Thursday, July 06, 2006

Forgive Then , Forget

Just came home from a bus ride . I just removed my belt . Im now sweating like a pig , literally , in an air-con room . I hate to sweat , because it'll get me irritated ... then , i'll be in a nasty mood . Anyway , i was removing my belt , and it took me almost forever to remove it . I was jumping up and down , then ... pulling it , then dunno whateva ... then , after hurting my fingers , it came out . Fuck the stupid belt ! This is the first time im wearing a belt since a long long time ago in a kingdom far far away .

Lets get this over with so i can go bath .

Today , im going to talk about DrKan's tutorial . We learned that , every paragraph has only one topic sentence . Only one . So , i should start blogging in this manner , so as to improve me writing . So , i'll have one sentence , then i'll explain and elaborate on it , include evidence then prove them and lastly , to link the ideas up , so as for readers to understand things and find my blog easy to digest . So , lets begin ...

Mom fetched me to school . She was taking her own sweet time again , thus i was almost late . Lucky for me , i wasnt . Nobody was in the theatre , so ... i went to bring down the instruments .

Forget about the DrKan's method ! I cannot do it !

I thought i would be able to use YouGuo's Pipa for my solo performance , so ... Dedric and i went up to the store . The Pipa wasnt there ! What an awful surprise ! I was shocked and very very worried . So , i dun have a Pipa to play for my solo . But before i can do anything , ive to go get the Ruan first . Its such an awful heavy instrument . Revolting . Dedric and i carried it like a coffin . So , we brought the heavy casket down .

QingLun was playing his Dizi , and he asked if i wanna try the stage . Well , im afraid that i might be too soft . It fits my piece well , but still ... too soft , im afraid . So , i borrowed the Pipa from Anthea , who was quite reluctant , but thanks to her , she did lend it to me . Her Pipa is soft and it doesnt resonate much .

I know its kinda hard to lend somebody ur instrument . People always say that an instrument is personal and it should be used by others . True , indeed . But to what extent ? Thats the difference . Lending somebody an instrument for a long term or long period will result in a change of the quality of the sound of the instrument , according to the player . So , for my case , its different . Im only using it for one performance , i dun practice with it . And anyway , if i practice with it , im sure i can help to open the sound more . Ur instrument will sound depending on how u tame it . So , im just helping , not destroying .

Jasmine just sent me this scary clip . It sent a chill down my spine . Fullstop .

HaoSong's piece was before my solo , so i didnt play for him . The first piece started off well ... and then , the second was QingLun's solo . Good job ! Then mine ... Bad job ! My solo was horrible , mainly because of my clothing . Why ? The sleeves were too long and i didnt expect that to disturb my playing . My fingers got stuck under it and i couldnt play at times . It was kinda disappointing ... But amazingly , with all those support and clapping , i was quite calm . I played with my eyes closed , at times , and i thought about certain notes .

I started out with the sound of silence , not moving for quite a while . They thought that it might be another JohnCage piece , well ... its not . I struck my first note , and then my second , then third . It all sounded good ... and maybe it might be a good performance . Then next comes my tremelo . And , that ended my happy thoughts . The end .

The sliding parts were all quite well done , except for one . Some notes were wrong , and mostly were too soft . But well , its somehow like that . I dunno if anyone really understood the piece . QingLun said nobody will , and i think he was right .

When i went backstage , ShuMin was crying . I was shocked , i thought maybe my playing has brought her to tears ! Not . She was sad about something , and i thought it was me ... so , i didnt know what to do . I was the first to notice , then ZiNan came forward and tried to make her laugh . U know , its kinda sporting when a group of friend tries to make a sad friend smile . Its really nice and warm . So , ShuMin was then happy again . But before she went on stage , she broke down again ... so , she insisted that she stays backstage . And i left her there then .

KaiXiang was wearing this ... interesting Malay vest . Anyway , some people told me that i played the Ruan in a funny way . True , im quite relaxed with it in my arms , because its quite easy . The performance was fine today , except for HaoSong's piece . Why ? Some people told me that it was unbearable ... because of the pitching and some very messy parts . But well , he wrote the score himself , for the accompaniment , and then we only rehearsed it twice . If MrYeo finds out , he's dead .

Well , after that , i went to eat with KaiXiang , QingLun , Jason and HaoSong . Was Jason there ? I cannot remember . Anyway , i found Dedric eating alone , so ... we went to join him . YeoYee and ShuMin came later . Well , my food was burning like the sun . They finished eating , leaving me eating there alone . Then , QingLun stayed behind to wait for me , and i insisted that he should leave or else he'll be marked late . After a convincing persuasion , he left . Dedric was so evil ! He told me that if i beg him , he'll stay . So , i did , then he said ... no . Evil !

Went back to school alone , then went to drink soya with Christoven . We were talking about the performances and some other things . Then Evan joined us later . The sun was burning like the sun , its scorching and its tearing us apart ... like tearing apart . I mean , melting ... like melting people under the sun , u know ? Anyway , we went to the ColdStorage to chill ourselves .

In the end , we bought this sugar peanuts and this codfish thingi . After eating for a long time at the first level , we gave up . Evan and i were lying on the floor , eating away . YongRui was walking around ... then i thought , maybe YongRui could accompany me on the Pipa for the piece that im learning . So , we went upstairs . I left the food on the floor and the packets on the floor too , then Jwen went to take them ... because she wanted to eat .

So , YongRui could sightread it , but not as well as ZhengQiang , but good enough . I took ShuMin's Pipa and went through it with him .

After that , ShuMin and i went to take dinner . So , i asked if she could tell me what happened . She told me a little , and well ... then her eyes went red already , so ... i thought maybe ... forget it . I can roughly get the idea already , but still ... i dun get it totally . Some people should really sometimes deserve a big fat slap .

I treated her to the curry chicken , then Adams was there too , with this other guy . Then Adams came to our table and told me that i played very well . Thanks ! But well , it might be a good performance to some , but not many . If u like something because u dunno it , thats alright . If u like something partly because that u dun understand it and u thought it sounded great , then its better . If u like something that u already know , thats good . But , if u like something that u wont expect urself to like , thats the best .

During sightsinging class , which was before dinner , i sat beside Edric . Then , we were singing and he was going ... so out of tune ! Before that was tutorial , which was the time slot for the guys , all the Tenors and Basses . But well , some of the guys couldnt attend that slot , so ... luckily , there were quite a few guys in the later class . Great . It was fine , and there'll be a test for the Altos and Sopranos . Lucky us .

Thanks to Julia who stayed awake just to hear me play . Edric only saw me walking in . And thanks to many for that wonderful applause . Im so grateful .

Practiced the piece with YongRui even more when ShuMin and i came back to school from dinner . Was listening and watching YuJia's performance online . Last time , she's really great and very beautiful . But well , i didnt say shes not now .

So , the piece is kinda ... nice , but filled with many errors . Am i suppose to fill in the blanks ? I dunno . For some notes , i already edited it . For safety reasons , i'll be wearing a helmet . No . I'll be asking TingTing for the score , for the Zheng's version . I'll compare it and then , i'll edit the notes , if necessary ... most likely so .

After that , i went down to eat with a few of the classmates . Christoven , Mark , YongRui and i took the lift down . Tomorrow there'll be presentations , and ... i have to reach school earlier than usual by half an hour . Remember ? What the hell ? So , we're starting class early ... so , i should be sleeping now . Its already an hour since i started blogging ... Why am i so slow ?

So , anyway , talking about food ... We went to eat , and i ordered this horrible drink , which was $3 , MiloDino . Now , im quite hungry , but not feeling quite in the mood to eat .

Mom just gave me this letter , from school ... with a fine of $15 . Let me say this , for the truth , NAFA is the fastest school to collect money . Maybe not , because i havent been in many schools . But , service is yet the slowest . They take 1 day to collect all the money , and they take 1 year to give out money . It took almost 3 months for YanYu to collect her money . And well , they didnt send me the letter to remind me how much ive to pay . By right , i think it should be worked this way ! Im angry and really fed up with the administration . What the fuck is going wrong in there ? I dun understand . So , now ive to pay this fucking $15 ? I would seriously rather tear the money and go into jail .

But well , talk is talk , i still have to pay , i know . But , im angry , just like my solo piece today . Angry inside , and that is the sound of silence .

We were talking about some people in during our supper at the prata shop . I dunno why there are weird people in our class ... and its this weird guy , u know who , and i dunno what he thinks ! I just cannot understand him . Anyway , thanks to ShiXuan for her lovely comment . She said that she loves the tone of the Pipa . Thanks alot ... its hard to find somebody who can appreciate Chinese music . But who knows ... ? Well ...

I recieved this letter , from the company who dealt with Dad's funeral . So , there was this cheque reciept , and this CDs ... which i dunno what it is . Mom was asking about the name and stuff ... because it says to Jane's sister . Well , they got the wrong address , but well ... i hate it when Mom gives that idiotic irritating look . I fucking hate it alot . Well , Dad is dead ! So forget it ! Dun give me that look ! He is dead , i repeat , dead ! Gone from this world already , what else do u want , Mom ? Do u wanna spit on his grave ?

Fucking stop that , everybody !