Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Literally Lame

Now , yesterday's title may make some sense . Are things coincidental ? Or ... maybe not ...

This post is special today because , it has no other similar event like today . Well , nothing much happened . Sorry for this late post , but ive no choice , the internet at home is down . What happened ? Im not really sure . When i was back , the telephone isnt even working , so i figured that its a problem of the line itself . So , i called SingTel and they told me that they'll check on it , and call me back ... but who knows ? So many hours passed already ... and they've yet to call me . Rubbish so-called good service ... Serve ur customers better next time .

Went to school by MRT then bus today , because i woke up late . Met Williana on the bus , then she asked if ive gotten a haircut . Well , yes i did if nobody noticed .

There wasnt anytime to run about , had to rush for choir . So , i took my scores and went down to the theatre straight away . Who knows , the theatre was the scene of the big event . Nothing happened just yet , it was till choir practice was over . Anyway , then Edric told me that he read my blog . Jovan gave him my address and he told me that i commented about his horrible singing . Then he started poking me , again . Well , Edric's singing isnt that bad actually , only when im around . Joking ... but , today i think ... he sang quite ... well ... Im such a liar , and liars shall be punished . And so , i did recieve my punishment . The year ones and twos had to stay over , and sing the other pieces that we're to perform on that day . So , after singing ... i walked down the stairs , u know ... the one leading the theatre stage to the audience , and ... i accidentally got lost of my foothold , and thus ... i fell . Not just a normal fall ... before i actually did , i knew im so dead . So , i fell once , then i tried to get another hold of myself , thats when i fell the second time , then ... finally , for the grand finale , i fell the third time ... on my knees ! Well , call it retribution if u must . Many people , and i mean many , saw that great event down there at the theatre , and they were ... having such a good time laughing about it , same goes to me , i was laughing too . Well , kinda trying to stay optimistic ... because i know that the problem only comes when ive to visit the doctor , or the ... Chinese physician .

I had Chinese ensemble , and felt so bad ... and sorry for Dedric . I troubled him to help me carry a Pipa down to the recital hall , because ... my right foot hurt so bad , i dun think i could walk at that time . MrYeo was telling me that ... its just a normal case . Its not normal at all ! Who would fall and sprain their ankles for no apparent reasons ? Anyway this isnt my first time , i had another ... back then when i was in primary school . That one , was a joke . I was riding my bicycle ... and i fell , against my right foot , and then i stood up ... I felt the sharp pain at my ankle , but didnt know that its ... damaged , i rode my bicycle back home . Not only till night , then i saw my right foot swell like some elephant's foot . So , Dad brought me to the physician . I was at Dad's place at that time ... think its a weekend . Anyway , so the physician held my foot , and started to twist abit . I cant remember much of that ... moment , guess maybe its not that pain thats why . So , my foot was wrapped like some kinda ... dumpling . Sorry , have to relate to food abit , because im very hungry now ... looking for Chester to help buy food for me , but cant reach him ... Sidetrack , anyway ... after the ensemble , i went to level 6 to put down my bag . Then Audrey and gang was there , and nice of them to ask about my foot . And so , another big joke , and this time , im literally ... lame .

Those who helped me are my Chinese instrumental mates . Viki called her physician , and arranged an appointment for me in the afternoon . XiangPeng lent my money , because i didnt bring enough for today . Dedric helped me carry my bag and stuff ... Thanks to them , so much . So , they brought me down , and they went to withdraw some money . Then , they helped me wave for a cab , but there wasnt any . So , i walked to the back of the alley , to the other stretch of road , which has more available cabs , alone . Well , of course i wouldnt expect them to help me there ... ive caused enough trouble , and they sure have their own things to do . Thanks to them again anyway .

The cab driver was , quiet and cold . When i alighted the cab , the clinic stood right infront of me . I couldnt bear to read those words ... which says ... 'acupuncture' ... Well , wouldnt call this physician a doctor , but still ... i think i'll address her as DrMak . She was a Pipa and Zheng player back then , and her interest lies in music and Chinese medicine . Back then , she wasnt lucky enough ... because there was no chance for them to develop in performing arts . So , she had to study Chinese medicine , but even so , its not till only today that Chinese medicine is recognised , and she'd already worked for many years . Well , at first ... i asked for DrMak and this lady , rather old , told me to sit down and wait . I didnt know , she was ... DrMak herself . Anyway , the place was humid and warm , because the air-con wasnt working . So , i sat down and removed my shoes . Then , i laid on this bed ... and rest my foot on this platform . I told her what happened , and i told her that i fell 3 times , thus ... i think i heard 3 cracks . Then , she was shocked ... and worried ... Worried that i might have broken a bone inside or something . She started to apply this cooling substance , and i knew it ... the session of torture was about to start . She pressed on my ankle , and asked whether it hurts . She pressed really hard , of course it'll hurt even for a normal foot . Then , she found the point which was injured . Lucky enough , its only one area ... but kinda bad because it isnt localised ... meaning , the twist was bad and so , it also damaged another part of my leg , closer to the shin . And so , she started to rub for me . Then i asked ... whether its normal for me to scream , and she said ... some even cry . So , i started screaming in pain . It was so painful ... i grabbed the sides of the bed , and started to grimace . The pain was grim , and ive no choice ... but to put on a wry face . After rubbing for quite awhile , and of course ... screaming for quite awhile , it was time for something else . Then SiHan called , and he heard me suffer abit . Soon enough , she took out this few needles . Then i asked if she's going to crack my bones and stuff ... then she said , yes . I was like ... in hell for a moment . She massaged my foot , then somehow like dislocating it , then locating it back again . It was ... pain into the bones ! So , she started to console me by telling me that its not as horrible as i thought it would be . Well , it is as horrible as i thought ! The needles were ... piercing , it was thick .

Chester just came home ... and he's buying food for me . How sweet ...

Anyway , back to the horror . It was a sharp pain , and the needles got through , into my flesh , and i tell u ... its not that shallow as it seems . The needles had to go deep in . And to ensure its deep enough , she had to push and pull it in and out , and i'd to tell her thats it deep enough . The needles will hit this muscle inside , and sure enough u can feel it . U can feel the needle inside poking u in the flesh ! And its extremely uncomfortable . Then i told her , im not going to come here anymore , and she laughed ... and she said , i better not . She injected around 3 , then i asked how many more ... and she said , 2 more only . I had to look , i saw how it got in , and it was nightmare . After that ... i thought it'll be over soon . Who knows ... she took out this machine , and it had some wires on it . Well , she gave me some electrical treatment . The wires were attached to the needles , and then ... the electric would force my blood to flow in the damaged area . So , the blood wouldnt clot there and stuff . It felt , painful . She told me to relax and feel the sensation . Right ! The electric would often force my leg to tense together . Meanwhile , she went away to attend to another patient . It was ... horrible , and she told me i'll need to stay on bed for another 20 min . After 5 min of hell , i told her 20 min should be up already . Then she looked at her watch ... and told me , sarcastically , it has only been 5 minutes or less . I was ... about to faint . Meanwhile , i was so bored , with pain , i called several people to complain to . I called SiHan and Fhairil , they were together eating . Then , Evan heard me scream over the phone . I was so freaking bored ... i even called Jonathan , well like a bastard always . I called Tillabong , but he didnt pick up . After that , wanted to call ChaiXia and gang , but ... the physician came in , and she brought my uncle in . He came to bring me home , but instead he was telling me how normal my injuries are . The physician already told me its bad , and he said its normal . Please ... Then both of them started to complain about how noisy i was . Finally , the needles were removed . And blood came out ... like obviously ... So , she applied some medicine and helped me ... wrap it up , but this time ... not like a dumpling . Uncle carried me out ... i wore my shoes ... and then i paid the bill . He went off to bring the car over ... DrMak gave me a week of MC , which i think i would really need ... Anyway , then i smiled ... and she then ... suddenly gave me that look , and she said ... money . I was blurred for a moment ...

Uncle bought me food . And after eating , i had to take the medicine . Usually for the medicine that the doctor prescribe me , i dun usually take them often . But for this one , i'd better follow her prescription . She told me not to take any cold water , seafood and carrots . The medicine was ... bitter and disgusting . Well , i figured that why all Chinese medicine are black . Well , like art ... if u anyhow mix the colours , u'll often get either brown or black ... So , same goes to this Chinese medicine thingi .

Well , bad day . And sure enough , it can get worse . Tomorrow will be hell for me , i guess . The pain came already , tonight ... and it'll come tomorrow . I dun think i would attend lecture in the morning , maybe on Wednesday , i'll go to school in the afternoon . Hope that the pain would go ... Need some morphine now .

Its quite a joke now , and to think that my grandma has to lend me her umbrella as a walking stick . And she has to help me get drinks and stuff . So i made a joke , that now since we're both old people , she has to take care of me . Well , she walks faster than i do now ... and she laughed at me this afternoon . Such ... a funny grandma .

Well , uncle should've came earlier , so he could witness a horror film with comedic elements .

Trust me , this is not yet the lamest i can get !