Sunday, September 18, 2005

Shaggy

Today was the last day at Esplanade . The performance was over , and yes i did play badly , but i tried all i can , thanks to the guy adjusting the mike all the time . Anyway , i miss MDC already . I must say its a very interesting and good experience . Not only im music wise , but i made new friends . It really touched me somehow . Im not going to exaggerate things here , but its really that exaggerating . I think im in love with ...

I went to watch the Ruan Chamber Ensemble's rehearsal . I was shocked . It was somehow not like what ive expected . There was no kick , and there was no cohesion . A cue is very important , it doesnt just need to look good , it has to be accurate . Whats the point of the cue if its just for show ? Its inevitable that people will screw up , its normal . I also screwed up during the performance outside while they flop inside . I think the performance shouldnt be that bad . Since , it is under the guidiance of LiuDeHai , and the lead of somebody . Professional pieces , and demanding highly skilled performing styles and techniques , but amateur standard . Disappointing ... However , ChengWei , well done . I think ChenWei has a special talent . He can compose and he can play , its a plus for both . I didnt have the chance to listen to ur works , ChenWei , but from what ive heard from others , i think it surely is a refined piece . Its quite sad to hear the first or second movements of a complete suite or piece , during a concert . I think if u want to play something , play the complete set . Its more presentable .

U might call me bais , but the truth is there . Though how much Ding may had overdone certain things in their concert , but i hear music through their body language and movements . However , i hear sounds in the ensemble . Maybe its because it has just established , the standard isnt there yet . Lack of cohesion ...

Im now very tired ... especially after the performance . The sound test was the most horrible thing . We played under the hot burning sun . Think my Pipa caught a flu , hot and cold and humid . Die , sure die . I better take care of it ...

MrYeo says that i need to memorise and learn the songs by heart . I was accepting the 'tirade' he gave me on Friday's performing class . I was very upset ... and embarrassed . Honestly , the songs that i play is very hard to memorise . YanYu admitted that even till now she cannot memorise the pieces ... But thats an excuse for me to say ... So , i think i better start to memorise my pieces .

Im open to comments , both my character and my musicality . I know where i stand and i know it well . So , and comments and welcome . Space is available , theres still room for more . Dun worry , i wont take it all seriously to heart . Im joking ... of course i will . Just tell me whateva i need to know from u , dun hide anymore . Shoot it people .

Andy , funny , i think ur stronghold 'gel' isnt really that good after all . I need ur ultimate one ... if u get what i mean .

Anyway , ive added more comments onto this entry , go refresh .