Thursday, May 18, 2006

Optical View

Just came home from a bus ride from SengKang , a long and lonely one .

So , i didnt sleep . I was lying on bed , listening to songs by CelineDion , and Audrey messaged me . Well , she couldnt sleep too . So , i woke up , and turned on my computer . After playing a game or two , strangely , i felt tired . Around 5 am , Amanda gave me a call . Well , Jane didnt allow her to go to school today , and told her to stay home and watch over Dad , because he was very weak . So , i was told to go down to accompany him for his last journey .

Well , i took my clothings , and got down within an hour . I took breakfast , and took a bus down . Ive no idea why , but i wore my nicer clothings ... but with my usual ugly pants . Dun tell me i dunno how to match my clothings , because i really dun . So , i just wore what i took , and i rushed down fast .

Dad was sleeping , and Jane was beside him , talking to him . Well , that day , i saw Jane taking out some money , not some , but quite alot , and she was taking out $50 . She was startled when she saw me . Anyway , she went to church today , in the evening , after i went out to meet Christoven and Audrey at Orchard . Weird combination ? I know .

Before that , i was at SengKang , accompanying Dad with his sleep . I slept beside him , and ocassionally woke up to help him up , and Jane and gang fed him water and stuff . For me , i was in a daze , sleepy and tired . I slept well ... till Christoven called me , and we arranged to meet at Orchard at 4 pm . So , after playing a stupid game with Amanda , i took my leave ... and told Dad that i'll be back at night .

So , i wore my uncomfortable sticky shoe , and i left the place . Walked over the field , and towards the MRT station . There wasnt any time left for me to take the bus down , so ... i took the MRT , and trust me , it was rather fast . I was there within minutes , and so ... i walked around , and found myself a shelter , a CD store .

I was busy searching and finding CDs , wondering if i should buy it . Well , i have this sticker thingi which Jwen gave to me , and im about to finish it . If it wasnt for her sticker thingi , i wouldnt buy anything from that shop , because ... its kinda expensive too . But for the sake of completing it , i managed to get $20 off my next purchase , and i got myself one free CD . So , i chose the Harp and Dulcimer CD ... and i think it'll be sweet . I spent around $120 in the shop , thanks to Christoven , who helped me mostly with my grocery . He picked the CDs for me , his recommendations . So , with his admonition , i bought a few strange CDs . One of which , which im listening now , is AlessandroSafina . He is a Tenor , and surely , his songs are kinda nice ...

When Audrey was here , she missed out the part on us kneeling on the floor , digging out for CDs . Well , kinda embarrassing , i know . But still , for the sake of CDs , im willing to do anything . So ... after that , we left .

Headed towards ... somewhere ... and found ourselves shopping for our mothers . Ive no idea what to buy her , and for Christoven , he is certain that he'll buy her a pair of earrings . We went into his shop , and found many weird designs for rings , and earrings . Well , then there was this super ugly one , about pearls . Its a ring , with a clot of messy pearls hanging on the ring . Kinda a failure in terms of design . But well , we were laughing about it infront of the lady . Then , Christoven told us that his mother likes to club , and she is very rough ... Well , kinda hard to imagine how Christoven's mother is like . Ive seen Audrey's , and for my Mom , i dun think she is anywhere close to Christoven's . He told us that she dances , and he showed us how , and he said that she likes pink and white stuffs ... and all sort of weird descriptions . Well , weird . Audrey was laughing .

So , we went shopping for his earrings in this other shop , and there was a wide variety of earrings , rings and many other craps . Then , i found this super big diamond , and it looked super fake . The diamonds were selling at such a low price , i wonder if it is even real . Audrey then helped with Christoven with his choices of earrings . Over on the other side , stood around 4 guys , all in white , like chefs . Well , they were selling shoes . Anyway , i found his big size ring , meant for girls , and i bet its for the transexuals , because i dun think any girls can fit their fingers into it ! Maybe its for the toes ... Anyway , there was another super big one , i think its for the neck , or the thigh .

So , Christoven settled himself with this green earring , very much similar to those that Jwen wears . It was about $24 . Well , i still didnt know what to buy , so ... we went on walking about .

Then we entered into many shops , and found many nice clothings . We were shopping and looking out for clothings ... and commenting on it . Audrey was feeling so tired , and bored , i guess . Well , after that , it was her best time ! We ate at this Japanese restaurant , and it was merely around $10 for each . It was very filling ... and Audrey was so happy slurping the noodles . She couldnt finish her food , because she couldnt bear to pig down all the good food ! As for me , i wolfed down everything ... and i ate a few from Audrey's . Christoven was having so much fun eating too . Well , u got to admit this , the food was good ! The noodle is special ... it has 2 different layers , cool right ? Well , by now , some may already know what we're talking about . Its none other than ... Ajisen !

Im lying about Audrey's joy in the restaurant . She didnt have any appetite , and she didnt feel quite well eating the beef tendons . Well , so sorry to kinda force her to eat with us . And i know , its kinda expensive for a meal , but ... once in a blue moon , is fine . Right ? Cheers .

So , after filling our empty tanks , we're ready to go . In full speed , we visited many shops , and went around ... and even walked over to Paragon . Before that , we met quite a few people in Takashimaya . We saw Royce with his girlfriend , and Dorothy and gang . Well ... after going to our last stop , Paragon , it was our last straw .

We were dead tired , except for Christoven , i think . Well , we were visiting optical shops , and Christoven was helping me out with the spectacles . One thing i must thank , is that ive such friends , that can help me in different ways . So , we found many weird spectacles , and surely ... it didnt fit me well . Audrey was telling me that i dun look good with spectacles . Other than that , its also very expensive . Christoven was trying on with different spectacles , and he was telling everyone that he is a musician , and he has to have that professional look , like those old uncles . I can kinda agree ... but not to a far extent ...

So , we tried another optical shop , and this time , there was more choices . The lady , knows Christoven , and they started chatting like old friends . Audrey and i sat around , and walked around ... trying out different spectacles . Well , i found many weird spectacles , which i kinda fancy , but still ... ive a stupid round face , and damn those round spectacles ! So , Christoven was asking if he looked good in this and that ... and what the hell ! He looks good with any spectacle ! What about me ? Fat hope , literally . The lady was kind and really nice , she took out many spectacles for me to try , and i requested for those black thick frames , but she couldnt only provide me as so ... So , i took the spectacles and i found one that suited me best . It looked fine , and it looked kinda ... fine . So , i looked fine with that spectacle . I asked ... how much does it cost ... ? And to my surprise , or not ... its very cheap ! Right . Its $400 . For a spectacle , which i dun really know ... i thought its alright . Then Audrey messaged me and told me that its expensive for a spectacle ... and so i thought , maybe she's right . So , i told the lady that its too expensive . The main reason behind it is the design ... by this famous designer ... something something Jacob . Well , for the brand , its not worth buying .

Like foreign talents , they are branded people . And as far as i know , local products can be better at times .

We left Paragon ... and we bought ourselves a sparkling Ribena . And so , we headed home . Audrey took the bus , while Christoven and i took the MRT . I was heading towards SengKang . And so , like that , 5 hours gone . I thought ... how was Dad doing ... ?

Well , he was doing fine . Dorothy was there , taking care of Dad , and Amanda was home , watching TV . Jane was out , to church . Well , i was kinda full already ... and yet , Amanda made me noodles , and Jane bought back porridge , and i finished both packets ... and a chicken wing . My goodness , it was a huge meal for me .

Helped Dad up , and he drank some milk . I told him it smelt good in the kitchen , and he asked if i wanna drink . Thanks my dear , im full already . Well , we're all around him , and he was talking about me all the time , asking if i wanna drink the milk and stuff ... kinda funny . Well , so ... we helped him back to his bed , and he slept .

Watched a movie in the hall with Amanda . And after that , i left .

There , i took a bus home , and lucky for me , just in time . Please remind me to bring an air-con controller for Dad tomorrow ... because u know , their's is down ... and so , Dad was feeling kinda warm , though the air-con was on . It was in fan mode . No wonder ... ?

Well , tomorrow im going to the zoo with Noozli , Evan and Jwen . The rest im not sure who ... but well , i hope i'll have fun . Its time for a break ! But wait ... if anything crops up , thats it ... i'll have to leave , and i hope people wont scold me for that .

Thanks for being understanding . And thanks Audrey for ur concern for my father .

Rest well , and goodnight .