Sunday, February 13, 2005

Motherland

Today there wasnt any practice . We had a reunion at CC . It is a tradition in CSCO , meanwhile its a combination with the reception of our previous concert . We had buffet instead of the usual pot-luck . There wasnt much people there , lesser half of the orchestra wasnt present . I had to perform at 5:40pm after the celebration . So we went to Zheng's place , then later to CC again . The cab fares were all covered by CC , so i need not worry about that . They kinda took a longer time than planned . We started to wait in stage at 6pm . They were taking a long time for the games . We had no choice . Today i played DaRuan , wanna have a change . During our own private practice , it was totally horrible , un-listen-able . On stage , we were kinda bored so we made up stupid ideas of how we should waste time . Really funny . YiLeng was not there , XinYu took over . However , guess it was alot better on stage . I played with brains again . Really made my own scores out of the Pipa scores ... Guess the best was " YingChunJieFu " . I liked my rendition of that song ... and the editing i made to the scores ...

Went back to Zheng's after the performance . Blur blur FuKang , he lost WeiMing's red T-shirt . Before heading towards CC , we did watch some DVDs and VCDs . I requested for the " YuHouTingYuan " ... Zheng was like ... " not again !? " I find that piece very nice . It was filled throughout with the Taiwanese flavour . I liked it . His style of composition was something like mine . ChaiXia agreed . I loved that song . Though i think it can still be improved ... the recording was kinda bad . I borrowed the " TanYue " and " YanZi " home . Zheng didnt hesitate . Actually i shouldnt . Before i left , Zheng said something ... i got his idea . I got ur ideas , Zheng . Its what im going to do . And hopefully it'll be right and it'll be successful . Thanks .

CSCO is a starting point . It opened up my CO circle . It opened up my life to a whole new different concepts of different music . It helped me in areas of music and character wise . It gave me my identity . It brought me many experience , both good and sad . I made friends , i made enemies . Its the starting point to all these . Do i regret ? YouGuo's fault ? No . If it wasnt for him , i wouldnt be who i am today . Is that meant to be good ? Im not sure ... Like a race , theres a starting point and an ending point . My starting point was CSCO . My ending point will sure be back to where i start . CSCO is a home , its somewhere i grew up in . Like a child , no matter how far they flew , they'll fly home one day . I'll never leave CSCO . Its not a promise , its an oath .