Friday, May 26, 2006

Freezing Point

Look who has come home ?

Its WeiKang , the joker who cannot take jokes . Irony , isnt it ?


Christoven is somebody who would not waste time , and he is rather straight forward . Im , somebody who aint more of facts , but im possibility , itself . He is fact , im possibility . Fact leaves no place for possibilities . So , he would stand in the lift , and hope that people would be quick ... and he'll want to close the lift door fast , and get on . For me , i'll open the door , and look out , asking ... anybody else ?

I think i need to shit . But before that , let me finish up fast for this entry , though i know ... its gonna be long .

Once again , another day filled up by Christoven , and his friend , Gabriel . He plays the Violin , and he'll be joining us when school starts .

I woke up late , and i told Christoven that i'll be late . And so , i dragged my time ... and i found myself later , as in really late . So , i brushed up , and i took my bag . Of course , some money ... So , Mom was asking me to wait ... But i told her , no .

I took the cab , and this driver was obviously sucking money out of me . So , he went one round in AngMoKio , before heading to the highway , where could be easily done so by turning left where i boarded the cab . SiHan tagged on the board about watching movie today , and its my favourite , 'X-men' . I was more than excited , so i told Christoven to join us . But well , he wanted to shop around with Gabriel . So , i thought we'll be going alone . And SiHan asked me to check the time slots , and so ... i turned to Cyril , who was sleeping then . So , i woke him up , and he was so nice ... he woke up and checked the movie time slots for me , and messaged me the time slots . So , Cathay ... ? I dunno what was that . But later , i recieved from SiHan that he'll be watching 'Da Vince Code' with Samuel and YinXuan . So , nevermind ... Christoven , Gabriel and i continued shopping .

I met them later , when i arrived . The driver didnt dare charge me for 50 cents , after looking at my terrible unfortunate face . So , i got back my fair money , and i walked over to meet them . They were shopping for clothings , and i dunno Gabriel , so ... the first impression was very awkward . Christoven was helping him with his clothings ... We ventured into almost every single shop , and found nothing quite pleasing . The good stuffs were either too expensive , or too ... overrated . Soon enough , all our stomachs were growling . Christoven suggested that we find somewhere to eat , and contemplate over the choices out of the plenty that we've seen . I joined them later , and i didnt see much ... so , i just sat there , and listened to Christoven's choices . We ate at KFC , and we ordered a family meal ... ? It was huge , with 8 pieces of chicken , and 4 drinks . I think thats the family meal ... right ? Anyway , to think of it , we've only 3 of us , and we're eating a 4 person's meal ... and its around $7 for each of us . If we eat the normal meal , its 2 pieces of chicken each , and 2 side orders , and a drink . Which , i think is more worth the money ! Really ... Anyway , the meal was good . We were licking our fingers , and talking with our mouths full .

Gabriel has quite a weird sense of humour . Cold , for first impression . But , cool , for next . Christoven was talking about going to Beach Road ... because Gabriel said that there's many things to see there . I thought , isnt that the place for the Thailand people ... ? Yes , it is .

I think i really need to shit , but nevermind .

After eating , we went to Esplanade , to return Christoven's scores . We took a walk towards Suntec , and we found ourselves shopping again . I mean , what else can we do ? Christoven took the guide , and we entered this optical shop again . I was trying on some spectacles , while they were trying on shades . They both looked good with different spectacles . I guess , im not meant for any of that thing . So , well ... i stuck with my normal invisible spectacle . Christoven was sitting there , with this old man , reluctantly attending to him . Gabriel was giving advices about the spectacles ... and i was there , quiet .

Before that , we bought Ribena , again . And , i also bought myself this bag . A very small one , which i think is meant for girls . But nevermind , im going to use it for my Pipa stuffs . U know , every Pipa player has this bag , meant to carry their strings , and Pipa stuffs ... So , thats going to be its use . The bag cost me $27 ... or so ... I cannot remember . So , anyway , i know , Mom is going to kill me .

In fact , she just scolded me . And she told me that guys dun carry that kinda bag . Well , its not me , its my wife , my Pipa , who is going to carry that .

There's nothing quite interesting in Suntec . So , we once again , headed back to MarinaSquare , and Gabriel went to buy his shirts , which he reserved . Well , the shirts were good for him , and sure was the money , $97 ... ? Anyway , after that , we took MRT down to Lavender , and we walked over to the place where Gabriel and Christoven told me about , Beach Road .

Does that place bring back any memory ? Remember ... Beach Hotel ? I bet some sure do , right Samuel ? And ... SiHan , yes ... ?

Anyway , its exactly there . We went into this old and warm place . We went to the third level , and found many small shops , filled with interesting ... stuffs ... There were shoes , shirts and ... many more . So , we were looking around , till i found boxers . Not ordinary ones . Its the one that YiChun has ! Ive found it ! He showed it to me and PuayKhoon back then when we went to his house ... to study ... And well , it was cute . So , its Spongebob Squarepants ... and well , i bought 2 , later in another shop . It was $6 in another shop , and i bought it for only $4 each . I bought in a total of 2 . And well , its good to make choices later ... thats what i always learn for Mom . But well , of course making choices doesnt mean about whether to cross or not to . Sometimes , its too late if u dun cross ... but sometimes , maybe ... its still early ! And for some of our classmates , sometimes ... maybe things aint working out well , but well ... maybe its not time yet ! But for some , time has already gone past them , many times . And well , its time to let things go .

Ate some pasta , and well ... not as impressive as in the papers . They ate beef noodles . Well , after eating . I still had the urge to watch the movie today . And well , as u know ... Christoven doesnt mind , but Gabriel has to go home to practice . So , we took a cab and hurried down to Cathay , the new shopping centre near our school . In the cab , i was listening to Christoven's recording of his own playing ... and my favourite , 'Diva Dance' . U know that song , sang by the blue alien diva in 'The Fifth Element' . Its an old movie , i know . Cant blame an old man for remembering such movies ...

So , we got there , and it was crowded . The tickets were all sold out . So , we headed to PlazaSing , and we sent Gabriel off . Thats where , i saw Klein , and Alex . But i didnt wave to them ... because we were in a rush . Actually , not .

Again , the tickets were sold out , but there were other slots , but at a much later time . So , we headed back to Cathay , and trust me ... it was tiring ! We bought the movie tickets for the earliest time slot , which was 9 pm . It was only 8 pm , and i thought it was already 9 , so ... i was buying the drinks . Then , Christoven saved my life , and told me it was only 8 pm ...

So , walked down , and went to drink . He ordered coffee ... and i took out my new bag , and i played with it . I can confirm now , that its for girls ! Because they gave this free mirror inside . I dun care ! I like it ! It fits all my Pipa stuffs ! So , nevermind . Dun give me that face when i bring it to school ...

The time was up , and i bought my drink , and we entered the cinema . It was ... not really crowded . Though on the computer screen , the lady gave us not much of a choice , but to sit all the way in front , on the first row . Sadly , or not ... we took it . I was so excited , and wondered if its gonna be as good as the trailers . Who knows ... ?

We wanted to move around , but the movie started . As usual , some couples must have fought and threw away the tickets . They didnt turn up , so there were empty seats ...

As usual , all the cool mutants , with their cool moves . And as usual ... Mystique doing all her unique moves . But the silly thing was quite shocking when some mutants actually died in the movie . So , Cyclops died early . He didnt even do much , other than to cry on screen . Jean died , remember ? Well , she came alive , and she killed him . So , who else ? Unexpectedly , Charles died . She killed him too . Magneto was there to watch him die ... And anyway , the movie focused on Storm and Wolverine , thats why their names were on the poster ... Anyway , more than ive expected ... the action was great ! I loved all the action parts . But well , the story aint that great ... and it was quite a disappointment . But im blind to it , as my interest for such a story lingers on . Jean died in the end , when Wolverine killed her . No wonder its the last movie ... everyone died . They changed the whole story , and well ... its like some genocide or pogrom . Everybody dies ... and stuff . Magneto lost his powers ... and in the end of the movie , he tried moving a metal piece of a chess unit . And it moved ... abit .

Thats the end ! The credits came up with a loud sudden start of some music . Lame , totally ! Its just like all the movies , its so cliched ! So ... that'll mean that it'll continue ... ? Just like when will Godzilla finally come back ... ? I dunno ! Its so ... lame !

So , we were tired , and we went home . Before so , i asked SiHan where he was . He , Samuel , YongRui and Mark was having some night walk over at FortCanning . So , i thought maybe i'll join them for a while , expecting some fun . So , i followed his instructions and took the lift up ... and next , i saw Samuel , and gang walking into the lift . They were heading home . Well , i dunno why , but it felt freezing cold .

They were quiet , not talking . Im not sure what must have happened , but i know there must be something wrong ! SiHan didnt wanna say . So , i watched their backs while i waited at the bus-stop . My mind was storming . Maybe its something ive said or done ? Well , im not sure . The worst thing was that i didnt bring my ear piece . So , i was thinking of it all the way .

Picturing NAFA as ACS . And damn ! It felt entirely so .

I cannot risk myself to think that maybe its some prank . But well , it felt kinda too real . Im not sure what happened ... but , maybe im not meant to know . Of course , i would hope that nothing is wrong .

Are things turning sour ? Or maybe it has always been like cheese ... ? If thats the case , no more cheese for me .