Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Importance

How private indeed . Please , its so obvious ... with the pictures and the names . Im the only one who plays Pipa in school ... hello ... ? Except for Anthea and ShuMin ... but , its kinda impossible for them to know so many people in school yet ... right ? A little stupid .

But well , im wondering ... does a certain religion shape somebody's characters ? If it does , then why there are so many 'sinful' people around . I know , we're all sinners , but still ... according to the bible , people should try to follow the examples of Jesus . Yes , but not as in terms of being as holy as him . Because , we know , its not possible , but it is possible to try . The gist here is to , try .

Woke up quite late . So , again ... i took a cab to school . I wanted to take the bus , but well ... the bus took quite a while to arrive . So , i decided to take a cab down ... because its faster .

I wore bright yellow , and it attracted much attention . I entered the theatre , and Edward asked me to write down the piece that i'll be playing next week . I was , then , thinking about whether to really play that piece , or not to . Because the piece is ... kinda too easy . And moreover , for an easy song to sound that horrible , its kinda disappointing . QingLun wore pink , same goes to KaiXiang . They went for the interview for a grant by NAC . QingLun said that it didnt go quite well for him . EricWatson was there , KenChang and KellyTang was there too . 8 of them in total , and they are all local musicians , famous ones . I think it should be well for KaiXiang .

Im supposedly playing for the platform today , but thanks to the one next week , i told MsPhua that i'll skip today's . I hope ive more chances of performing next time , but still ... of course , i hope ive more time to prepare my pieces too . Angela was kinda nervous , but still , for her own performance on the Organ , its the most interesting one , for me . The Piano pieces were boring ... but YiKai's one was fine , because i like to see him perform . His body language matches his music very well . Maybe some people might not agree , but i think its really quite enjoyable , unlike some boring performance on the Piano with a retarded face .

We saw many things during the platform . Some people were sleeping , and leaning on each other ... and Jwen and i was drawing and writing stuffs during the Piano piece by Darius . Evan was sitting at the other corner , paying attention to his playing .

After the performance , we went to drink . QingLun , and his classmates ... let me recall them , Joyce , Tiffany and Jane . All Pianist , except Jane , who plays the Flute . I heard that she is very nice . On the contrary , Jane , the evil wife of my father , is a fucking bitch . So sorry for the vulgarity .

Evan , Jwen and i tagged along . I had my lunch there , and i think im going to shop around that place quite often . Because , i think the things are quite cheap . I'll drink and rot around there next time , so ... find me there .

Jwen , Evan and i sat around , laughing away . They left for class . And well , not really funny though . So , we went back to school .

I was walking around ... and doing nothing . I had nothing to do , so ... i wasted time till tutorial . DrKan played this video , on this symphony ... Well , i think Western conductors turn me off . I actually would love to see a Chinese conductor on stage more often then a Western one . Not in terms of the differeny orchestras , but actually ... in term of race . Not racist , but just maybe that Western conductors have this weird gesticulation . Chinese conductors have another more dramatic way of bring about the music . Well , ive seen Chinese conductors with the Western orchestras ... and they looked pretty fine to me . Western conductors , dun .

Anyway , i forced Fairul to sit beside me and May . And we talked . I passed around my rings , and they wore it and one of my rings , the one like a belt , was on May's fingers . And so ... ? It got stuck ? No . She likes it , so i'll let her wear it for the time being . Anyway , ive like 5 rings in my bag ... so , anytime , any one .

Tutorial was kinda ... boring . I think Western music has weird stories . So , the symphony that we heard is about this guy , who loves this woman . And well , he fell in love with her , and he dreamt about him killing her . So , he was condemned to death , and he marched to the scaffold , and met the witches of hell . Weird ? Yes , very weird .

Come , let me compare this to a story of a Pipa concerto . Its about this 2 Mongolian girls , taking care of their sheeps . And the storm comes , and they fought the storm together , just to protect their sheeps . And well , late at night , they walked through the cold unfeeling weather towards home . And finally , its dawn , and the morning light shone through the fog , and the homely feeling gushed over , as they danced around because they got through the storm . Typical children story , and its nice and touching .

I think in terms of story , actually ... the Chinese music is better . I think they can convey emotions better too . I think the songs or pieces , dun just have a structure , but has many things going on and stuff . Western music just sounds the same all the time . Now , here's something interesting . I see people sleeping during Western music concerts . I dun see as much sleeping in a Chinese music concert . Its the truth . Im not being biased or something . Well ... up to u to believe . If u dun mind , let me bring u out to a Chinese music concert one day .

Mind u , not pop , nor tradition , but modern or classical Chinese pieces .

Anyway , after history , we rushed down for sightsinging . Last week , we got scolded because DrKan released us late . Well , she gave that face when we told her that we had to go . Sightsinging was fun , we went through the choir piece . I sat beside YongRui . Anyway , before tutorial , i went to drink with Mark and SiHan . I ordered 2 pieces of egg ... and its nice ! I think i shall have that as lunch again .

Practiced for quite a long time . I used YouGuo's Pipa , and i felt kinda bad about it . I wanna buy my own Pipa as soon as possible , but when will that be ? I hope somebody can buy one for me ! Please ! Anyway , i was listening to Edric and his Trumpet at level 4 before that , and it sounded alright . Well , hardworking people . I see him practicing quite often , so does Samuel too . And mostly , YeoYee .

I think its time to wake up , WeiKang .

Jeremy took this horrible picture , and he showed me funny clips . I think he is like ... cool , but funny and ... weird . Really , weird . Well , he is currently chasing this girl ... I better stop here .

Now , i think i need to practice wisely . I went through some old pieces , and i think ive decided to use it for the platform next week ... because , maybe the piece for Anthea , ShuMin and i is too ... simple and ... not really nice to hear . Anyway , my piece aint going to be very nice either . Though its hard , its ... boring and old . I love ancient pieces .

Jeremy just sent me the picture . So ugly ! And Jwen is going to send me another one later . For me , i sent KaiXiang the NAFA logo ... He is so willing and hardworking . He is doing the programme note for the Chinese performance class . MrYeo should be doing it , but ... of course , its hard for him , because nobody can confirm what they'll be playing yet and moreover , he isnt in school often . To think of it , im performing for him this coming dunno when ... and i think im going to screw things up .

I think im not just playing Pipa already . Im starting to play Ruan with nails quite often . I want to ask ChaiXia or others to play , but ... they only want me , because they dun wanna trouble others . And its this connection thingi . So well ... im playing the Ruan , and its giving me headaches , because im not familiar with the fingerings and the keys at all ... So , im always thinking and improvising . But for somebody like me , its not bad already ! I still can produce a sound better and louder than some people . No offence , i mean those learning Ruans in school and stuff ...

Tomorrow will be a good day , i think . Because , we're going to see DrKan twice , and i'll be having aural class with EricWatson , and moreover , Yohanna is going to go through harmony tutorial . And u know what ? Ive only attended the classes once . Im so dead ... ?

Mom fetched me home , and i was reading this magazine that i found in school . And there's this section on the teenage icon thingi . KaiXiang joined the competition and got into the semi-finals . Well , i dunno why ... but ... why join the competition at all ? Weird . But well , im going to go watch him sing on my Mom's birthday . Because , it falls on that day . Good luck !

I gave Mom the ring , and she was ... stunned . Not because she is elated , because she's been recieving gifts like jewelleries ever since dunno when from me , but she was shocked because my diamond is bigger than hers ! And she asked why so ... and i said , because im the guy . And then she dropped her jaw ... and she talked nonsense , as in literally ... like baby language . So cute and funny ...

This year February , i posted this title , and that title is the piece that im going to play . It talks about the sound of silence . As in like Singaporeans , they dun say things out to the government even if they're not happy . For the composer , he aint happy with the society , but there's nothing he can say or do , so ... this song is about an inner shouting , frustration . Its difficult , in terms of both techniques and music . Im gonna have a hard time playing this piece , because its slow ... and very fast too . I burnt my fingers playing this just now .

I took away my father's ring , and left it in the corner . Why ? Because he is gone , and now Mom is the most important person i have now . Ive to take care of her , and make sure she enjoys her life here with me . She always tell others that she is the most lucky to have me as a son , but back at home , she'll shout and tell me how unlucky she is ... because i dun wash my own clothings and stuff . Funny , yes , i thought so , but to think of it , i must treasure her more than Dad , because after all , she is alone with me , and she promised not to marry again , for my sake . As for Dad , he got his horrible witch to take care of him , which caused his death . And well , as for him also , he has a family , a new family . For Mom , she only has me . So , whats the weightage ? U measure .