Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Flu

Im not nobody's child . I still have my mother's kisses , and my father's smiles ... This song , 'Nobody's Child' has been stuck in my head ever since i last sang it in primary 1 . Well , the lyrics are very ... real , and touching to me .

Just came home from visiting Dad ... and he was feeling better , though not any better . He stopped his chemotheraphy because the doctor said that it doesnt change and make any difference . Not really sure whether its true ... or Jane is behind all these again . But anyways , when i was there , he was smiling and talking to me . He is afterall the man who doesnt have his own opinions , but listens to Jane too much ... however , he is still my father . I thought for quite a while , and i was reminded of all those memories ... and those happy days . It was him , who brought me out to play , it was him who came to watch my concerts and it was him who encouraged me . It was always him ... but now ? Nothing else in his eyes , but her .

Woke up around 8 am , which should be our meeting time . Luke was already in school by then , Mark and Shaun came later . I went through the presentation slides , and edited some parts . Mark did the animations , and some other lame icons . I bought the chocolates , and it cost me around $7 ... Shaun came up with pieces for the presentation , some short examples of chain suspensions and stuff . Luke got his girlfriend's laptop for us ... Anyway , our group was first . MrYap is so hard to please , and seriously , im kinda pissed by him today . We are music students , and we're not really gonna present for the rest of our lives . Though i believe maybe we'll have to present maybe once in a few years somehow , by chance , but we are not presentation majors . So , are we gonna get our presentation diploma ? We are from NAFA , not SMU . MrYap's expectation is high , and i know some groups from the other levels can do it . But , look ... im not really interested in this kinda crappy stuff ... i dun like to present . Mark was pissed too ... and we were all bitching around in the photocopy shop . Our presentation was ... dumb . I gave a quiz , and Samuel was the first one to raise his hands ... because he knew that im gonna call him ... so must well raise his own hands . So , the chocolates were given to Samuel , Jwen , YinXuan and XuLian . Another one was given to Noozli , for no reason , and to Mark , for his job well done . I bought another bar of chocolate , and i gave that to Luke and Shaun . XueYuan's presentation was sarcastic ... he asked me a question , and he didnt ask politely ... instead , he was making sarcastic remarks ... well , too bad ... MrYap doesnt like that .

Raymond and Anthea's audition took place this morning . I went upstairs while the other groups were presenting to have a look ... Raymond's Zheng friend also came for audition . Well , then MrYeo called me in the afternoon ... and he told me about the auditions . Hope things go well ...

Ate with Mark at the vegetarian restaurant . I ate vermicelli , and Mark ate rice . He went off first because i was eating too slowly , i told him to anyway . Next , i saw Jwen and Eudora , so i asked them over to accompany me , and they did . After that , i went to lounge to watch some horrible movie with Evan , SiHan , Fhairil , Mark , Jeremy and Fairul . I dun like to watch gruesome movies ...

Then i showed them the stupid Chinese menu thing ... but nobody really laughed like i did . I even showed DrGoh ... and he said , its not funny ... and to make me happy , he said its so funny . Lame ... Anyway , after that ... i went to drink with Jwen and May , Richard and QingLun joined us later . So sorry to QingLun , that day told him no more tickets ... then didnt go watch SYF , and then didnt wait for him . I feel so bad now . Evan , Audrey and Fairul came later , and Andy too ... So , i played the stupid mind game with them , Jwen and Evan knew this already ... I came up with this stupid game , and honestly ... its kinda smart . Its hard to disclose the secret behind it ... They took quite awhile , after playing for so many times ... Fairul and QingLun almost got it . I told them the answer after getting bored ...

Took a nap at lounge . Evan and Fairul went off first ... QingLun , Andy and i slept longer .

Woke up , and went down to with MrYeo to the buffet . MrYeo wasnt hungry , but i was ... so i forced him to accompany me , so i could eat . Tommy was there , and he was asking DrKan whether he is lousy ... and DrKan said that he is just young . DrKan has this winking habit ... which doesnt quite make any sense . Humorous DrKan ...

I ate 2 plates of noodles . MrYeo stood beside me ... and drank some juice ... i was busy helping myself . Got into the theatre , sat with MrYeo , and MrsPhua . Then , she introduced me her son , who played the Pipa when he was in JC . I think MrsPhua is very cute actually ... motherly , and yet professional . How cool isit to have a Mom like that ?

The concert today failed to make me sleep . Good or bad ? Ur choice . The first piece was good . Actually , i thought i'll leave after TingTing's concerto , but i stayed . The Chinese piece was nice , but still not as good as the one ive heard . Not bad for a start for the orchestra to play a Chinese piece like that ... TingTing's Zheng didnt quite sound . The pieces after the interval were ... kinda not as good . Anyway , for the first time ... i saw DrKan running her fingers like some professional .

Went off myself ... and walked around like some kinda fool . Couldnt find any suitable bus ... because i was having flu , i couldnt possibly squeeze with the public . So , i went to buy myself a drink , then took 166 on the other side . Saw SiHan's brother's car ... just went off like that . Saw this macho man , who looked like Jovan . Now , what can i say ... rather disgusting ...

Tired . Tomorrow im gonna meet the group for discussion . We need to touch up on our portfolio for the presentation , though its over . The citation and script needs to be done . Other than that , also we have to find more pieces and examples for Haydn's humorous pieces . Our Mozart concerto has to be done too ... as far as possible . There is so much to be done , and there is just too little time . Look , i have to write essays also .

Im feeling so sick . I hate getting sick ...