Monday, June 05, 2006

Missing

As u all may know , or for those who still think its the holidays , its time to wake up ! So , i slept early , and of course ... for what i sow , i'll reap . I woke up early , and thanks to Chester ... he didnt off the TV , thus the alarm didnt sound . But , with my own will power , i woke up in time .

Took the bus and i was too early for school . So , i had my lonely breakfast with the airwaves . The radio entertained me throughout my journey to school ... After eating , i went upstairs ... and i was so excited about my new elective modules . Tomorrow i'll be having tradition Chinese music ... by ... somebody . And today , i was so early , so ... i sat in and listened to some of the recordings that DrThomasManhart played . He saw me earlier , walking around at the corners ... then when i entered the classroom , he was like surprised and showed me a thumb up .

At 9 am , exactly , there's only 3 in the class , Charmaine , Jobyna and i . So , there's supposingly 13 , so ... where are the rest ? Well , DrManhart was very nice . He talked to us ... but with a little German accent ... which sounded rather weird to me . But well , at least i can catch what he's saying , thats good enough . More and more came in , later and later . Soon , the class was filled , but with a few more missing . Valerie was the last to come into class . DrManhart was rather patient and he was very funny . He is lame , and smart and the same time . So , a good combination ... i must say , a good choice other than DrGoh's modules . But well , i didnt wanna do orchestration because he warned us about how difficult its going to get , and also the fact that i wont be doing orchestration for Western instruments in the future ... Or maybe i would , but definitely not the Brass instruments . I hate transposing scores ... and of course , that'll happen in the Brass instrument's cases . As in , not the cases ... but as in that case . U know ? Nevermind ...

DrManhart went on into the introduction of ethnomusicology , which is the name of my module . Its simply known as world music to outsiders , but well ... ethnomusicology has more to that . It involves the study of anthropology as well , which is the study of man . So in short , its actually just about ... people making music ! As in ... studying individuals and societies all around the world , including the Western countries , and their musical developments . It explores the ways in which people make use of tradition in daily life as well as times of crisis , celebration , and changes . It explores the dynamics of tradition and creativity in society . Combining the perspectives of the humanities and social sciences , folklorists examine processes of individual creativity and of communication in diverse social and cultural settings throughout the world . So , doesnt that sound interesting ... ? There is no definite defination on ethnomusicology , and there are many perspectives to it , as well as concerns . I think im going to enjoy my time playing , as in fun , in this class ... as well as the time spent on doing research projects . At least , honestly , its way more fun compared to DrKan's lectures .

However so , DrKan's lectures are the most important thing ...

Anyway , after class , we went to check SiHan's modules . Somebody picked studio recording techniques . Good , next time can help me record ... Anyway , SiHan's module starts during next semester . Unfair ! Where is the justice ? The paper has so many lines ... and to check ur module , u've to find ur name ... then follow the line till it has a tick ... then follow upwards to check the module title . Thats so freaking difficult ... By the time u follow the line , ur already at somebody else's slot . What the hell right ? They should design the chart again .

After class , i thought im going to die because i dun have a Pipa for ensemble later . But who knows , there aint any orchestra or ensemble training this week ... because , theres going to be a talk at 2 pm . So , before going for the talk ... i went to KarlHeng to meet YouGuo .

He was teaching there , so i stayed around and played the Pipa and the Ruan . Had some really nice conversations there while waiting for him . He withdrew some money for me , and suddenly , i felt ... rich ! Thanks YouGuo , and especially the scores . He passed them to me today , and i copied it straight away ... The lady at the shop has some attitude problems ... Well , must be all the stress that the papers were giving . She took really long to print the scores , and she printed them double sided ... Its a music score , hello ? Maybe she doesnt know .

We talked about life ... and some people that he saw yesterday or a few days ago . Disgusting people . Its just somebody , not worthy to be mentioned in this blog . Or else , im gonna be sued again . But hopefully , this time , somebody will send the lawyer's letter to my house . I dun like invisable ones . Anyway , after that ... i walked him to the MRT station , then i saw Laurel and his girlfriend . I wanted to pretend not to see him , then he waved ... How nice ? So , ive no choice ... but to wave back . Im so evil . Well , i didnt wanna wave because he's with his girlfriend ... i thought he'll feel weird and stuff if somebody sees him and stuff ... I dunno ! Im too sensitive .

Anyway , we saw DrKan today . And well , she was crippling around . She fell down quite badly , and everybody was like rushing towards her ... She fell a few days ago , and i think its quite serious . She was walking alone towards the recital hall . Poor thing ! Our hearts melted ... and created this flood . But , lectures would still go on ... right ? Damn . DrKan should really take a break ! She needs rest , and she needs time for herself . Please pay her more and beg her to stop working so hard . Im joking . DrKan is a good and motivated teacher .

ChaiXia has a new dog ! What the hell ? No way ! When can i have one for myself ? But , i think it'll die in my arms ... Not the smell , but because of the insufficient care ... Well , ive barely any time for myself ... i dun think i should get a pet or something .

So , many people asked whoeva Dickshen is ... ? And well , Dickshen is my baby cousin . And he is cute as hell ! Get the point ? Cute as hell ... ? See ! Now , he is singing outside ... actually , shouting some repeating lines . So noisy . Well , he is really cute . I think he'll grow up to be some really good looking handsome dude . Dun read the next line . Anyway , hes so cute , but well ... just slightly off compared to me .


Save the vomit ! Im joking !

But well , im going to deface him !

Had lunch with SiHan and Fairul . Not lunch actually ... just a slight snack . SiHan at some ice-cream , and i ate my sandwiches over at the NAFA canteen . Adams told us that its new , because some new management has taken over , and it might be worth a try . So , SiHan bought 3 ice-creams ... and treated to Fairul one . Its scary . He ate like 3 ice-creams ... Now , no wonder ...

The talk that Adam gave was ... rather boring , but still , important . So , we're going to have 13 days of holidays ! Aint anybody excited ? Im excited as a baby tadpole .


What the ... ?

So , the year is going to be really short . And things will thus be rather intense ...

Fairul went off to shop with Evan and gang . SiHan sat around with Samuel and gang . So , i went back to school . Dun cry for me , its nothing sad . I went to find my Pipa , because i'll be having lessons with YanYu at 7 pm and its settled . So , im scared .

I then met Rit , or KaiXiang , and he asked about booking rooms . Then , i stood around and talked to Jeremy and Sebestian . Jeremy made so many friends already ... cheeky monster . Sebestian was just shitting around and stuff , nobody cared . Funny . So , after that , i played around with SiHan in the studio . I played his concerto piece in some really dumb style . HuiQi was there too . She helped me find my Pipa ... but well , i couldnt find it !

So , i made a big mistake . I called LiuYan . And i asked if she knows where my Pipa is ... and i think , she thinks that im accusing her of taking it . Communication problems . Well , then i went to ask Edward ... and then , Gabriel , the other staff . But well , i almost wanted to report to Adams . I even went over to the other building to find my Pipa . The stand was there ... but there wasnt any Pipa ... and im was so worried . So well , in the end ... i called YouGuo , the last person to call , and well ... he left it in another room ! Thanks to him , i found my Pipa .

I took it out ... and wanted to kiss it . But , upon the horrible look on the Pipa , i'd rather not . Its still damaged and stuff ... and it sounded horrible , but better , slightly . I played for a few minutes ... then i kept it , because it sounded way too horrible . So , i went to find SiHan and others ... but well , there aint anybody left . Sebestian , Richard and Rit went off to play at ParkLane .

Well , i called Sebestian and asked if he wanna go home . Because , i'll be taking a bus to YiShun ... so must well ask him along . But somebody has wedding dinner to attend tonight ... so , forget it .

I took bus 857 towards YiShun . On the way to the bus-stop , i met them ... and i asked Richard back for my DVDs . So , i called Cyril and we talked shit for a short while . Then after that , we hung up , and i fell asleep .

Horrible things happened on the bus . U guess ...

Well , i stood outside YanYu's door . And she walked around , then she suddenly saw me , and she got shocked again ! Its funny somehow , but not so , because she is pregnant . So , she's now quite ... fat . And i think its good . So , she looked beautiful and stuff ... but the lesson has to go on . I was nervous .

I just recieved a call from Jane . She told me to go down more often ... because the doctor came and told her that Dad isnt going to make it anymore . So , it'll be roughly within this few days time . I hope that Jane is lying again , with her usual lies . But to think of it , i hope that Dad doesnt suffer so much ... and just let things go . I know its hard , but well , i've already hoped for this day ever since he laid in bed , asleep for the entire day .

So , back to the lesson . I told her about my results , and she smiled . She was very happy , and in a good mood . We went through the scores i got today , and its the same piece that TingTing played with the orchestra that time . Well , she said that it might sound bad . I agree , because its not originally written for Pipa . But well , its one of the easier piece and nobody has ever played it in Singapore , for the Pipa concerto version . So , must well give it a try . She allowed me , and we played through the scores together . She aint very very familiar with the Western scores as well ... She was struggling , not badly , with some of the notes . Sometimes , i even corrected her . Its fun to play along with her . She is honest and very kind ... and funny . So , she corrected some notes and taught me some individual techniques . I never thought that today's lesson would be that great .

So , before that left , we talked about some other Pipa players and stuff . I asked when is she going to perform again , like the concerto she played 2 years ago . I went to watch that one , and trust me , its the best ive seen . She told me in a funny way , she said that her husband wont allow her to fly to Taiwan to perform ... because of the baby . And she scolded her husband quietly for turning volume of the TV too high . Its funny . She is so fun . I love her .

Mom came to fetch me after lesson . And she wanted to bring me to the hospital to visit grandma . She went in today . And well , so many things happened today . Dad , grandma and i ... and so many others . Well , Cyril said that something happened too . I hope he's fine .

Tomorrow i'll be visiting grandma , not today , because its kinda late . Im having class at 9 am almost everyday . Sad . So , i'll have to blog earlier , and sleep earlier . No more games ! Go to sleep .

It was scary when i thought that my Pipa went missing . Well , to think of it , i didnt even felt a thing . I thought , maybe its time to get a new Pipa ! Missing , just like some people after creating such a havoc in school . U know , the sega .

Maybe i'll just play one round . Goodnight !