Thursday, March 01, 2007

A Profligate Person

Im home! Kinda early today. Mom fetched me home, and im so free that i wanna watch some movies or play some games! Ive now left with nothing much other than the concert reviews and one more masterclass review, and my opera review. Then, ive to do my aural, and finish up with my practical exam. But well, i think i did quite badly for harmony, as in the portfolio. I think im going to fail!

I was late, and i went to the wrong hotel. Somehow, i got the impression that its at PanPacificHotel. Mom fetched me there, then i took a cab down to RafflesHotel. I got a feeling that it might be wrong, so i walked over to SwissHotel. I called YanChong quite a number of times, then i manage to confirm that its at RafflesHotel. I was walking about under the rain...

When i was there, Emmanuel looked quite pissed. We went through one piece, and we headed off. Its kinda stupid, we should run through later since it starts at 1pm. Thanks to Rit, he told me that it'll end at noon. So, i planned to rush over to school to finish up with my work, and just stay there. Instead, i had to go over to school and rush my work and still have to rush back to the hotel to meet them. In the end, they were late too when i rushed back to the hotel. What the fuck?

Firstly, Rit went back himself. How nice. Come on, dun be stupid, i have harmony too right? And i told u yesterday, if u wanna go back urself... its alright, but he just went back by himself. I dunno whether he knows or not, but i just felt kinda pissed. And its not the first time, ive heard many similar stories. So, i walked back under the rain and got to school. Yohanna was in class, and i did one more piece of work. I know that shes disappointed in me, but well... i dunno what to do, ive little time, or ive wasted my time somewhere else. I arranged my worksheets, and i was running out of time. I had no time at all to do the content page, and i passed everything to QingLun. Thanks to him for helping me bind and submit.

I rushed off with Rit, and we took a cab, he paid. I was kinda pissed with the timing, and so... i was somehow ignoring. I think Rit, also known as KaiXiang, has a very bad character. He is irresponsible and selfish. He comes late for practices, and to an extent where even MrYeo cannot take it. Its really bad. Next, he'll shelter himself with the umbrella... till ive to snatch it from him to shelter myself more. Not just that, he kept asking me to play, and its no wonder... because his class starts at 9, and he'll have time for the performance, while mine is during the performance time. Well... theres more...

Anyway, the performance alright, and Emmanuel passed me his blazer. It was just nice, and he told me not to complain. Funny... We went on stage, and after performing, there was this guy who dressed up as a postman. Its a Singpost function u see. Rit was telling me to look because the guy is very handsome. I was like...

We improvised, and my melodies were all screwed up. I cant focus when its my turn, but wheneva its not, its fine. After recieving the pay from Emmanuel in a form of a red packet, i headed back to school with Rit. Thats when i snatched over the umbrella. Then he complained that i didnt shelter him. Well, i did! But he walked too fast. Come on, im handicapped!

Didnt see QingLun, or else i would wanna thank him... and get back my change! I gave him $4 to bind that crap, i think it should be cheaper than that! I just uploaded some photos which we took during the concert the day before. Its very stupid! We made stupid poses and took it down. There was me pretending to recieve applause from the audience after my concerto, and MrYeo being the conductor held my hand to bow to the audience. Its so fake, but looked so real! Its very fun and stupid. QingLun too, being a conductor, conducting for many pieces and next, Dedric being a Pipa player as well as an ErHu player. MinHui was the concertmistress. Its so dumb! I loved it.

Anyway, in school, there was nothing to do. I went to eat with Christoven, Mark and SiHan. After eating, we rushed back to school. I was in the recital hall already, but DrKan wasnt there yet, so i went downstairs to look for Jamaludin to check on the rehearsal timing. Who knows? I met DrKan at level 4, and she asked if im going upstairs for the lecture. Of course! She sounded harsh, then she told me that my attendance is poor. Her tone was very different, which sounded really scary because its not her usual self. She hasnt been in a good mood recently. I noticed that a few days ago when i saw her in the lift, talking to somebody else. She sounded terribly rude, as compared to her normal self.

The lecture started off with YuJing and LiuSha giving a presentation on... who? Anyway, i was having such a hard time trying to listen to what they were saying. They are from China, though they can speak English, it still sounds kinda wrong for me. I couldnt catch many sentences, hence... i fell into a trance and went into dreamland. I was sleeping like a log, my head was moving about. Christoven was telling me that i was moving about... and i almost leaned onto him. Right?

I was really tired. PekChuan and ShiXuan's presentation was slightly better, but... i still cannot take it. Lastly, the best presentation was by FeiYang! He was the black horse. Nobody expected something that good from him. I dunno, i was sleeping. But according to the cheering and the good remarks by DrKan, i think it was good. He played examples, and he did the presentation all by himself. He spoke well and fluently, and his materials were kinda good. He presented on French chamber music in the 20th century. Im impressed.

I practiced the Pipa, and headed off to the dance department. Jamaludin told me that we'll start later, and so... i sat in the big studio of their's and watch them run through their programmes from this coming concert next week. I'll be playing ShiMianMaiFu for 3 days! My goodness! How shagged can i be? They were marvelous, their dance steps were complicating... and how do they remember them? They have no scores. I saw the girls dance with their legs stretched out so widely. Similarly for the guys! They were panting away... sweating away... but still dancing with energy and spirit. I was impressed. The studio was huge, and it smelled like a farm though.

Next up, my item with the guys. The dance for ShiMianMaiFu consists of all the guys, and the movements were harsh and tough. Kinda easier for me i guess. I didnt play, they ran through the dance with the original music from the CD. Well, its so different from what i heard back then. Moreover, its a different version and my scores are different... So well, there are some parts which i'll have to look more than they have to listen. Its tough... I'll be rehearsing with them tomorrow night. Great...

I headed back to school, and i took out my Pipa and started practicing. Im still getting tired at the same old parts. I think its the mental strength that needs improvement. Well, after realising some parts, i can now play with ease. But, still... technical issues will always haunt me like a ghost.

Was rolling about with my Pipa, playing a fool. Had fun, and i wanna have more fun! Ive been so stressed recently... now its time to relax seriously. Though theres more to come, tonight will be a day to relax and play. Tomorrow, i'll borrow Fhairil's IC and go Esplanade to borrow some opera scores as well as the DVD to complete my review. Im such a diligent boy.

I know! The deadline was on Monday! Im recklessly wasteful of my time...