Saturday, September 17, 2005

Off

The performance just now was great . I loved it and i think the audience enjoyed it as much as i did on stage . The music was different from what i usually hear at CSCO . The musicians are better , and therefore , they have room for ornamentation and some imrpovisation , other than sticking so closely to the score . The score is dead , the musician is alive . So , try to put in some life into ur music . However , some extra cadences or grace notes were really horrible . I think ur spoiling the song ... u dun have to add all these kinda endings ... its really boring and its really spoiling the taste and the mood of the song . Minor songs dun end nicely with major chords sometimes , a picardy third is not really always that helpful .

I played the Pipa , and the Pipa was out of tune most of the time . I think its due to the humidity ... no matter how i tune it , it just will go out of tune . Well , i dun care ... Finally , at the very last moment , i managed to tune my Pipa in the perfect pitches , i was so elated . I was so glad that i got to know the MDC people better , and we at least did commune .

I am very tired . I hate to stop the ringing tone of my cousin's phone when it rings at night , like now . Its irritating , because the song is so long . Imagine , a whole three minute normal pop song , as a ringtone . Just a message tone ... then i will have to walk over to his phone and press it till it stops . He doesnt even hear it ...

I forgot to mention about my incident with Eric Watson . Eric Watson is a senior lecturer in NAFA , and he taught us music technology . We had lesson , like normal , but we went down to another room . It was behind the recital studio . It has all the equipments for recording and even managing and editing recordings . Then something happened , and i feel so retarded . I dunno why , i went to switch off the Tritone machine . He told me too see the blinking light above the switch button when he plays the electric keyboard . I heard as if he wants me to press that button . The nearest button was the power switch ... so i wasnt sure whether he wants me to press that . So i asked him whether its that button , and the blink was so close to the switch button , so he said yes . Then , i switched it off . The whole system went down ... Then he said it in a retarded way , "That is the power switch" .