Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Pianist

Woke up really early today . Performance starts at 12 , had to be there at 11:30am . I thought that it'll start at 11:30 , so i reached at 10:30 ... only to find myself rotting away at the lobby .

Stan and i performed as usual . We first performed at the lobby , then , we split . He performed at Oscar's and i perform at Golden Peony . I hate it there , all the typical singaporean families were there having their Chinese cuisine . Really boring . I played nonsense , i mixed songs up and come up with new songs . I was playing with my brain and i was thinking with my finger . Worse still ... i saw Jonathan there ! He came with his family , he was wearing one blue Chinese costume . Guess he's in ACJC now ... have fun !

I have a break from 1 to 6pm . What a huge gap in between the performance time . I had no choice , Stan went to his friend's office , i took a bus to Orchard . I was hoping that Cyberdome would be open , and maybe i can see someone i know there . It was close ... i went to Merindian then ... Played at VS . Battlenet ... After which , i had lunch at this Thai stall . I ate TomYam Chicken Noodle . Not bad ... not spicy at all , its just that i wore a jacket , thats why i was sweating like a pig .

Time flew quickly . I went back to Conrad after eating . It was still early ... so i had to wait . I sat at the lobby and listened to the sound of the piano . The pianist was a lady . No more ordinary than any of us . She's skinny but yet elegant . She sat gracefully and her fingers were swift and soft upon the keys . Nimble and yet firm with strength of the right amount . She knows how to balance her music , her softness and her heavier chords were all displayed in a different variety of styles . Her music was played with her soul . I could sense her rhythm ... She definitely do have a wide repertoire . I really need to widen mine . People were walking pass , stopping for a moment to enjoy that minute of beauty and then carried on with their work . She carry a smile always , not only lightening the mood of the Hotel , but also bringing that bit of warmness to the tourists . Her music was in different forms . Some were light , some were unforgetable oldies , and some were songs with a little touch of jazz . I considered it all as Lounge Music . It was great . I fell asleep almost instantly , only to find myself awoken by one of the Excutives there . I was really tired ... and there was no reason why i would be tempted into a dream with such beautiful music beside me .

Performance was as usual . People were still giving HongBaos ... though less today . Im too lazy to count my money now ... too many . Just dumped them into a safe box and thats it .

I was really tired . I was supposed to take MRT back with Stan , but i just remembered that there was no money inside . Because now fares are charged at adult price , im broke . I took a bus in the end . It was slow , due a a jam at Esplande . The " ChunDaoHePan " was causing all these problems . Sometimes i just curse the new year . I dun think theres anything to celebrate about . I hate new years . Its ultimately troublesome . Had to clear stuffs , had to wash , had to eat , had to collect money , had to say all kinda idioms and i cant wash my hair ! I fell asleep on the bus till i reached the bus inter-change . I was still sleeping . The bus driver came all the way to my seat to wake me up . Everybody outside was looking into the bus , at me . Embarrassment ... too tired . Its not my first time . There was once , it was worst . I fell asleep and the bus driver didnt know . He drove off and he was heading to the port . The lights were off and the bus was so quiet , then i woke up . He dropped me somewhere ... Sometimes i just wonder , why i'll wake without fail just at the right time . Just , only .

There is no sense of time in dreams , is there ?