Friday, May 05, 2006

Convocation

Let me pronounce this officially ... im not married yes , but im freed !

Took a packed bus home , from Serangoon . Well , for those who doesnt know what happened there , read on . For those who knows , then good for u . Now im home , safe ... and warm . Really warm , im sweating all over just now , because it was so crowded . I hate such an event , where the crowd will just squeeze together like some army of ants . So , everything was like hermetic . We were all stuck in this imperviable traffic of human flesh . The horrible human smell ... and the denseness of dampness . U imagine , kinda reminds u of ur school sports outing right ? Well , this is the worst .

Mom came home last night , and she called me while i was at SengFu's place , and she tried to trick me ... and she told me that school called her , and told her that ive been missing classes . Well , good thing , i didnt . So , i told her that i didnt , and if they really called , im going to scold them . So , in the end , she told me she was lying . How cute ? Not at all . So , this morning , she woke me up , from my deep slumber . I got home late last night , and i didnt sleep enough . I woke up with a foul mood . U know ... when u dun get enough sleep , u'll get angry ... and u'll tend to be cranky . For me , its like that , and she knows . But , she'll always risk it .

Uncle was downstairs ... i pulled myself up , and washed up . Changed into a better looking clothing , but i left home with my sleeping shorts . Its really , indeed , short . So , Mom was complaining that ive weird fashion sense . Well , i really do not even have a sense for fashion ! I dun do my hair , i cannot be bothered with matching colours and i dun care how i look . So , Mom , do u ? She once brought to get my hair cut from this 'sexy' lady , remember ? And she got her alien haircut from there too , well ... very trendy ! It runs in my genes too ...

I dunno why , but im feeling very uncomfortable now . This unfeeling discomfort is bothering me ...

Kenny just called , and again ... the old same problem . Well , good luck !

So , we ate at this ShangHai restaurant . Good choice . The food was really good ... and some even better than those i ate in ShangHai . I loved the four season beans , they fried it really well , not too salty and not too bland . Some too vapid , and some monotonous , as in taste . The lady was nice , and she was kinda late . The restaurant was kinda empty , only a single worker , who dun really know how to cook . So , she came in later , with her daughter ... and she apologised , and got back to work . It was cheap , for 8 dishes , merely $33 . I think , whoeva is lucky enough , i'll bring them there to try the food one day .

Uncle drove me to school . In the car , we talked about some singers again . Well , he worked with many of them before , when they come over for concerts . So , anyway ... was talking nonsense ... and i listened to CelineDion . U know , sometimes u just have this short frenzy craze for something . And for me , it has always been CDs , but different CDs . Now , its CelineDion's French album . I bought 2 , and the other one was kinda disappointing , maybe her voice wasnt mature enough back then .

Got to school , and everyone was kinda shocked with my appearance . I know , freaky . Went to play the Piano for a few minutes , then Evan came in . She brought me down to the lounge ... and she promised to help Samuel with his work . Evil ! Pure evil ! I asked her before , and she gave me a definite no , and now ... she is willing to help Samuel do all his graphs . What the hell right ? Not that im jealous of Samuel or anything , but ... Evan , this aint right ! Ur a bad friend . Fullstop .

Anyway , i did my bagatelle at the lounge . But again , distractions came , and i started playing the Piano , while singing . We found this score on the Piano ... so ... u know ... I couldnt take it anymore , i went to the computer lab . I got a computer , and it was Leo's , but he didnt come back . I completed most of my work , and i managed to print my concert review , thanks to SiHan's card . Anyway , he was rushing off to meet his father , because they are going for the rally at Serangoon . At first , he said YioChuKang , so i thought i could follow along , because its near my place . So , i promised him .

Got distracted with games , and other silly jokes . They were all playing games ... everybody in the computer lab . Evan was trying out her new found skills ... and too bad , she lost ... many times . Such a bore , because it was ... not challenging . Evan is so mean , thats why i treat her so mean . Im evil . YongRui was missing ... didnt quite see him . Anyway , saw Fhairil , and i passed him the scores . For the group works , seriously , i think i did the least . YongRui did the most ... ? Because he was so concerned for the group ! So concerned ! I repeat , so concerned ! I shall stop here .

With SiHan's rushes and pushes , i managed to do nothing for my string quartet . Its too hard to analyse ... and so , i left it empty . Got everything printed and filed up ... and headed down to drop it in DrKan's pigeon hole . Called DrKan on the phone , and she said its fine ... well , thanks . Im so freaking late , for everything .

After dropping the portfolios , i thought to myself ... its freedom ! And its time to play ! Get wild , get crazy and get laid !

Im joking about the last part .

So , got myself this stupid excited spirit ... because SiHan kept rushing me . When im excited , i get very excited ... and i wanna do things fast and fast and faster . So , we waited for the cab outside school . Well , as usual , no cabs when u need them . SiHan then went to withdraw money ... and again , we waved there , and no cabs . Went across the road , and finally , we found one turning away .


Believe it or not , i went to watch the rally . How amazing ? This is my first time witnessing such an event . Usually , the TV would do . But in there , the feel is totally different . Once in every 5 years , quite a rare opportunity .

Reached Serangoon , and it was quite empty . So that'll only mean that , we're early ! SiHan made it as if we're really late . What a surprise , it was rather empty . Other than some really Singaporean people , there was nobody else . I bought some snacks , and 3 packets of potato chips , cost me around $6 . Imagine how much that bloody Indian lady is earning ?

After an hour or so , the stadium was already half filled , or half empty . The field was big , and the stage was so tiny from where we were sitting . Its facing the cameras , and we could only see from the side view . Anyway , SiHan's Dad then came , and he bought us some finger food . Bought drinks , and its bloody expensive . SiHan's drink was $4 , and mine was cheaper , $2 . It was getting humid , and the unpleasant smell of human flesh aura filled the stadium . Saw my paternal cousin with her husband there too ... but they were too far . Anyway , then we spotted many people whom looked like some of the NAFA peeps . We saw clones of Samuel , XuLian and more ... We played another kinda game , and we're suppose to indentify the people from the huge crowd to each other's description . Its tough .

SiHan's brother came later , with his wife . And we're all sitting together , throttled . Before that , we already ate 2 packets of chips . SiHan was sleepy , because he was low on oxygen . For me , i couldnt sleep yet , because the rally have not started yet . Soon , people came in with banners , which excited the crowed . People went shouting for the Worker'sParty , WP . I thought tonight it'll be a debate between PAP and WP , who knows ... only the WP came . The crowd grew into a hulking mass of human flesh . The flags were filling my vision , and cheers began .

Wait . Some lady just called me and said that she thought im dead . She got the wrong number , and she just hung up like that . What the fuck ? Fuck u ! If u got the wrong number , fucking say sorry ! Dun just keep asking whether im dunno what fuck crap , and then just hang up after realising ur mistake . Come on , be considerate , and polite . Fuck ...

Sorry for that .

Sidetrack ... slew ur attention here ... Anyway , the WP people came in different groups . And they went on stage . Their arrival created this flurry out of the multitude . People began cheering for WP , and i was sitting there , watching like a little boy . Soon , the speech began .

Well , same old things they talk about . I think they kinda make sense , and with my experience of watching LeeKuanYew and PAP on TV , i would have to say that i agree with the WP . They really do oppose with the PAP , and digging out the loopholes of PAP , as well as beating up the anger of the herd of people . So , they made happy statements , and they made provocative ones too . I must say , the speakers were all great , especially till the end , when this lady spoke . She is no other than , Sylvia . She is a fantastic speaker , really awesome . Ive never heard someone spoke with such moving powers before , honestly . She moved me , and i dunno why , she almost made me cry . She brought over the main points , and this gist without much beating of the bushes . Quintessences were clear ... she shot her score well . The people were supportive , and they cheered one . For once , i felt maybe kinda a Singaporean . The people there were mostly ur uncles and aunties . Many of them reminded me of those sitting in the kopitiams , talking nonsense whole day , and acting smart . I dunno why , but these groups like to talk about politics , like as if they really know it at the tips of their fingers . Thats why , i say , politics are old people's games .

The statements were smartly brought about . The speakers were vocal , and they criticised PAP like almost that they dun even exist . Well , this time , i think maybe PAP is going down . The crowd dispersed after the rally ... and trust me , it was like a choked pipe . Seen one before ?

We waited for long , and found another exit later . Worth the wait ... ? SiHan and his family went off first , and i went to take the bus home .

Well, got home , and i told Mom that i went to the rally , and she was asking me whether it was funny . Not really , but quite fun . I thought i'll seriously sleep and piss myself over there , but hell no , it was entertaining . Maybe i'll go watch such an event again next time . But the irritating thing is the condition of the place , its warm and its humid ... and the crowd is smelly . U know what ? There were a few uncles smoking ... and in public . I think thats really inconsiderate , i hate that . Smokers , please bear in mind that ur in public , and there are many non-smokers around ... so dun smoke . Go smoke at home , and die , and thats all i can care about . Mom is a smoker , for ur information .

Dun tell me im unfilial . Ive tried my best to stop her . Anyway , ive a strong filial piety . Im a good son . And Mom told her friends before that she is really lucky to have a son like me . To think of it , she is damn right ! Will tell u more next time ...

Like ive promised , on my birthday entry , i'll tell u about my entire life . And i think it wont come so soon ... and very soon , i'll be changing my blog . This blog shall end around here ... and the new blog will come , in peace .

Going to work on WeiHong's Suona piece , im orchestrating it . So , how free am i even after the exams ? WeiHong didnt get into NAFA , and Andy too . But still , goodluck to them with their future plans . Hope the petition will turn things around for Andy . Still waiting ...

Lets keep our fingers crossed .