Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dun Say

Im not sure whether im really sinking like the Titanic, or really that everything is rising above me. Either one, its still the same... im going down in some way or another. Ive come to a conclusion, i'll never make it as a Pipa player, because ive just too much to change. I started late, as Samuel said, and ive just some problems which are pulling me down, like YanYu said. Well, cheer on for people out there, and sad for myself to admit, im just playing my Pipa like an ordinary wannabe. Because of this issue, i believe that i'll suffer the cons and hopefully through sympathy, i'll enjoy the pros.

I finished a tin of cashew nuts yesterday. And now, im grabbing something else to munch on. Its this peanut cookie... and well, its the CNY snacks, and it seems to me that nobody touched it. I stole a few bites before CNY, and now its still there, with the top layer not even gone. So, i brought it to my room... and im chewing away while blogging... A cookie for every 2 lines. By the end of this entry, i'll be like SiHan.

Makes sense?

Well, i just wore this really funny shirt, i think im going to wear it out tomorrow. Im going to enjoy this one...

Anyway, i woke up early today. For the first time in many entries, its so rare that i'll say that i woke up early. Usually, its always late, late or later. So, i took bus 76 to Katong. It took me an hour plus, and its just nice! I got there in time, and i rang the doorbell.

Thunder barked, then the gates opened. Thunder is Veltrice's dog. Its a police dog, its huge. Well, theres improvement, and i think she'll need to slow things down. Accuracy first, rather than speed, which his father mentioned to me. Well, true enough, playing music is indeed like everyday's life, with its everyday's theory. MrTan is an engineer, and he taught Veltrice things like how he would with his own job. Thats cool... I gave her a notepad, for me to jot down instructions for her to follow. I taught her how to tune the Pipa, how to count and got to memorise a key today. Her homework would be to find another key for the next lesson. There wouldnt be lesson next week, because im having my exams, and she's having something on too.

Walked out, and took bus 10 towards NUS. I thought that bus 10 would take me hours, but it took me only an hour to get to NUS. In fact, i overslept again! I was at the upper deck, and the driver had to come all the way up to wake me up. He looked so fierce... and he complained and asked me to get down because he has to get off work. I tried my best, and i walked out of the bus and along to the pavement. It was embarrassing, but good enough, the interchange at KentRidge was small. In fact, tiny. There wasnt anybody laughing at me, only some other drivers asking that driver about me. I quickly hopped to a corner. My leg was numb, and there wasnt any support. I stood there, pretending to call somebody, and waiting for the numbness to fade away.

JiaJin told me to take the yellow bus, and i followed his instructions. I got to RafflesHall shortly, and i was like 2 hours early for rehearsal. Actually, only an hour. But well, the rehearsal started really late. Everybody was dragging here and there... and it started at around 3pm. Nevermind, i practiced my Pipa and changed my index nail with my middle finger's. Its kinda strange, but trying to get the hang of it.

Kenny didnt buy me food, and i was starving like a cow. Wait, cows dun starve, they have 4 stomaches! I was famished... We went through the pieces, almost all of it, except the Pipa concerto, and i had to leave. It was fun rehearsing with them, because there isnt a need to stop so often to pause here and there to practice. I love it this way, because as for my standard, im not boasting, i can sightread and practice some hard parts myself. There is no need for me to go through other parts slowly one by one during those normal combine rehearsals. I think today was just nice. I went there, and every musician was there, playing their parts without few mistakes. I loved it... and the atmosphere was there already for me to build on. Some running notes were still stuck... because its too fast to read them. As for others, the jumps are ridiculous. I changed some of the Pipa score, and the Pipa girl was so friendly, she kept smiling. I had fun with u guys, see u on the full rehearsal this coming Saturday.

I'll be so stressed, after performing with NUSCO, ive to rush over for another performance at NAFA. Moreover, i'll be so physically down already... Nevermind that, i headed off first... and found no taxi in sight. I had to walk all the way to YST then UCC, then to the main road. I flagged for so long, then there was 2 that wanted to fetch me. I chose the one that was heading the right direction... and i walked over.

Well, got to school... then Aaron messaged me. Well, i got there in time, and went through the piece with them. Its slightly better this time, but physically its demanding for me. I was beaten flat... and my arms were stiff like logs. I think its the method of playing that is wrong. No need to think actually, im right. I know what is right, and what is wrong, but i just cant get it right for myself. Well, thats why i only can rely myself with teaching. I think i can teach better than i play... Ive to prove myself first. So, i hope Veltrice will listen and do me proud.

After going through the piece, i headed back to level 6 and put the Pipa in the studio. I went to the computer lab to release my stress... and started looking at blogs... surfing on YouTube... and wasting my time, waiting for someone to have dinner with me. I havent had a single meal.

Well, i walked to the bus-stop and took a bus home. I ate downstairs before heading up... and now im so bored, im going to log off. Theres nothing to say, nothing to be said, and nothing that should be said.