Sunday, February 25, 2007

Shutting Down

Im home, and im very tired. Im so sorry, QingLun. But well, it turned out all fine. Its no wonder that people say that im always talking, but never doing. I promised him that i'll help him write a few pieces. In the end, i fell asleep because i was too tired. Anyway, JunRu couldnt make it suddenly, so... there was one missing ErHu part which ive written already. Then, theres an additional YangQin. So, composing would be tough since its not even settled. But still, i fell asleep because i was really too tired. If i wasnt, i will finish at least one piece, trust me.

I couldnt make it, i headed to bed. This morning, i woke up late, and rushed down to catch a cab to teach. So, i was late... and they had this huge dog. Her name is Veltrice, and she is only a beginner. I took out the Pipa, and talked to her about Pipa. I even lent her some CDs as well as a LiuDeHai DVD. I told her to listen more to Pipa music, to expose her ears to the different types of Pipa music. Well, passion must grow first, before theres space for more learning. Im not going to talk much about my lesson here. After teaching, i told her father, MrTan, to get a Pipa for her. And immediately, we went over to the warehouse, and chose a Pipa for her to practice. They bought it straight away, how cool. MrTan was talking to me about his plans, and his ideas... as well as his encouragement and admirable statements for me. He asked me a few questions, and with his business mind, he countered them with his own ideas. I noticed that my students are kinda rich, and thats a good thing, because there aint a financial obstacle to prevent them from learning. Well, i shall stop here.

MrTan dropped me at Bedok, as ive requested. There, i ate and slept at the market, waiting for QingLun. After waking up, to find myself so embarrassed to sleep in such a place, i headed to the interchange, and i slept there! I was really too tired. QingLun told me that he'll arrive in a few minutes, which turned out to be almost an hour. How nice?

When he arrived, the only thing that came from his mouth were words of disappointment. Well, he was scolding me for not finishing the composition. I kept quiet and gave him my reasons... and he kept going on. Typical of him! Always there to pinch people's wound.

We took the MRT together, instead of going his house intentionally, we headed to PasirRis and back to Bugis. I alighted there at Bugis, and he headed on for his SYCO aural class. Before alighting, saw Laurence and Midori.

I walked back, with pain... and then found myself a resting place in the computer lab. I thought of writing something out quickly, but since QingLun told me that its fine, i didnt. I headed to rest in the studio, but found no where comfortable enough. Then, Jonathan came and asked if im playing for QingLun. And he also said that MinHui and him will be taking a cab over, so asking whether i wanna go with them. I asked him to help move the YangQin too, and he was fine with it. Thanks, or else i wont be able to do it alone, thanks to my good old ankle.

Jasmine came with my persuasion. Well, she was studying for her coming exams, and i kept asking her... because QingLun needed a YangQin player, and i couldnt find anybody else! So, my suddenly thought of Jasmine, because she can play... though not as improvisatorially as others like ZhiNeng and Stanley, but she can play! So, she promised after a long persuasion. She was very nice to accept the money that QingLun wanted to give her. I told QingLun to give her $30, but she refused. Well, thats good. How nice right? Well, its so last minute and it aint fair for others like us, so... she refused. How generous, or how fake? Evil bear, dun think i dunno what ur up to... Im joking, and thanks for helping him out. He should thank u, not me. But, im so nice right? I thank u on his behalf. Im like so helpful?

In the end, we walked over to SMU from NAFA. Jonathan dragged the YangQin all the way there, while MinHui carried 2 Ruans. I was trying to catch up, and soon... we were there, with QingLun complaining about me again. Then, he told me that i'll be surprised on what kind of ocassion we'll be performing in. I thought that there'll be many people, but its another form of surprise... Its a teenager's party. U know, those funky type. So, we're totally like fishes out of water.

The soundcheck was horrible! It was so embarrassing! Thanks to MinHui and Jonathan who came up with their solo pieces and duets, which occupied almost half of the programme. As for me, i was finding it hard to hear myself, and to play accompanying figures. Well, the Ruans must really go learn how to improvise accompaniment. I cant really do it on the Pipa, in fact... it doesnt really sound that good on the Pipa, because the chords will sound clashing like QingLun have said.

After playing for some time, people started entering. Veltrice was still messaging me... and she told me that she was impressed by the old man's playing, LiuDeHai. Thats good to hear, she should be impressed anyway. I took my Pipa and got myself a place to rest. The party started with the MCs talking and the first programme, food! Jonathan was kinda normal, eagerly queueing up for his food. He wanted to take my curry! I allowed him to share it with me, but not to steal my drumstick. The food was good, and i sat with them on this high table. BeeKwee was sitting opposite me, and i hope that i didnt kinda freeze her with my lameness. But, im not the lamest, its QingLun! He and his not funny lame jokes. Soon, after eating and finding nothing for myself to drink, we headed to our playing area, and got ourselves prepared.

I insisted that we start our programme with the Ruans to chill off our hotter pieces later. We'll be playing some really hot pieces! We needed something to chill it down, so... the Ruans played first. MinHui played a solo, followed by Jonathan... then we started our first piece. After a few more, and we returned to the duet. We even wanted to get Alvin to solo, but he wasnt feeling quite used to my nails, so he didnt play. He almost did! Alvin was there at the party too. If ur wondering, its QingLun's sister's birthday party. Nothing to do with me, im just there for fun and for the performance. Jonathan rushed off after performing, and so we stayed on and played more games.

We were sitting in a circle, playing lame games and cracking lame jokes. As for me, suffering under the violence of MinHui and Jasmine, and QingLun's unpredictable BDSM mood. What is BDSM? I think its like some sex thing, meaning bondage, slave and master. I think its like that, and QingLun has this kinky fetish for it, thats why he likes to be mean at times suddenly.

After the cutting of the cake, we stayed on and continued talking and packing up. The cake was good, its the first few times of me eating a birthday cake. Well, i guess its the mood. Usually i wont be in such a good mood during birthdays. So, i ate the cake and left. QingLun's father drove us to school. We, 5 of us, were all cramping in the tiny car... and i was infront, because im the biggest of size. What an advantage, i didnt need to squeeze with them at the back. How nice right?

Kept the instruments, and we headed for a drink at the soya stall. There, we were all terrified by the cockroaches. They were huge, and the China uncle would help us kill them, and MinHui was the one who started the cockroach thingi because she was shouting. Jasmine was really nervous, she stood up from that time onwards till we left. The uncle then talked to us... telling us about cockroaches and the rats there. Of course, the cats too... and the pigeons and about Singapore... and stuff. Funny.

We left our own ways and now im home. I missed my stop, and managed to wake up in time to alight at the next one, or else i'll be so dead. I hate it overshoot, because im tired enough already...

Thats it, my eyes are shutting down. I havent been sleeping properly... and i have to rehearse tomorrow for 4 hours, and probably morning for CSCO. I need sleep seriously. Goodnight...