Saturday, March 08, 2008

Bon Voyage

What will come to be in a few hour's time is what i am looking forward to these few days. It has been a tough one, i thought. However, it seems anything but. Day and night went forth like an endless chase, from liquid golden to silver threads of moonlight. I sat by my window, looking out into the starry sky, wondering how different it'll look from somewhere else other than my own home. Then i wondered, how different will it be over there. Not difficult, though the answers never came, and i never expect myself to find one from my mind.

My mind is a stormy sea. To play safe, i would rather not risk waking up late, therefore i skipped my beauty sleep. It brings about memories of my first year in NAFA, when i was still under the torments of portfolios and seemingly endless piles of papers. Why now, everything aint that bad after all, isnt it? My final year in NAFA, believe it or not. As i wipe the disbelief from my eyes, i find nothing but tears. We have gone through much, and too much for some who could not take the stress. As for me, time has been pulling everything along with it in such velocity that my eyes could not catch a glimpse of any memory. Everything is so vague, including the future. Now, as i type with sleepiness clutching on my shoulders, i can only say that this is nothing compared to what once was.

I'll be heading to the airport earlier than anybody else. Christoven and ChaiXia would be seeing me off, and they do not know how grateful i am to have somebody accompany me for breakfast. I cannot ask more, for that i do not require for myself to plea. They go on their own accord, without a need for second hearing. Dedric might be meeting me, but with my knowledge of him, i doubt he will reach in time for breakfast. Whateva it is, ive a feeling that i'll be flying quite often next time. And whateva it is, whereva the source of such intuition, i'll have friends to see me off into my travels. Im thankful.

Before my Mom drove off to Malaysia, she helped me with the packing of my luggage. Without her, i would be pulled into several parts by two directions. One of my senses tells me to bring everything, while the other tells me otherwise. Being poisded in between, only my Mom makes the final judgement on what i bring. Thus, with her help, everything went smoothly and quickly. Though, i never admit to her how much help she was, instead at times i will give her an agitated look. Irritated as usual by my short temper, i will often make harsh decisions for the sake of killing time. Despite my temper, my Mom has been well equiped to withstand the pressure of my foul weathering. Again, im thankful.

Like my previous trip to Australia, i brought quite a huge sum of money. Im shocked to see so much cash. Ironic that a spendthrift would be surprised to hold such an amount in his wallet. Well, i think i wont have the time and means to get it spent.

My luggage now lies in the living room, blended into the shadows like any other objects. With a lamp on, my book lies beneath it against my soft toy. Im thought of bringing a lamp over, just in case there are not enough lights. Then again, there is the problem of space. The book however must be brought over, just like the soft toy. The soft toy, furred with lifelessness, bears an unmeasurable value. It has been entitled the position of my reading companion in bed. Not featureless, despite its permenant expression. However, sometimes i feel that it empathises. Somehow, it shares some sense of emotion through my touch. Sometimes i would bring myself to believe that it is a magical creature, wreathed in fur.

It fell not from the heavens, but an earthly gift by a mortal angel. My skin flushes at the thought of its owner, the bearer of my torch. The best friend of my soul.


In a few hours time, i'll be off to bath and to don whateva i have prepared. I'll be off in a flight towards disappointment, which i was told. I hope to waste the time with most of what i can, to spend every wasted minute with consideration for everybody. Bless me a swift journey, and a happy home coming!