Friday, June 02, 2006

Indemnification

After getting back in the city , life felt better . Firstly , no more cycling under the hot sun just to travel around ... and secondly , no need to eat overcooked food . But well , sure enough , the outback was fun enough for a year or so . I guess we wont be having fun till the next holiday . So , prepare to get soaked up by the music scores ...

I just woke up , i know its the earliest ever since the holidays . Its now around 7 am . Last night , i wanted to turn on my computer and blog . But , i took a nap while waiting for the computer . And soon ... u know , my eyes went down , and brain went off . So , i fell asleep ...

What happened yesterday ... ?

I woke up , finding my uncle calling me up , and he opened my door , without closing it back . U know , i hate that the most ! I hate people leaving my door open , unless i open it myself . But if not , dun leave it open ! The air-con will run away from the room ...

So , uncle brought lunch . Its one of my favourite , curry rice . After eating , uncle fetched me down to NAFA . As u know , a driver should know his way and a cook should know his ingredients . But for him , he doesnt know his way , and i tell u , after driving for over 10 years , he can still ask the way to the highway . Dumb right ? So , he missed the exit , because i was talking on the phone . And he blamed me , and told me that i should tell him where to exit because he dunno . Come on ! U dunno the way to Bugis ? U urself told me that u would exit by BukitTimah Road . Nevermind ...

There wasnt anybody at NAFA . I went into the room , and i filed up my work , before handing it in to DrKan . I did it only on Wednesday , before the date of submission . I looked at my work , and i thought ... maybe i'll fail again . It'll all depend on how DrKan would accept my work . Before that , i was printing my work at the shop . And i think ... i left my book there !

DrKan recognised my voice , and i told her that i'll drop my work in her pigeon hole .

Finally , its done . So , i went to the computer lab , and i saw HuiQi , QingLun , Andy , Dorothy , Alan and some other people . Then , i saw somebody familiar ... and its ... Tommy ! And well , i went to sit beside Tommy and played with him . After playing and stuff ... Andy came to learn that song that i always play . So , i taught him the song . Trust me , its not hard ... just complicating because i dun have the scores printed .

Went for a drink with Jason , Jeremy , HuiQi and Tommy . So , we're all talking and laughing around ... drinking our chocolates , and eating our sandwiches . Life is good then .

SiHan , Samuel and Mark took flight from the lounge , and went to watch some movie . Well , i dun wanna watch ... mainly because im not in the mood , and i dun wanna waste the money yet . And secondly , because i dun wanna watch an action movie . So , nevermind ... they went , and i stayed in school ... and listened to Jeremy sing . He played the Guitar and he sang a few songs ... Very fun time in the studio , while Andy practiced my piece ... Jason stayed around and listened to both . Well , good time pass quickly .

Mom came to fetch me . And so , i brought them to the Gamelan room , to check for my scores . Well , it wasnt there . YouGuo will bring it today and meet me up during the evening to pass me the scores . Thanks YouGuo . But ive another score missing ... its the book . And we searched high and low ... then maybe its left at the shop . For sure , im quite certain .

At Chinatown , we met Nana ... and we went over to Pearls Centre . Nana told us that there's a very cheap CD shop there . Well , sure ... its in a mess . The shop is small , and the CDs are almost everywhere . So , for the first time , i felt kinda surprise that Mom told me to buy CDs . So , i bought one . But to her surprise , its a Chinese one ! Its the best hits of LeeHom from 1995 to 2002 . Well , as u guys know ... i dun listen to Chinese pop songs . But for him , i felt kinda different . He speaks good English , though with some of those very fake accent . But im sure , its their accent ... just like those people from HongKong . So , anyway ... his songs brought me up in my childhood . I heard his songs over and over again over the radio , and i sang with it when i was younger . His melodies lingered in my ears for over 8 years . And now , im buying it .

So , i bought it . Its good . There are duets with other singers ... even LaraFabian . So , remember something about him ? A few years ago , or not so long ago , i watched the TV , and i saw LeeHom , humiliated at the GoldenMelodyAwards . Well , its one of the most memorable moments of the night , when the announcement for the best male singer award was read by KarenMok . Speaking in Mandarin , with her HongKong accent , her pronunciation for the first 2 characters of StanleyHuang's name sounded indistinguishable from the first 2 characters of Leehom's name , creating a painfully awkward scene in which both singers stood and began congratulating each other and thanking everyone around them . Worst of all , LeeHom even leaned in close to the TV camera , winking and saluting and then rushed onto the stage , where he was later told that it was , in fact , StanleyHuang , walking a few steps behind him , who was the actual recipient . Visibly embarrassed , he skipped off stage , but recieved a conciliation hug from a model , LinChiLing .

Embarrassment . Yes , ive dealt with it before . And even things similar of that ... Well , good and bad memories ... To still think of it , they make me blush .