Sunday, July 02, 2006

Hunting Time

I just cracked my brain for my ethnomusicology class tomorrow . So , we're going to present our instruments in ethnomusicological terms . Great . I spent around an hour digging out my materials ... and i found some really old ornaments to show the class tomorrow . I'll be playing the Pipa too ... so exciting ! I'll see if there's anything else to make my presentation more interesting ... Recordings ? Or maybe ... pictures . But , i cannot print ... So , too bad . Im listening to the recordings now ... i think i shall bring it to school . I think im making the presentation into something too ... big . Isit just a small class presentation ... ? Will we gain marks ? Im not sure ... But well , im making it big . Hit me .

Went to help MrBoo this morning . Well , i called YouGuo up ... and he went too . Didnt go for CSCO , and i heard that there isnt anybody there today . Well , sadly , i am currently busy , but of course ... no matter how long a bird flies , it will rest in its home nest .

MrYeo thanked me for helping out yesterday through a message .

So , i woke up early ... and took a bus down . My stomach was growling so loudly ... and recently , i have this urge to shit . And that doesnt matter ... but its like all the time ! Shit , shit . Jonathan helped me with the Pipas , and he took a few out . When i was there , i ordered food , and after which ... i rushed up for rehearsal .

I took out the Pipas and tried them all . They all sounded like shit . I played them all , and sure , they really do sound like shit . Ive damaged all their Pipas . How ? Because its so lousy that ... when i strum , the string snaps , or when i run my fingers ... the frets drop . Goodness , can somebody get a better Pipa . With Pipas like that , nobody is going to wanna learn it . So , i tuned the lousy Pipas ... and i gave the better one to YouGuo . He has one fret dropping , and for mine , i have spoilt strings and frets . Nevermind ...

YouGuo was in a bad mood , and he came in looking tired and sleepy . He was sick , and so ... we talked for a while , then we started playing Pipa together . That cheered him up , he started smiling from then on . I told him jokes and stuff to make him feel better . He was coughing away , but not as bad as the Ruan player behind . Well , JonathanNgeow was coughing away ... so loudly . I think he is sick . Well , who knows whats messing in his life ? I dun care .

YouGuo drank his coffee while MrBoo talked . He spoke for quite a long time before we started with the practice . Dedric came later ... and today , there was so many people . There was YouGuo , Dedric , YanChong and RuiXiang . Of course , many others . One , Cellist , from YongSiewToh , NUS . And this Ruan player , quite old , but i heard that he was professional last time , and he played really really well . He was very famous . He smiled at me last night , because i was playing the Ruan , and we dun talk much ... but we do say a few lines to entertain . Anyway , many people was around ... and MrBoo talked around too , and so as he conducts .

The pieces were familiar , old and boring . Nothing refreshing ... so , we improvised sometimes . The concert is going to be quite long , because there are many pieces , but short ones ... not one that exceeds ten minutes . Jonathan is playing a Dizi solo , with orchestra . BenBoo will be soloing 2 Vibraphone pieces , with the orchestra . Dedric will be playing a Suona solo , with Sheng accompaniment . Anyway , i'll be busy on stage playing and flipping scores ... so is Youguo . Sometimes , we just hope that we can play faster , so it'll end faster and it'll be more thrilling . But well , nobody did so ... the pieces were all rather ... slow , im comparison to original speed , except for BenBoo's pieces , we didnt even have time to sightread the fast quaver notes . Funny .

Anyway , practice ended for us , and we went off . YouGuo , Dedric and i went into the lift , and started bitching . Well , YouGuo's student , from NAFA , is in the orchestra . Well , the mother was there too ... and she called on YouGuo's phone to ask if her daughter played wrongly . Well , what a mother . She was asking why YouGuo played differently and stuff . Well , auntie , we're sightreading ! And of course ... improvising too , which is wrong . Anyway , YouGuo was quite disturbed by the questions ... I played with the girl twice , during MrBoo's practices a week ago or so , and i dun like her attitude . She ignores people and she doesnt speak ... and its fucking irritating . I dun care whether if she's just quiet or what ... i just hate the silence . Its fucking irritating . Im sorry if ur reading this , i dunno u well and stuff ... its wrong for my to make such a judgement .

But still ... nevermind , u get it .

So , we walked towards the market for food . YouGuo was grumbling , and he needed food badly . I ordered fried noodles , and Dedric ate this fish soup thingi , and for YouGuo , he ate noodles and a second serving of another bowl of another noodle . Dedric was hungry too , and he wanted more ... but he doesnt want to share with me , because i cheated his money . For 2 days , i've cheated him of a free chicken rice meal . Its damn funny . Well , i was poor . So , i treated him to drinks , which were cheaper ... merely a few cents . Anyway , we sat there for quite a long time , chatting and talking and argueing . For Dedric's case , telling stories and making stories .

We took our bags and left the market , hopped onto a cab and drove towards YouGuo's clinic . He needed medicine badly too . He was sick , and so ... we accompanied him to see the doctor . It was quite a long queue ... and it'll take quite a while for his turn . So , we suggested that to kill time , maybe we'll send Dedric to the barber . And well ... we ...

We did ! I pushed him in , and i lied to him that i'll cut my hair too . So , the auntie tied this thingi to his neck , and he sat there quietly , unable to turn back time . And soon , his hair came falling ...

It was so sleepy and boring watching him getting his haircut . So , YouGuo went to wait for his turn , while i sat there and read a magazine ... with a huge topic on BrandonRouth , u know ... the one who acted as Superman . I wont mention what i've read here . I took intervals reading and watching the auntie cutting his hair . He was sleeping ! Almost . I woke him up everytime he tried . It made me laugh . Anyway , he got a really nice haircut , but after awhile , his hair went back to this ugly old ostrich look . The same old Dedric ... with a permanent hairstyle .

YouGuo came out and we took turns praising his hair .

We went to NTUC , and shopped . YouGuo was feeling much better , after seeing the doctor . Just , seeing . And well , he was thinking of buying bread and stuff . And he asked if he can steam the french fries ... Weird way of cooking , but sure u can . Dedric and i went to look for his gel , because he thought maybe a new gel would produce a new look . Who knows , his nice hairstyle grew back into his old shape . Old Dedric .

Nothing , we went upstairs to buy stationery . I bought myself a marker . Then YouGuo was saying that he has been losing things recently , and i lost like 30 pens already . Amazing ... ?

Well , nothing much ... he bought us an ice-cream each . Then we took a cab home . We dropped YouGuo then after that , i went Woodlands with Dedric . In the cab , we were talking and then , slept for a while ... because we're too tired ! I dunno why ... but , isit the practice ? It cant be that tiring right ... ?

Anyway , i alighted at Woodlands and took an MRT home . In the MRT , i slept ... when i woke up , i have a huge audience of passengers looking at me . So embarrassing ... My head was tilting upwards and thus , im looking up . And moreover , i slept with my mouth open . Anyway , i overshot my stop and i went to AngMoKio .

Nevermind , i alighted calmly ... and went to buy myself a drink . I noticed a number of people wearing this similar shirt i saw in Tampines . Some school shirt , and they were celebrating some dunno what day ... i think its chocolate day ... ? Weird , i didnt know such a day exists ?

I got home , tired and beat out . So , i didnt do anything , but i only watched some video clips .

I've to say this , i love RegineVelasquez ! She is the ultimate . She has a very powerful voice , both strong and well-controlled . I watched her videos , and i spent a few hours on her . She is so amazing ! I cried to some of her songs ... because is just simply too good . Somehow , i think she amazes me more than Celine , because she covers a wider genre of songs . She can sing almost anything ! But somehow i feel that , she is competing with CelineDion and MariahCarey , because she sang many of their songs ... and most of all , better !

U know what that means when i like a certain singer ... Its time to hunt their CDs down and steal it all home ! I mean , all ! All of it ! I want it !

Before i forget , here's the thing about SiHan . He is ... a Cellist .

Im joking . But well , he is taking harmony with the other class ... so , there's little chances of seeing him in class , because there's only 3 lectures and he'll only attend history lecture with us . So , for these few weeks , i havent been hanging out with him much . Arent u sad , SiHan ? I bet u are . But nevermind , im still here .