Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Wannabe

Woke up earlier , and of course , i wasnt late . I went to school , all by myself . Uncle didnt fetch me to the bus-stop , neither did he really bothered to do so , because he was watching soccer ... and he didnt even get ready when he saw me carrying my bag and stuff . Well , so much for the football ... and the money , i think . So , i went to school , all by myself . Did i hear some clapping ? Thanks , so much for the encouragement .

Just came home from a sleepy journey , in bus 13 . Im so dead , i went to many different orchestras within this few month . Today , i went to PAYCO . QingLun brought me and ShuMin there . To think of it , i might join ... because , i think its rather interesting . But , im afraid of politics . So , for the people there ... im not really sure yet . But , they look find to me ... especially since Andy is there too . So anyway , we took a cab there after drinking soya . ShuMin paid for the cab first , and ... she bought curry vegetable for us during dinner . How sweet ... not ! Its time to talk about her ...

She is very rough ! She pinched me , and now ... im bruising all over . She is very nice , funny and sociable . I think im in good terms with her . But , she pinches people ! I hate pinching , because i'll bruise easily . I remember those days back in ACS ... when im not pinched , but punched ! Thanks to Darius and gang . So , i went to OBS with bruises ... As for Darius , he has scars and scratches ... from my claws .

Anyway , MsLim , our Chinese music teacher ... came early . She was doing the computer and stuff ... and today , she's all dressed up . Nice hair and eyes . She taught us about Percussion today , and well ... its amazing how they create this kinda bells , that produces 2 different pitches . Dun u think its amazing ? For the Chinese people , during the ancient period , to create this gigantic huge bells ... ? And well , somebody , dunno isit dumb or what , asked if the bells are made to sound out of tune . For those ... idiots , please do not compare ethnical music to ur dear precious well trained Western knowledge . Its nothing quite similar , so ... if its out of tune , bear with it , its still music . Its only out of tune to ur ears .

What has gotten over me ? I dunno . Bitch .

Class was fun . Again , she got really excited ... and she starts talking like shes gonna cry . So cute . I think its the best class ever . So much fun ... and interesting things to see and hear . I like Chinese music class . I mean , tradition Chinese music .

Harmony was great too . For the first time , i felt so ... comfortable . Sometimes , i hide with fear ... knowing that he might just call my name anytime to answer any question ... and worse , when the class is quiet . U know , i cant answer questions like that , i usually need time to think and write or type it out , to give a good answer . Not good , but better . So , if DrKan or anybody ask me any question , i'll just freak out and keep quiet . So , he did ask me a question , and before he even did so , i told him that i dunno . I kept asking Fhairil to explain the things he said to me ... finally , i understood . MrYap was in a very good mood , and i love it when teachers are happy ... because , they wont stress us . Especially DrGoh ... somebody please make him happy everyday ! I dun wanna see him frown .

After that , we went to eat . Ate something simple , with Fhairil and Mark . But later , many came along too . ShuMin , Mark , Fhairil and i sat together . The Malay food opposite NAFA is good . So , YeoYee and her friends were there too . Well , later then she came over , and we talked about this horrible person . He plays the ErHu too . Jason , its not u . And well , this horrible person picks on everybody , and especially YeoYee too . Evil people ... Well , ignore people like that , they're plentiful around ... so , treat them like grass . Step on it .

QingLun took medical leave today . I wonder why ...

I forgot , im not suppose to tell anyone about it . I just did ...

Anyway , he came over to NAFA later . And ShuMin , Anthea and i practiced our piece . We're going to perform this Pipa solo , simple piece , next week . And well , we made it into another version , for 3 players . So , we added things , and removed things ... and well , we made the piece for ourselves . The composer is dead ... right ? Im sorry , well ... im only joking . But people has been doing this kinda things for decades . I think its only a practice that changing scores is a new trend that follows the next generation . So , listen to us next week . Its gonna be noisy ... and amazingly , weird .

ShuMin and i played around after Anthea left . We played some pieces , and we went to eat with QingLun . He dragged us out to curry rice , again ! Well , we didnt eat , we watched him eat . And after that , we went back to NAFA . On our way back , we saw somebody . It was YinHao with his girlfriend . U know , the Dizi guy ... and the girlfriend , an ErHu player . But well , i didnt wanna say hello , because we're not really that close . But sure , we talk and wave when we see each other during concerts or events . But not today . He opens a shop somewhere ... which im not really sure . So capable ... ?

After that , we practiced for a while ... and heard QingLun play . He has this very amazing long part , which requires cycle breathing . People may find that amazing , but actually ... its quite nothing . For me , it still amazes me . Somebody once told me that they breath and blow at the same time , so thats why ... i found it amazing . But hell , that guy lied ! I hope he rot in hell . So anyway , QingLun explained the concept of the technique to me . Now , i know . So , i can start lying to those that doesnt ! Im so ... evil . He played for us , and it was good .

Remember the rare Pipa concerto i talked about ? I heard it . It sucks big time .

So , we took a cab over to PAYCO . The conductor was Sydney , this composer or arranger , who arranged a piece by DickLee , and he was conducting it . I felt the unfriendly coldness when i entered the room . He was scolding the electrician , or dunno whateva . So well , he has attitude problem . Is he a wannabe ... ? Or is he really professional ? His comments are very ... secondary . He gives comments like its from a view of a very simple musician . So , he arranged the music for the Indian , Malay , Western and Chinese orchestra . But well , the Chinese instruments rest for a chunk of big monkey bars . He doesnt know how to write ... thats all i can say . He wrote a non-existing note for the ErHu , and he doesnt know the correct octaves of the ErHu . Anyway , he was kinda strict , and kinda ... act big . Well , whateva . I didnt like it . Good thing , after their upcoming concert , he wont be back .

Gale was the only Pipa player there . Harry has exams or something ... So anyway , she has this cute little good Pipa . Richard and Fhairil came later . I saw the grim on Fhairil's face when Sydney conducted . I know , the expression is weird . Is he of a more ... modern composer ? Or ... maybe , just a person who happens to know how to compose ? Maybe i'll become like that one day . Who knows ... ? ChenWei said that for somebody who doesnt have any training , i have compositional talent ! I love u , ChenWei . Im joking . But well , thanks for the comment .

Yesterday , i sent a few of my compositions to Jason . He composes too , and i heard his piece . Rather nice . Unlike mine .

Im going to go do some other stuff now . Enough for my own blog ... its time to do something else . Jwen , u know .