach, and doing that stupid hand sign. Damn it! Why! Why! Why? Well, i was merely 2 or 3 years old then... thats why.

Anyway, we were talking about many things. JiaJin and YiLeng was there too, and we were all talking about the upcoming SYF competition. And one more thing, thanks to MiYan for passing me my trophy from the NAC competition last year. I didnt have time to go get it, and since MiYan is working there, i asked her to bring it back for me yesterday.

Today is Monday, and its the opening of the SYF central judging for the CO. Its held at SCH like always, and i was late! I didnt watch the first 2 schools. MrChiang gave me his pass. Thanks! With it, i entered the hall and sat at the instructor's row, and its usually less crowded. Louis was there too, then WeiLiang and XuYang started waving from above. I didnt wanna go up because i dun wanna climb the stairs u see. After that, i sat with Michelle, MinHui and PeiQian. Had lunch with them and YuHeng too. There was nothing for me to do, and there wasnt anybody familiar around, so i just took the liberty of their company and followed them.

Well, its always an ocassion at SCH. Many familiar faces, and rotten banana faces too. ACS didnt do very well this year, i didnt think that they deserved their title for gold, honestly. But well, goodjob still and congratulations to ACS for getting a gold this year. Of course im happy, but of course ive to be fair with my judgement. The judging is lenient, because many schools got bronze when some obviously deserved just a certificate. I know, its sensitive stuff, but well... im not vilifying anybody or anything, just stating some facts.

Got to meet MrHoo again, the MOE in charge of the event. I dun really know how to spell his name, sorry. And LumYanSeng! MrLum gave me a morning call this morning actually! I must thank him really. My alarm didnt wake me up. He called me and asked if im in school, and after meeting with him at SCH, he passed me my $520 privately at the cafe. Thanks! I was kinda pissed during the second half, when i have to wait outside for QingLun to get his ticket. I told him to get it himself, but he insisted on me passing him one. Its the same! Well, i almost missed out on NgeeAnn's performance. So bad right? He sat with Louis and i, and we started judging the schools ourselves. Sadly, our judgements were all kinda too outdated. The new judging criteria must be kinda low, because its beyong our expectations. Schools like Greendale got bronze instead of just paper. We were kinda shocked honestly. But good for everyone, though its kinda unfair for others like AhmadIbrahim. They were good, and if ACS deserves a gold, they should too.

I always sit in the hall, waiting for Dunman and hoping that they'll leave some mistakes around to spot. However, they never fail to impress me the most with their usual stunts and amazing choreography of their choice piece. This year, CatholicHigh really got way above Dunman with WeiYanMing's intelligent move to hit on abstract orchestral pieces. Their performance was excellent! I never got to experience such standard performances from secondary schools. In fact, i think they did very well in not just technical or musical areas. Performance wise was really good, their last note proved it all. Well done to the boys from CatholicHigh! After watching WeiYangMing's conducting for the JC 2 years ago, he chose a modern piece too, and i kinda expected something similar this year... but i didnt know that its so abstract! Many of us were ignorant the piece, and i cant even remember the title! Im speechless, hopefully LaiWeng's school will do well tomorrow. I just gave her and YiLeng some advice on the set piece...

There were many different renditions, though none are failures, but there were few which stood out most. I particularly loved Dunman's rendition, because its moving and slightly more lyrical in some sections. As for CatholicHigh, i think their choice piece covered up most of their errors from the set piece. It was too blinding for many. I loved it!

I went to help Mayflower to tune their Pipas. And well, they got gold this year. Im sure many are proud for them. MrChiang must be really content with the results. He remained his cool and accepted the many congratulating handshakes. Well, i think they deserved it. Good effort!

I got to know WeiLiang's girlfriend today. She asked about NAFA and MaSai. Its kinda sudden, and i think she's kinda cold. But... nice.

Im cleaning my computer now, thus i better quickly post before it closes my window for spyware removal.

And yes, ive to put this next paragraph because im told to. Warning to all, for that the words used in the next paragraph are strongly disturbing to the mental health of anyone of us. Its to be known that any damage caused will be for urself to blame, not me. Not for the weak minded or faint hearted, i encourage for all to prepare a bucket.


ChaiXia is cute and pretty.