Friday, March 09, 2007

Malapropism

I warned others about donkey today. I feel good.

I woke up late, and thanks to SiHan's morning call, which was only half an hour before the exam starts! I had to rush downstairs, without bathing and even changing, just brushing my teeth and washing my face, and im lucky to board onto a cab quickly. Anyway, who would take cab at that time? Its super expensive! When i got to school, i had to pay $16, originally only $11. Thanks to the government for the extra charge for peak periods and stuff. I remembered back then, theres no such thing as ERP. Well, now with that money eating machine, its no wonder the fireworks can last for 5 minutes.

LianWei got there first even though he boarded the cab later than me. Well, we're both late, and we both headed to the computer lab to finish up with our aural work. EricWatson was very kind, he allowed us to take the paper at the later slot. Im so thankful! So, we went on with the composition, if u get what i mean, and even May sat down with us and started composing.

I heard from YinXuan that the rhythmic dictation was easy. When i got my paper, it looked easy for sure. The melodic dictation was played, and while he walked around to check on the aural book, i noticed some people cheating! My goodness! Those China people are really daring. So intrepid, they just stuck out their head and just copied, and could even ask for the answers! LeeTung saw, and we exchanged a wierd face. I even hinted for LianWei to take a look. Well, total ownage man. She's good. Im not going to say who.

During the exam, i was terribly disturbed by the rhythmic dictation. I felt that its impossible for me to catch it, though its the easier. Its all quavers and crotchets, but i just cant get it. The first time he played it, i didnt catch a single ball! Im so going to fail. As for the harmonic dictation, i found it rather simple. Im stupid enough to put an Italian chord, when the answer was just straight in my face that its just a simple minor chord. I didnt know why, i thought so long for an answer... and tried my luck, even though im sure im wrong, that it might be the Italian chord. Im so screwed... Back then, im always around 80 to 90 for my aural, and recently, i checked my scores for the previous test, i got 56. How nice?

The huge gap made me worry much, but theres nothing much to trouble myself with now other than the upcoming concerts as well as the practical exam. Im worried... and shedding tears, thinking about what to do and when to do it. Ive things not done yet, its my history assignments as well as concert attendance portfolio. Ive a feeling that i might need to submit my history assessments as re-assessment. Im so dead.

Didnt eat. I headed home straight. Last night, i was on the phone with SiHan till i finished my aural work, ate supper and slept. LianWei conferenced with us for a few minutes before hanging up. Well, he was bored, and he kept hinting for me to go his house to accompany him. He even said, he's lonely. What the hell! He's joking, but recently... i think SiHan is getting more and more influenced by...

Schubert.

He kept tempting me with food over the phone. Well, i was really so hungry that i had to get a bite downstairs. So, even though i started later than SiHan by 40 pages, i finished the work faster than him! Because, he was busy eating and play games. I didnt skip much, and i tried my best to fill in every page, only leaving out at least 1 question or 2. Sometimes, i even left out 2 entire pages, because its just too hard to copy. I mean, do.

I got home, bathed, changed and used the computer. I took a cab down to school again for the dance rehearsal. I took my Pipa, changed my tape with courtesy of ShuMin, who lent me her tape. Im going to get more tape... In the morning, MrYeo met me and told me about my student, Veltrice. He said that she's playing the Pipa with this wierd and wrong technique. Im sure i thought her the right thing, and during practice, she did it well. However, i think she's still constantly seeking for speed more than accuracy. I think i need to talk to her about such things.

I got to the theatre, and saw them running through their dances. Its kinda interesting, with a wide genre, from ballet to modern Chinese contemporary... and even to Indian dance. I sat in the dark, with my Pipa tuned, and ready myself for the rehearsal. I kept my ring somewhere, and i think i lost it, because i couldnt find it just now. Im kinda disappointed actually... very sad that my ring is gone! Its expensive and its gone like that. Who could possibly have stolen it? I curse that theif that his hand will decompose and rot, till maggots feed on his flesh and flies lay their eggs in that decaying hand. Let that hand fester with pus, scars and infected by flesh-eating bacteria! Let that person die in horror, let his hand cause him to be handicapped, and moreover... let him have no more fingers to wear my ring. Even if he would to have passed it to someone else, his hand will still suffer the curse of my ring, and let whoeva touches it die in horror!

By the way, as i was saying, when its my turn, i headed backstage and the crew gave me a pickup microphone. He taped it to the side of my Pipa, and passed me this heavy thingi which looked like a walkietalkie, and he inserted it into my pocket. Its kinda too loud at first, so loud that with a slight touch, the microphone would magnify and amplify any little sound. Even when i fart, the whole theatre wont smell of it, but it'll sound like thunder.

I played the piece once the light started. Its kinda exciting actually, and with the microphone, i didnt need to stress my sound so much. Im happy enough... Well, ran through the whole piece, and i think i found myself more satisfied with the entire performance this time round. The music and the dancing matches more than before. Im sure the results are clear, but still... i think theres room for improvement on my part.

After rehearsing, i went off to have lunch with Rit, Moses, Michelle and MinHui. We headed to Bugis for lunch, and MinHui wanted to eat at Delifrance, but all of us didnt want to. Next time we'll eat there again, so cheer up! We ate next door, at Yoshinoya. I seldome eat there, and i think the food aint that bad, but still kinda expensive for little servings. The fries was like... merely 4 pieces. I was like... amazed that theres so many! So many!

We sat, and waited for Moses to order. He came, and told me that he doesnt wanna take the vegetable, and he passed me all his vegetable, including onions from his beef rice. Well, thats kinda strange, and its same as QiaoFang! She dun eat vegetables too. I asked if its a habit, and he said that it is. Moreover, he mentioned that he's allergic to sesame seeds. Imagine that! What about burgers? Moses is a very nice person, very open with his life and also with the things he says. I enjoyed talking and listening to him. We sat there, while Rit headed back to school first, and we chatted about his life in Russia. By the way, he'll be entering into the year 2s next academic year. It'll be exciting and more challenging for everybody. He's so pro, and yet he's coming into year 2. Spoil market right? Im joking. Well, we talked about Benedict too. Its good to know that he's changing, because if hes not, then i really pity him.

We talked alot, including things like how he got into MDC and stuff. So, its time for MinHui and Michelle to head back to school for their theory class, as for me, to practice my Pipa for another rehearsal at night. Moses headed off to the MRT station.

While walking back, MinHui was complaining about their theory teacher. Well, bitchy i guess. I mean the teacher. There are such teachers around, and im sure that some MOE teachers will become like that one day. I practiced my Pipa, and Michelle took her Pipa and practiced with me. I taught her some things about the concerto which i played for the competition last year. Well, its kinda fun.

After getting tired, i headed down to the recital hall to listen to the year 1 presentations. Well, i got to watch only Laurel and Terence's group. Laurel's group presentation was good and very interesting. They did it like a radio broadcast. There was Sebestian, Rekkha, Anthea, Richard, Jonathan and of course Laurel himself. I loved their sense of humour, as for the other group, its a video presentation like what ZhengYi did last year. I think its not as good as ZhengYi's, but it has its own interesting features. ShuMin was acting as Bach! My goodness, i broke into tears when i saw her footage.

After the whole presentation, i headed down to the theatre for another run through, but this time i brought ShuMin there. I guess she must have felt disgusted with my performance. Anyway, we did the same thing as before, but this time with our costumes. Im going to wear CSCO's coat, because the white Chinese costume is just too disgusting. Moreover, its not a full colour... because i dun have white bottoms. I mean, pants.

The rehearsal ended, and i headed to the Percussion studio to look for Sebestian and Richard. They were practicing and playing. Before that, i was so bored that i chatted with Jeremy in the toilet. I rolled my chair into the toilet, and sat there... chatting with Jereny, who was shitting! Well, the smell was too much for me to take... therefore, i left for the Percussion studio.

I entered, and i played some chords and showed Sebestian on how to improvise chords. Im not very good at it, but theres a way or 2 for me to figure chords out slowly. And for progressions and modulations, i thought him a few tricks on resolving to the tonic chord. Theres so much to explore on, other than to stick with the normal dominant's perfect cadence.

We played, and after that, we left for soya. Chatted about some animal, and i had dinner there. Soon, we were walking towards Bugis, to Richard's bus-stop, while trying to resolve this topic that Sebestian and Richard are arguing over with. Its about Percussion stuff, and i dun understand much, but i can try to apprehend whats going on.

In the bus, i told Sebestian some things. I adviced him on other things. Sometimes, i preach so much that i dun practice them at all, but its to inspire others as well as to enlighten them with their shadow of doubts. I gave him my advices and my own thinking about music as well as about healthy competition. Well, i hope that he'll think wider. Ur welcome, Sebestian. But remember, sometimes, u have to keep certain things to urself, for a reason as not to be hypocritical, but to be honest with oneself and not blunt.

Im home now. In the bus just now, an Indian lady sat beside me. She has a shoulder of a grown man, fist of a muscular guy, face like a hunk and ordour like just any other. And its obvious that she's a tranny! I was so shocked...

The unintentional humorous misuse of words is a skill which i have. Its also known as malapropism. Bad or not, its for u to figure. But till now, its kinda obvious that its bad at times.