Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Eye From The Other Side

Today's NewYear's eve ... i got two performances ... and a reunion lunch . We ate at 3pm because i had to rush off to Conrad Hotel for performance at 6 .

So many things happened ... so many different thoughts .

Woke up early today . I had to perform at YiShun Secondary . I wasnt late , just in time . The whole school was in a craze . Its totally different from ACS . They sang new year songs , ACS dread to even sing . I was in a different surrounding . A dream school ... ? Not really ... but i would say i liked the ' lifestyle ' there . Everybody talked to me , asked if i was nervous and wished me luck . Their performances was not the best , the quality isnt that high , but its genuine sincerity that counts . Their performances were encouraged by wild roars of applause and cheers from the students . So encouraging ... unlike ACS , jeering and silence , or unison clapping . Really irritating to even wanna perform in ACS . YiShun was so much better , maybe thats what i call .. ' neighbourhood ' ? Its a term i made , to describe the antonyms of ACS . It was soon then my turn ... My performance was with this Chinese teacher , he's doing calligrahy . He should be from China , could hear his accent . The audience watched in awe as i played . I wasnt their fellow schoolmate , im just a guest . After performing then i realise something . Its the bond and its the unity they possessed ... I didnt feel a sense of belonging . They encourage their friends , its their fellow schoolmates their cheering for . The performers dun treat this as just a performance , but its more of a dedication . They perform , not for the sake of just performing , they perform from their hearts , its where the sincerity dwells . I was stunned ... it got me ...

Had reunion lunch after the performance . I helped Mom in the kitchen . I helped quite alot ... isnt it ? I helped to wash bowls and stuffs ... the abalone was just beyond my reach ... so u get the idea dun u ? I ate as i helped , so its a quit isnt it ? I ate so much ... totally filling ... totally .

Reached Conrad really early . Supposed to meet Stan at 6 , but he was delayed . We werent really well informed about the timings and the venues ... There was one super bitchy lady , hate her ... nevermind about her . Stan was so pro ,. how pro can a pro be ? Just totally pro . He's really good with improvision . He can play anything and almost everything . I didnt wear my nails . I was so soft compared to that YangQin . We ran all over the hotel ... so tiring . Jaded ... ? Its tiresome with a little bit of fun ? Or interest ... ? Stan was great . He's nice and he's really good . I was so inferior ... I broke a big big vase at Conrad ... they had to make a report ... hope they wont wanna make me pay ... please please ...

I was so dead tired ... i took a quick bath , because i cannot wash my hair after midnight .

Eyebags are so heavy now ... Thanks Stan anyway for today . It was fun and great . See u tomorrow ... i have to solo ! Stress ... ? Not forgetting to mention , we have extra HongBaos ! Mine was quite alot ... had one from YiShun Secondary too !

People's thinking are different from ours , sometimes we cannot expect them to treat us differently , as in their concepts , our status doesnt exist . They do not know about our circle and how things go about . So , dun expect different treatments sometimes . Its nothing , it doesnt exist ...