Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pyrrhic Victory

I just played a game with LianWei. Im home early, isnt it strange? Well, of course there is a reason why. Good news to people who hate me, bad news to people who care... i sprained my ankle again!

Well, i woke up very late. The game last night that i played with LianWei was really funny. Anyway, i just played an hour plus game with LianWei, im feeling so tired now. But well, i still have to finish this entry.

Where was i? Yes, i was late... so i stayed home till its time to leave for history lecture. I took bus 166 down to school, and i was sleeping like a log. My toe was injured, because when i was showering, the edge of the door slid over and cut my toe. It hurts! Now, something else hurts more...

During history lecture, Yikki went to adjust the clock! He made it 20 minutes faster! We were all like supporting and cheering. So, class started 'thirty minutes' later... because DrKan was slightly late. Yikki and May presented to us about minimalism in music. Well, i liked the presentation, because its slightly less complicated in terms of its content. Yikki presented it in his usual style, with his sidekick, May. She sounded kinda bad today, i think she's having flu or something. But well, i'll definitely enjoy her presentation more, because she has this cute accent. Its indeed an entertainment to watch them present together. They are together, u know? Yes.

SiHan and i started taking out pencils and papers. We started drawing again! But well, this time... without any specific target. We just drew bits and bits together. Then, Christoven and YongRui joined in. DrKan was like laughing throughout Yikki's presentation, as well as thinking of questions to ask them. So, we were safe... and we started drawing and drawing. Then, the next presenters were Eudora and Charmaine. Their's was slightly better in terms of DrKan's requirements, but i didnt enjoy it. Eudora asked me a question, and with SiHan and LianWei's answers, i didnt get it right. Damn, we lost a sweet prize to ZhengYi who got the answer. LianWei actually got it, but he didnt wanna put up his hand to answer. Wasted! Anyway, their presentation was so strict, and everybody around was like... so into it. I felt like some wet blanket. Soon, the fun died out...

DrKan told me not to laugh. SiHan fell asleep... and i took his evaluation, which would be submitted to DrKan, and drew a bunch of nonsense on it. Its so freaking funny! Then, once we're released out of prison, we submitted the evaluation quickly. LianWei and i were laughing like hell, while watching SiHan, who was clueless to a single thing. He looked blur after waking from his deep slumber. Great, i think he'll know after reading this. If he still doesnt, then he is... nevermind.

I headed for dinner with QingLun. I called him a loner today. He keeps calling me that, and now its my turn. Well, nobody was around... except for him, practicing his Dizi in his little room. Actually, i find it true, its better this way... theres more time for ourselves. As for me, i find myself more comfortable now than before. Less things to worry, less things to do. Moreover, i like the coldness. Its great! Doing me great too!

We went to eat at the curry rice place. Then, i accidentally slipped off and sprained my ankle while finding an empty table. I think some people saw. I quickly hopped to the nearest chair and started wondering whether its broken or sprained. Well, i hoped that its just a small incident, nothing big. Instead, i felt this familiar unfeeling pain that rushes down to my ankle. It became numb, with acute stinging pain that comes like a beeping pager. QingLun started laughing at me, while i laugh at myself. I felt like crying, yet i felt like laughing at the same time. Its painful...

He supported me and held me to another table, because the one i chose was infested by ants. He ordered food for me, and im not sure whether i paid for it, or he did. Anyway, it was fun sitting there talking while my ankle was like... shouting for help. After eating, i called DrMai. Remember her? Well, if uve read my past entries, a year ago or something, i sprained my ankle during choir. She was the one who took care of my ankle. It was Vikki's recommendation. DrMai plays the Pipa and the Zheng, but that was a long time ago. She told me that she played till a rather high standard, and even auditioned for the professional orchestra back then, with WuYiMing as one of the judges. WuYiMing is Nicholas' teacher, who is WuYouYuan's elder brother. WuYouYuan is a Pipa player in SCO. This is complicating right? Well, just dun bother about it.

I called Mom, and she told me not to take a cab over. She told me to take the bus or the MRT. I was like... what the hell? Then, she told me to go shopping at Bugis with QingLun first. She wanted me to take the cab only after the peak hour. Well, i was in so much pain... and she told me all that crap! I was going mad. Finding it ridiculous, i broke into laughter while tearing in pain. QingLun held me, and flagged a cab for me.

I headed towards DrMai's clinic. I told Michelle that i couldnt go over to help her with her piece. So, i closed my eyes and imagined the scenario of whats going to happen at the clinic. Then, i called my uncle, and he refused to fetch me because he was busy. Before i head on with the entry, let me name some definitions to clear ur doubts. What is acupuncture? Its a killing process for stupid people who think that its meant for relaxation. Its a Chinese medical practice or procedure that treats illness or provides local anesthesia by the insertion of needles at specified sites of the body. But well, thats the old method. Nowadays, or with DrMai, its with the use of electric current! My goodness! She uses an amp! Ive been through her toturing tools in her torture chamber once. Im glad that im going through that phase again.

I alighted the cab and walked slowly down the steps. Once i was seated in her clinic, she popped her head out and greeted me. She's super busy, she only go by appointments. So, she was telling me that im the only guy, so she has to let me use another room. Most of the patients there were either ladies or small girls. While sitting there, there was this Malay man who entered her clinic. He asked DrMai whether she provide massaging service. Then she gave that face. She is kinda old, but super eccentric and energetic. She is so funny and lame. After giving that face, she told that guy that she'll use needles to poke his back, and then she'll help him massage later. The guy left almost immediately...

Well, soon... its my turn. I entered the chamber, with tools hanging around. I remembered those needles! And that bed. I asked if i can choose not to do acupuncture, and she said no. She held my leg down, and she took out the needles and inserted it straight away! I wasnt even ready or prepared! I had no time to reject her needles, i had no time to shout. I was just caught in surprise. After the third needle, i asked how many more... and she told me just one more. The stinging pain was... indescribable. I felt the needle poking my muscle, and pushing against my tendons inside. It felt horrible! I didnt cry out, because she remembered me as the noisy boy who cried out loud during his therapy session the other time. Well, i chose not to cry this time. In fact, i didnt cry... but just teared abit because its fucking painful!

I stayed there and told her not to insert too much electric. Her amp sounded first with music... then she started singing! My goodness! I couldnt stop laughing... while having those needles in my right leg, i couldnt take it. I hoped her to stop singing, and then she asked me a super lame question which involved her lyrics. I was like... stunned. Ownage...

I laid there with music in my ears. I couldnt bare to look, but i took a picture of it. If u wanna see, i can send it over. Well, i was in such pain... I called a few people to talk. I remembered exactly during this moment a year ago, i called Jonathan. I wasnt really in good terms with him then. He answered but didnt talk to me for long, he gave some excuse and he hung up. I thought that he's changed. But well, still the same old him. Good for him, and for everybody to see.

I heard the little girl next door crying. I was so worried for myself. Then, DrMai was talking to her with some nursery rhymes. I wished that she'll stop that. Its like humour during my moments of pain. It feels terrible! Soon, she came over to remove the needles. I felt so relieved, but actually... im happy enough that its not like before. Last time, the needles are pumped with so much electricity that it'll pump up and down, and my muscle will keep twitching non-stop. This time, its slightly better. It was painful, like a pincer's pinch. If its a punch, it'll be better. Its over a small tiny area, thats why the pain is so sharp.

Now, im still feeling it. She took out the needles and then started applying oil to my ankle. She pressed it super hardly! And then, she didnt warn me... and she started massaging like hell! I was yelling out for her name, like somebody on drugs, getting high. I couldnt take the pain, i kept shouting... and she told me that im still the same, such a big reaction. She remembered me because of my reaction towards her treatment. I couldnt stop moving. I was falling off the bed, and i told her so... hoping that she'll stop. But she knew that its an excuse, so she kept on massaging. She used so much strength. It felt extremely painful! Its like pouring salt on a fresh wound. Or if u have a knife cut, imagine taking a smaller knife and cutting deeper into the flesh. Its so painful! I wanted to shout till the roof falls. But well, i didnt. Because... im a man. I took it manly. But i yelled like a girl. Right...

She stopped and my right leg felt like its amputated. I felt so terrible! She wrapped it up and left. I laid there without moving... and then heard her screaming over. She was asking why im not wearing my shoes. Then, i realised that its all over! I took my socks and wore it, then my shoes. I walked out and sat down while she gave me some tablets. Last time, its medicine... and it tasted horrible! Now, its tablets... which are so much easier to swallow. Anyway, im used to swallowing. I mean, medicine.

I sat there, and she gave me MC for 3 days, which only last till Sunday. Who'll go to school on Sunday? Or even Saturday. Nevermind, i walked out and found a cab at the carpark.

Took the cab home, and now Chester is buying supper for me. Im so glad that with a foot like that, i have the priviledge of getting people to help me with things. But im thankful, and i seriously need them by my side. Im still thinking whether i should go to school tomorrow. And im worried, because im thinking how am i going to bath without touching water. I remembered wrapping my leg up with plastic bags back then. Its stupid...

I cant drink cold water. I cannot eat seafood, bean stuff which will include soya right? And i cannot... take chilli? I cannot take... what else? I cant remember. But just take whateva that its healthy. Its good enough...

So, its a tough fight, but with so much cost, its worth the victory. I hope that its someone else's turn next time! Im so evil.