Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Deception

Thanks Joanna for the initiative, but i guess i was misleading. My purpose aint to collect debts, but just to highlight the fact that im always a free ATM for others. Anyway, i'll like to thank u for considering to take action. I had already informed David to kindly remind Koen about it, and i passed him my account number. I think he'll transfer the loan as soon as possible.

Another money issue would be the pay. If u dun get it, go back and try to accent on different words. Its a play with the emphasis of words. Back to the topic, recently i played for a gig at JubileeHall. Well, it was fun. But, collecting the pay wasnt. Lets look into it.

U see, Rit, SiHan and i clinched the deal somehow without knowing that we're all going to be performing together. Or to be technically correct, suffer would be more precise. We were not informed that we'll be underpaid. Usually, a gig that pays $100 for a performance would sound good. From now on, i believe that theres always a cache. For me, i had played for so many gigs and performances, paying on time was their virtue which encouraged me to play on. This organiser, MrQiu, also the arranger and performer for the gig arranged 2 rehearsals. On top of that, we spent more than 8 hours for the punie $100. What a waste of time! I would rather pay him to get us off the hook. Well, it was XianYang who approached me. He is a fine man, so i promised to play for the gig. Its not him to blame, but myself for not asking for specific details such as rehearsals and what type of gig. It shocked me that im playing for another of those accompaniment gig, which would usually leave behind an ordeal so huge that i'll vomit wheneva i hear oldies.

According to XianYang, MrQiu complained that we played badly for his gig. According to me, i think we played bloody good, except for SiHan of course. Im joking. SiHan tried his best to read the scores already, though he couldnt figure out numerical notation and has no ability to improvise to ear. On the final rehearsal, he did his best to follow the superstar singers and also to improvise at parts. I think it was great for our maiden, because he dun usually play for such gigs. As for me, im used to it, and i detest it. Its good news to hear that XianYang has recieved the cheque from MrQiu. Good lord!

If u were in my shoes, what would u do if somebody refuses to pay up after the performance? U have to expect the unexpected. At times, when people get nasty, u have to be nastier. I really do hope that it will never happen to me.

Wanna know something funny? When i opened the programme booklet for the gig, i noticed that the gig stretches for 4 days. Im thrilled that we're only playing for one! But u know what caught my eye? YanYu played for one of the days! I laughed...

During our lesson, she asked me if i played for the gig... and we both laughed. Its kinda awkward and embarrassing, but im glad that we dun have that barrier between us to feel ashamed of. Its funny! I love her! Anyway, i need to get her a gift for Teacher'sDay. In fact, im already late! What a goof right? So, being a full time mother now, what do u suppose i get for her?

Guess what? I finished reading my book! Im heading on the new books i bought at Kinokuniya. Im not sure about the usual prices of books. For CDs, they should cost around $14 to $16 for originals. As for my usual CD hunting, i'll be able to get CDs from $6 to $12. Originals, and not those China imports! Where? I told u guys before, but if u wanna know, its at ShawTower. However, when it comes to books, im still kinda fresh. I spent around $100 plus on my books already. The 2 i bought from Kinokuniya were cheaper, they cost about $40 in total. I dun like second hand books, they're different from CDs. And moreover, as i mentioned before, i prefer to collect them and own them. It makes the reading different too. U'll know when u start reading.

I cant wait to start reading my new book.

Today, i was in a rush. I had to print and hand in my arrangement of a folk song. I think im going to fail, because it is too complicated. Theres nothing i can do about it, and nothing i wanna do about it. Why? Because im tired. Moreover, i have other things to be busy with. I cooked up a few thousand words for my critical reflection, which is due tomorrow for submission. Anybody would be so kind to help me print my assignment? I dare not ask to trouble... because they might be unwilling but yet uncomfortable to reject, because they'll need to create a lie or an excuse. Why? Just tell it in the face, honesty is the best policy isnt it?

No. Being too honest at times will bring to us a whole lot of trouble. U wouldnt want to go around criticising everybody would u? In ur mind, ur constantly judging people, things and words. Therefore, lying at times create a comfort zone between u and ur friends. What kinda lies? There is the white lie, beneficial lie, malicious lie and the deceptive lie.

Imagine going around saying things like...

Hello Maria! U look awful! Why dun u wear a bra to support those saggy breasts? Hello Adam! Why dun u see a dermatologist about all those ugly pimples on ur face? Ur a lousy dresser, and why dun u trim ur nose hair?

U'll be dead. Well, some of u might be laughing now. But, we do lie at times to either gain from it, or to prevent a loss. Im not going to lecture u guys about the lies, though i think some might be very interested about it. Well, if u are, u can approach me personally to talk about it. But what im driving at today is about the deceptive lie.

In fact, within this genre of lying, it has a few categories. Herein the deceptive lie, lies 2 more columns. One is which falsifies and the other, conceal. In other words, falsification and concealment. In falsification, one twists and turns facts for a purpose. They may not want to lose something, so they falsify and lie. Or, they may want to gain something, so they create a story full of deceit. However, some are white lies which are a form of social fabric. Whereas one lies for an advantage of themselves, on top of that, it is deceitful or harmful, it would be considered a deceptive lie. In concealment, one hides the truth. By hiding and not being honest enough to reveal the truth, its a concealment, thus a form of a deceptive lie.

There are people who are out there, who are so trained to lie blatantly. Ive heard enough of their excuses or their original stories. All i wanna say is, relax. Just tell it to my face, i can handle it if ur dun feel in any way, guilty.

For everyone out there, if u feel that the whole world is lying to u, u need to examine ur own behaviour and attitude first. The other person is only half of the equation. Why do they lie to u? Its probably that ur a habitual liar, thats why u might think that everybody is like that. Secondly, its probably that they are compelled to lie because they can see how emotionally or aggressive u react to the truth. If ur easily offended, its wise for u to be reflective and calm. Imagine this, if u demand the children to tell u the truth then u punish them, u teach them to lie to u for their own protection. I believe we've all gone through this stage before. In fact, its the parents that taught their child how to lie, by first lying. Therefore, if u want to hear the truth, u must learn to accept it calmly. Be reflective, but not emotionally aggressive about it. And remember, dun affect others with ur emotional downpours, because this will force them to distort the truth to pander to ur negative reaction.

I hope ive answered some of ur questions deep inside. Before u sleep tonight, reflect about it. Have u felt hurt from things people say? Its probably they're speaking the truth. To be honest, sometimes the truth cuts deep. However, if ur always hearing sweet and honey, its time to consider what ive said earlier.

Rest well and continue to enjoy good things.