Saturday, March 18, 2006

Identity Crisis

Did nothing much on such a lovely weekend . Its Saturday , and i should be out . SiHan asked me whether i was going to school , today , and ... well , i hope i could .

WeiFeng entertained me by sending my links of cool videos . And sure enough , he is another bored person ... other than me . Well , saw this few yesterday . This special clips are ... indeed impressive and amusing . Firstly , these this very cool clip of this Cello piece ... composed by the performer himself . It consists of 37 parts , and all played by or on the Cello , inclusive of Percussion parts . Cool ? I pasted the link on the tagboard , if u happen to see it , go check it out . Another clip would be the Guitar clip ... on 'Canon in D' . And this guy managed to make it ... kinda happening . I saw this version before many times , but this different guy played it perfectly . The recording sounded better ... and surely better than the one that Audrey sent me . Last night , i was sending Jovan the clips for MsSwan , since he requested . Its really funny , isnt it ? MsSwan is cool , and totally hot . She's the only one that could make me laugh really loud , till i tear , everytime no matter how , no matter when . I like her accent ... and her silly lines ...

Enough of MsSwan . Just had dinner downstairs with grandma . Before that , i wasnt doing anything special ... just some boring games . Heard from Audrey that i passed my harmony , with a score of 59 . Surprising ... ? Not really sure ... but i think maybe im lucky this time . I think i couldve gotten more ... But , due to careless mistakes ... well ... Audrey didnt do quite well , but nevermind , there's still another paper and the portfolio to pull the marks up ! So , cheers .

Read Samuel's blog , and seems that ... he passed his analysis . And to think of it ... if so many people , who didnt study a bit for it , managed to pass ... I think it shouldnt be much of a problem for me to pass too . Hope i can get myself a pass , thats all i wish for .

Created this interactive Johari window . What does it do ? Its for me to know how others think of me . Well , of course ... they only state the good things ... many of the bad things arent stated there , or else im pretty sure others would mean otherwise . According to the board , most of those who did the test , says that im friendly . And of course there are many more and stuff ... The link is on the tagboard , go do ... if u have to time , or if ur willing to .

Listening to some of my old CDs now ... and the oldies are still the best , they just wont die out . Very soon , i believe those songs from my generation , like SpiceGirls and stuff ... and gonna fall under the oldies ... Its just sooner or later ...

Im so freaking bored . Gonna watch this Violin clip ... that WeiFeng just sent me , after blogging . Meanwhile , maybe i shall talk abit about ... identity ...

Identity is the distinct personality of an individual regarded as a persisting entity . And its the individual characteristics which makes an identity different from each other . In reality , its hard to forge an identity , but in the internet ... there are no boundaries . Everyone likes to fake somebody or so , to either gain advantages or access to restricted areas . But sure enough , the IP address or the identity that ur server has , cannot be forged . So , there is surely no running away ... if law comes into action . So , whats the point of faking an identity ? Unless , ur faking it to do something wicked ... And if thats the case , let me tell u ... its against the law .

Woke up late , and the later i wake up ... the air-con will have to suffer for a bit longer . So , the percussive sound came ... its water dripping from the air-con , falling against my pillow . Got hungry , and managed to warm myself up ... So , cooked for myself today .

The datelines for the submission of portfolios are already out . And the first one would be history ... And so , i think ... many would be struggling now . And some , would struggle alone . If u happen to be the one , u suck . Im joking ... But , why not share it ? Dun have to wait till somebody ask u for help , right ? Though there isnt much to share about , but surely ... somebody can help somebody else .

The Violin clip was madness . Played by MaxinVengerov , im not really sure who he is , maybe SiHan does ... but sure , hes good .

CSCO is going out for a cycling trip at PulauUbin tomorrow morning . And sadly , or fortunately , i cannot go , because of my ankle . I still owe some people money ... and now with my new card , fear not , i can return it all at once ! But , who did i owe ... ? Hope that tomorrow will rain ! Im joking ... Anyway , i dun think many are going tomorrow . I guess its the same old group of people ... ?

Just watched a clip , of a Japanese pop song , but featuring Japanese traditional instruments ! Its really cool ... and i think i love traditional stuff more than anything . Thats why , i chose the Chinese instruments ... instead of Western . How many times have i said this ? But , its seriously really cool . I think the next instrument i'll learn is ... the Biwa or ... some other Pipa family instruments . Out of all , Pipa is still the most advanced one . And i dun mean like electrical music , but its seriously super advance now . Look at the scales , and it has been rising since the birth of the revolution in Chinese music . That birth , created genius and ideas ... and sure enough , Chinese music ... has gotten somewhere alot further .

Anyway , one thing which made me laugh was ... a clip from WeiFeng , on YouTube , featuring this dumb conductor , and im not allowed to say who he is . But the clip is there still ... and im not saying hes dumb , but thats what the title says .

YouTube is so interesting .

Sorry , but ive to add this few paragraphs . How can i forget to blog about yesterday's supper . Well , this was what happened ...

I bought my food , and sat at the void deck . I ate my food ... then suddenly , i saw this bunch of Chinese gangsters . But , not surprisingly , they're mostly around my age . Why so ? Because of the ... dunno what ... But anyway , they walked pass ... then i kept staring ... And u know what happened right ? Yes . One of them came walking towards me ... and he asked for a lighter . So , i told him i dun have any . I wasnt shivering ... but i was worried , because ive an injured ankle , and my phone was on the table . So , he then asked ... if he can have a seat . So , sure , anyway its empty ...

All of them , then came smiling ... and taking a seat each , till its all filled . I felt really weird , eating infront of these bunch of strangers . There were 5 of them ... and 2 were , twins , and the other 2 were brothers , leaving one out . So , they started asking why i was sitting there , eating alone and stuff . So , i told them that i didnt wanna disturb my family ... The conversation went on well , and one of them started to smoke . I couldnt take the smoke , but it doesnt matter much , anyway ive smoked lots of it , since my Mom is a smoker . Finally , one question came ... and they asked ... whether i work , and so my reply was ... no , im studying and while also teaching . They were surprised , and they ask if i teach any schools ... and i told them a few , then they were even more surprised . So , i told them , i teach music .

Things changed , they started to talk about music . Then i noticed , these youngsters arent gangsters . They are just misunderstood kids ... They are really a fun lot , i started to talk to them , though not really familiar with their names and stuff . They come from a liondance troupe , and they know drumming and stuff ... So , they started to talk about it . And sure , its still part of Chinese culture , so there's surely something relevant to talk about . When i left , i felt awkward ... they told me walk slowly , because i was limping . And they even said , thank you . How sweet was that ?

So , dun judge a book by its covers , thats really how it really all came to me . An idiom which doesnt really quite display its meanings within a short period , could all come all at once at that very moment . So , similar to tonight's title ... these people , are having an identity crisis , so am i .

Am i a friend , or foe now ?