Saturday, February 17, 2007

Clearing My Stuff

I just cleared my room, and im in some terrible mood. Mom was complaining here and there while sweeping my room, and clearing my computer table. Well, its so much nicer now... but the process is just like any CNY clearing process. The big sweep!

I woke up late, and headed down to school for ensemble. YanYu had some performances, and so... she didnt have time for lesson. I told her that its fine, and she also asked about my ankle. Anyway, ensemble was alright. At last, im playing the Pipa for the performance, and not the Ruan or the LiuQin. Im so blessed! Luckily heaven got eyes, right QingLun? So, i took out my Pipa and started tuning... Dedric gave a note from the Sheng, and it sounded wrong to me... and so i told to give the right note.

MrYeo was going through the piece, and he was so fed up that we couldnt run through the whole 18 pieces within 2 hours. Well, there were times when he'll just talk and talk, and also at times for us to play and crap till he'll try shutting up us. We're so unprofessional, i know. By the way, the rehearsal was extremely boring, because the keys were all so unsuitable for the Pipa. I had to play this solo part which sounded extremely dry and thin. I hate it! Anyway, Michelle didnt come for rehearsal today.

After rehearsing, i was already late for my composition tutorial, and i heard that DrGoh's very angry with me. But well, when i entered, he asked me quite nicely for my work. I filled in some articulation parts, and passed it to him. He played the parts infront of the whole class, and i explained to him the dynamics, the articulation and the rhythm that i wanted. He was fine with it, and after just browsing through, he told me that its fine, and i passed. Passed? So, he told me that i may leave... And so, i packed my bag, and it wasnt even 5 minutes yet, and i was quite uncertain... but i left. Everybody was staring at me leaving the classroom.

Wierd.

I met up with QingLun at the traffic light, and he brought me into FortuneCentre, where he's eating with Andy and gang. Before that, i met Jonathan at ground level, and he was nice, he opened the door for me. I didnt eat, but they ate. I felt so full then, i just felt like drinking, but i didnt.

After eating, they headed back to school, where they will be attending SAS, and we'll be going out today! Im so excited, i quickly ran towards the bus... and stood outside, while waiting for DrTan to call me in. Its not very nice if i walk in myself right? So, i waited for ShuMin, QingLun and gang. Then, i saw somebody waving to call me in, but i didnt know who it was. Andy was kinda lost, asking me where im going... while doing so, he took out a cigarette, which was extinguished by me. I kept poking him and pushing him to keep it... i didnt allow him to smoke there. He was obedient, he kept it.

Anyway, QingLun sat with me, and the bus left for the museum! Then suddenly, MaSai rushed towards the bus, and everybody was shouting for him. The driver stopped and opened the door, allowing him to board. DrTan was so funny! She is so cute... Anyway, on the bus, QingLun played some music for me, which sounded kinda nice. Then, ShuMin was laughing very loudly, so i turned around to check it out. But well, it was so noisy, i couldnt hear a thing... Basking in the joy of a company, i didnt bother much.

At the museum, the photo whoring session began! We started take group photos, and then gave out the stickers, and started pasting it all over. Then, DrTan brought us to the theatre where we'll watch some video clip on some ancient artifacts. We entered the theatre, and DrTan was so funny... after watching the long video, it stopped halfway, and supposingly it should be continued with another video which will link it up. With an imperfect cadence for some time, DrTan stood up and told us that the projector man went missing... and she thinks that it'll end like that for the day. Its really funny... maybe im retarded, but its really funny for me. Then, i accidentally touched Edric's last finger, because he was pinching my cheeks. I didnt know, im so sorry! He fractured his last finger, which is kinda... retarded, but it must have hurt! He was whining away...

We took the piece of paper given out by DrTan and found our way to the galleries to look at the artifacts. Well, its the same one that ive been before. Thats the Islam gallery where the stupid French man scolded me. Remember? Well, i wrote a complaint in my commentaries which was submitted to DrTan, who agreed with me and told me that she'll inform the museum. Anyway, i had a great time there, taking photos with ShuMin and gang. Then, running away to some other galleries with QingLun. We played the Tabla, which sounded horrible. And what else... Yes, we even had a praying session at the Mosque gallery. Its so funny, ShuMin was praying like a Muslim. Its so bad, i know. But well, it was funny for a moment. We saw this figures which resembled this Chinese ghosts, or deities, and ShuMin was so frightened. It looked grotesque, i know, but ShuMin had some really bad feelings about them. I even asked if she wanna take a photo with those figures, and she gave me that face.

Before leaving, QingLun urgently needed me to help him draw this Turkish clock, and so i did. I tried my best, well... thats why im a bad art student. I suck at drawing... Anyway, i think it was kinda nice! As for the reflection part, i think he'll do it himself... since he is such a good student. He was playing a fool, and he kicked me on my leg. I pretended to be angry and ran off... then he ran off too, but who knows... he went to look for me, and i hid behind the door. Its very stupid.

It was raining already, and everybody was running to the nearest MRT. Why isnt there like a bus ride back to school? QingLun and i walked over, in a quicker pace and he talked about his friend back in his secondary school days. Well, its really funny... but i felt like he was boasting most of the time. Im joking...

Anyway, at the MRT, they left for school, while i headed to RafflesCity, at Cityhall. I was really early, and so i found myself some mood to shop! The first stop, the CD shop! I bought 2 CDs, and came out. I was in there for quite some time, but not enough to kill at least more than an hour of time. I walked around, and found nothing else to do... so, i headed to the restaurant, which was located at RafflesThePlaza, and its called SzeChuanCourt, and it looked really expensive to me.

I went in and asked for the reservation under the name of MervinChoo. The lady brought me to this really big room, and there were curtains which resembled dark China, and i ordered an iced water. I sat there, and took ate a peanut. Then, suddenly... the lady came again and told me that its the wrong table for me, because its under MelvinChua, not MervinChoo. Well, common mistakes. I went off... and they allowed me to sit around, while they set up our table.

After they were half done, i was seated there. While waiting, i drank some water, and ate quite alot of peanuts. They are soft and sweet. Then, i told them to bring me the menu. I browsed through, and i couldnt find anything cheap. The cheapest was like $9, for 100grams of prawns. Anyway, thats not even cheap. The cheapest was actually $8 for some red bean paste, with some dunno what. But thats desert! How much can delicacy like SzeChuan food cost nowadays? Anyway, its just like cheap food made expensive and stylish. I think there was nothing i could afford there. I sat around, and watched people eating... and then there was this dish that cost like $5000! My goodness! I almost fell off the chair...

Auntie Winnie came first, with her family, and then slowly, uncle Mervin and my grandparents, as well as his family. Finally, WeiChang, my first cousin arrived. Before starting, everybody gave me red packets, and my grandpa specially gave me more secretly when i brought him to the toilet before WeiChang arrives. I was like pushing it away, but... its not nice not to accept an offer. I kept quiet, and kept the money in my pocket.

I was waiting for QingLun to call me, but well since he didnt, i didnt wanna bother. I ate, and the cod fish was like fantastic! Its like the best fish ive ever tasted! Always talking about fresh or not, and i tell u... u dunno what is fresh till u eat that fish! Its superb! Im not exaggerating, but the taste was that exaggerating. On the table, we're all cracking lame jokes, and listening to each other talk. Dominique, Mervin's son, was eating all the vegetable. Its wierd, he left all the scallops there and the abalones too. I was stunned. Good for us! Anyway, i was the last to finish every dish, because my grandparents will ask me to finish it up. They'll roll the glass on my side, and i'll always take the first scoop, and its always for my grandma first, then my grandpa. I dunno why, but its always my role, not WeiChang's. Anyway, he is like so different now. Let me tell u... all the grandchildren are very different.

The first, WeiChang, is very strong built, though not over muscular, really fit and sculpted. He is currently serving the navy, i think. He graduated from NUS, and was previously from ACSI. Im not sure, but he has like this diving suit in his car. Anyway, enough about him. Next, the second cousin, WeiKang, is very fat and unhealthy. Dying of a disease, and slowly feeding his health to his illness... he is an art fanatic, loving music and playing the Pipa till he dies in about a decade. He didnt graduate, and dun think he will graduate. But, he was previously from ACSBR. The third cousin, Dominique, WeiJie, is currently still studying in ACSBR, really skinny and loves to eat vegetable, he was from the rugby team, but i dun think his size will fit him in well... so now, he's currently doing bowling instead. Fourth cousin, WeiKeat, is studying in ACSP, primary 2 i think. He is really talkative and really intelligent. And lastly, the fifth, being the youngest and crappiest of them all, WeiHong, he is still feeding off his mother's milk. Im joking! He is already talking and running about like crazy. Going primary school soon i guess... Well, thats the grandchildren part, and noticed something? No girls! Yes. As for the auntie's sons and daughters, thats another issue.

After eating, we sat around and chatted for an hour or so. The bill was like $888. Its the set, and its some lucky meal right? Lucky for the wallet too. Mervin paid it all, and he also got this 8 vouchers. We left, and Winnie fetched my grandparents back, and Mervin went off alone. His wife and Dominique drove back themselves, they have 2 cars u see. As for me, WeiChang fetched me to school. It was really quiet, because we dun talk much... and being so atheletic, theres nothing in common for us to talk about. I heard him telling Dominique to do pushups and taught him how to train his body and stuff. I was like... thinking of my composition and thinking of how to warm up my fingers for my upcoming performances. So different, how can we relate much?

He dropped me nearby, and i alighted. Then, i headed to school and checked my mail and called LumYanSeng, to check about the schedule. I called ZhiNeng, and i was horrible to talk to him. Bad tone i guess.

MrLum just sent me the new schedule. Then, i met DongXiao and ShuMin. With my Pipa, we walked to Bugis together, while bitching and laughing. They were heading to Vivocity, to shop. At that hour? Its almost midnight!

SamuelWong just greeted me a happy new year. Its so funny! He just came back from Laos, cool...

Im going to release the stress of clearing my table by watching a movie or something before heading to play some games. Come on, its the holidays! I'll be having my reunion lunch tomorrow with Mom. Reunion dinner was just now with my paternal family. I might need to call QingLun to help me with something. See u guys, and yes, a happy new year to u too!

Anyway, WeiXun told me that he saw me on the newspaper! I was so shocked! He asking me whether im performing... and well, he knows that im performing with LimChooLi next week. Its on newspaper? Thats nice, i wanna get a copy!

Im clearing my stuff, and organising my thoughts. Well, its easy to remember but really hard to forget.