Saturday, July 01, 2006

Lush Rhetoric

Preparing the songs to send to Christoven . He requested for a very famous Pipa piece . Well , im ripping it out from my CDs ...

School was great . I went to school at around noon . Mom fetched me there , with her cousins . And well , so ... i got a ride to school , and i went to drink soya alone . Saw QingLun walking towards Bugis before that , and i called him on the phone . And well , he was going towards Kallang , because he forgot his Dizi .

So , i met ZhengYi and Angeline later at the stall . They were telling me about the graduation thingi . Well , tomorrow will be their graduation day . And so , they'll be collecting their degree and for others , diploma . So interesting . Well , its at the theatre , and bad news is that , its going to be so crowded ... because not just the music faculty , but also the whole of NAFA .

Im currently listening to the Pipa piece . Im amazed that such an old recording could actually sound that good . Anyway , ive played this piece before . The ArtHouse invited a few of us to test the hall before it was open ... and so , i played this piece there . The acoustic was good ... and Patrick recorded it . It sounded quite well , till that Samuel couldnt even tell that it was me playing . He asked who played the Pipa ... and well , i said ... its me ! But too bad , the recording was lost a few years ago . Sad . Really . The ArtHouse was the building that we watched the SingaporeGaGa .

Performance class was crowded with people . Before that , i helped KaiXiang with the programme sheet . He was typing it out in the computer lab . So last minute right ? But well , no choice , everything aint confirmed . So , HaoSong wasnt around , and we didnt know ... so , we put his name into the programme list . For me , i played my first exam piece , the one which bagged me a 'B' .

Im going to teach at HongWen again , tomorrow , for YouGuo . I hope its not that bad this time .

Anyway , first was YeoYee . She was very calm , and of course , again ... very serious . Too serious . She should relax abit . Edward was in class today , and so was Andy . DongXiao, the ErHu woman , or girl , played today . She is here for her degree , and damn , she played really well . Shocking techniques that ive never seen before . Well , it is afterall a modern piece by TanDun . HaoSong will be accompanying her , and i hope its good .

YouGuo was there , and he told me to be careful of his Pipa . Well , i did . Anyway , after i played my piece , he left straight away . I didnt even have a chance to ask how it was . Anyway , i played badly . Many horrible mistakes . I was nervous , and so ... i pressed many wrong notes , but i tried covering it up . Not bad , not many people spotted the mistakes . Those horrible obvious ones ... of course was shot many times by many people . YeoYee said that my tremelo has improved , and well ... for last week , people commented that my tremelo should be faster . Let me explain , the speed of the tremelo depends on the speed of the piece , and the requirements . So , not anyhow . But of course , i did it faster for the piece i played today . Contrast in dynamics aint enough ... and for the last part , KaiXiang said , i did a very stupid cheesey move . I ended , and then ... i purposely , did a stupid twist and a smile . I was trying to be funny , i know .

ShuMin said that im a funny person . Actually , honestly , i dun think so . I talk like that , and it makes people laugh . I dunno why , its hard to actually make me laugh . If i really do , usually i'll be in tears . If not , then im laughing for the sake of entertainment , for show . Really . But still , its manners sometimes to laugh at the right time .

QingLun played very softly today . Well , its just a bad day . Im sure he'll play a hell lot better . I think its the condition of the hall , sometimes ... it just sounds really soft . That day i heard him play , with ShuMin , and it amazed me how he played it like that . It was really good .

YeoYee improved alot , and she has a serious look . While , for Jason , he slacks alot . And he plays with a sense of comfort . But because so , he doesnt look serious enough . If we combine them both together ... it'll make a good ErHu player ! Right ...

KaiXiang didnt play , and HaoSong went missing . Heard that he went for some ear operation . ShuMin went out for some paper work , so she didnt play .

Anthea's piece was kinda too easy , merely grade 4 . But even so , some lower grade songs can be challenging too , in terms of tonal colours . I think i'll be playing one very soon , because im running out of pieces . I dun wanna play those super common pieces ... im picky , whateva . Anyway , she played quite terribly today . Why ? Because she didnt practice enough i guess . If she does , i believe it'll be really nice ... because afterall , she'd played the song ever since dunno when . For me , ive never ever played that song before .

TingTing was just ever so diva . She is good . She played her piece , though with her scores , like me , but she managed to play it pretty well . But of course , not as good as her usual performances .

ZiNan , TingTing's friend , the Zheng player from China played pretty well too . Her faster section aint that smooth , but her exposition section was great . Some minor problems , but still ... it was good . She went out of class , and came back with a red nose . Well ... was she crying ? Nobody knows . But she claimed that she was cold . Well ...

Anyway , for now , i feel like shitting . Ive been feeling that today , and well ... when i stood up just now to go shit , it felt better . Why ? Why dun it come out ? Can somebody help me ask it out ? I wanna shit , but it wont come out !

Wait ... its coming ...

Im back . Feeling lighter ... I think i passed the Thai food out , and so much of the chilli ... my anus hurts . Think u wouldnt wanna hear about that in detail ... so lets skip that .

MrYeo went through some silly stage movements and everybody was laughing . I like DongXiao's comments , they are honest and very general .

Anyway , after class , i went to practice till QingLun came out of aural class . Then , we went to eat . Dedric , Jason , ShuMin , YeoYee and i ate chicken rice . QingLun went off first , he has some other practices . So anyway , it was kinda cheap ... merely only $5 for a good meal . A whole chicken , with dumplings and ... some beansprout . ShuMin and YeoYee left after dinner , they went towards Malaysia . They have to go back home and stuff ... and it was funny when they hurried us , because ... the custom was going to jam .

Went for a drink , and a chat . Then after that , Jason went home . I went back to school to practice the Ruan , with Dedric . We talked , about the usual stuffs . And well , then i was deciding whether to go orchestral practice with Dedric ... some other orchestra . But to think of it , ive been helping out others that ive been neglecting CSCO . Well , its my home orchestra , and so dun worry , i'll be back . Im a bad leader , they should plan for the next leader already . If they stay on to keep me as leader , then i think ... they are stupid , really .

So i went upstairs and Dedric went off for his practice . I met Christoven and PekChuan , they were playing near the window . It was nice . And well , then PekChuan played some super Chinese piece ... Christoven and i listened . LiangJing came over , and Christoven passed him my score . I need an accompanist badly . A good one , because im going for competition , and for my exams too . So anyway , its tough . Audrey tried and she said she cannot make it . ZhengQiang sightread it really fast and well , but he doesnt want to accompany . Being an accompanist needs alot of committment , because one needs to practice his or her own pieces ... and moreover , time for the accompaniment . Its tough , i know , but still ... i need a Pianist ! Thats it , im going to dig my head into the freshies , i heard there's aplenty of good Pianists . Lets see ...

SiHan was playing LAN with Samuel . Weird . I dunno ... nevermind ...

Christoven and i walked over to BeachHotel . Familiar place ? It was there that XueMin almost got raped by her uncle ... then remember ? She pushed him and ran out ... then took a cab down to Orchard to meet Jwen and gang . What a good story ! Dun u think so ? Its so award winning ! Case file , '47336' .

Nevermind , we were looking for ... a place to drink . So , couldnt find one . Then , we took a cab down to ... Fullerton Hotel . We went there for a drink . Such a lush lifestyle , i know . I love it . So , i ordered a soup , which was ... $10 . Christoven ordered beer , $15 ... and 4 stupid chicken sticks for $13 . I kept drinking iced water , and i hate it when i have to keep asking for re-fill . I think they should just leave a jug there like some smart restaurants . So , they're service aint as good as other hotels ... but still , the ambience there was excellent . Beautiful music played by live musicians . As in , living ones . And well , there was only 2 Violinists ... i wonder how they produced the Piano accompaniment , and worse ... some sounded orchestral . Weird and funny .

I think im beginning to love the life of the rich . But first , one must be rich . If a poor guy goes spending like that , he's one dead meat . Well , anyway , we ate a hell lots of nuts . And please , its some really high class nut . They have 3 variety , and well ... it tasted all damn good . And there was this really super nice chip . I loved it ! So fucking nice ! Anyway , we sat around and when we left , there was this African woman dancing . Christoven paid for the meal , and i'll be paying him back $13 plus . The meal was $44 plus . He ate quite alot ...

We walked towards a super far bus-stop , and i took bus 130 with him . It goes towards AngMoKio , so its fine with me , and it goes to his place . So , we talked ... and then , he left .

I didnt fall asleep . At Bishan , i was lucky , i managed to jump on to the bus behind , 162 . So , i got home ...

Today , i wore this red shirt . Mom thought that i bought new clothings and she scolded me ... and so , she hung this red shirt there . I thought ... its not mine ! So , i wore it still . I came home , with my uncle and cousin sitting in the hall , watching soccer . I quickly rushed into my room and put on another shirt that is red . Funny .

Sad , ive to sleep now ... because i need to be at HongWen by 10 am . Well , money , work , no choice . So , goodnight my friends . Tomorrow i'll be performing at YMS , at night around 7 pm . Its another orchestra , by MrYeo .