Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pouches Of Boredom

Im home, and Mom just fetched JunRu home, and alighted Dedric nearby to catch a cab. I just had my supper, and im thinking... when isit going to stop? The temptation is something that i'll never overcome.

I woke up late, and got Mom to fetch me down to school. When i reached, i called Mark, and he told me that he couldnt make it for the rehearsal. By the way, ZhengYi was having his lesson with JonathanFox. So, i kept my Pipa and thought of something else to do. I headed for harmony lecture, and i was late because i was having breakfast with Richard.

The lecture started already, and when i got in, its LianWei's presentation. I tried making him laugh, but it didnt work out well. Very soon, its Christoven's presentation, which turned out to be quite shocking. I cant believe how they did the video. It was pretty good, and more fun and exciting. I wanted to try playing, but i spared a thought for my own image, and i held on to myself. Audrey played, and she was so funny... laughing, screaming and talking hysterically. I told Evan to use her head to hit the blocks. Yes, by the way, its a game called Jenga, heard of it? It has a different name, but its roughly the same... only that uve to pick out blocks which have the notes pasted on them, according to the card u pick. The card will read the name of the chords, and we've to pick the blocks to form the chord, which will be placed at the top of the towering Jenga blocks. Get it? LianWei and i were laughing like mad, because Christoven was rushing with the slides, while ShuHan, being blur, looked so helpless with the rapid slides. And not forgetting Marie's set of balls and Eudora's bimbo acting...

Marie's group did the most interesting video. Its so good that its spoiling the common market. So free right? Do until so nice for what! But well, its really very nice. I loved the video, though im not as interested to the game as compared to the video. So... kinda balanced. I hate those questioning games, because they've done something similar with asking questions during the previous presentation last year. This time, its slightly different, but still... kinda similar. Its so stressing, what happens if i cannot answer the simple question? They asked about composers, periods, pieces and about harmony. As easy as it sounds, the answers are hardly found anywhere in my head.

I was later in the Percussion studio, with Fhairil, SiHan and Richard. We rehearsed through Fhairil's piece, and we were all laughing away and stuff. Fhairil was talking, but nobody listened... and next, we found him giggling away till he dropped. Its kinda nice, and i was making fun of SiHan's intonation and his awkward rhythm counting technique. He'll move his head like an Indian when he counts off beats. I sat there, and couldnt bear to keep quiet. I burst out loud.

ZhengYi and LuHeng came in, and he told us that the composition exam's performing section has been cancelled. I was delighted, though disappointed that ive spent so much energy and time into it. Actually, ive rehearsed only once, but i treated my musicians to an expensive lunch. But well, its alright... nevermind. Im so happy, i started shouting with joy. Fhairil was sad because he wanted people to listen to his piece. So, we ran through once for ZhengYi and gang to listen. But, they were hastily chasing us off because they wanted to practice their piece.

I took Jonathan's thumbdrive and copied his work into the computer, for my own reference. Then, i kept asking him for help with my music technology homework. Ive completed one for now, and still left with one set of worksheets. Im so screwed? There are more things to worry about. One of which would be my history assignments, which was due like last year! And one which was due yesterday. Im so dead right? I know, thanks for rubbing in.

I had lunch with SiHan before heading for the rehearsal. We skipped tutorial just to practice Fhairil's piece, and im so busy with the performance too. I think im so dead, because i still have some slots to complete. The history lectures are divided into many different time slots, and ive to complete at least 12 or 15 slots. Each will be a presentation on a certain paper, regarding different issues. My question was answered in an essay a few weeks ago, and we've to complete the essay one month after. So, Fairul, we've to finish it up before 13 March.

I think ive still 4 more to attend. Im dead, screwed. However, i saw Fairul's once, and i think he is in deeper shit. Anyway, lunch with SiHan was fine. I ate the same old thing i had earlier with Richard. I think the Indian man gave me the wrong change. Good for me anyway, i ordered extra noodle, but it came with the same amount... and he even told that its more expensive because it has more noodle. What the hell? In the end, he gave me the wrong change and so... he charge me at a normal rate. I kept quiet, because he shouldnt charge me extra at all... there wasnt a single bit of extra noodle!

The rehearsal was fine, and during the performance, it was better. We were all so tired, and bored of the 18 similar pieces. The singer sung beautifully, and it sounded so much better during the performance. MrYeo's cue was slightly better too. The singer did drag the tempo, but it wasnt quite serious because we played slowly. While waiting backstage during the interval, as well as the Zheng and Piano accompaniment part, i sat around backstage, playing a fool.

I played the Pipa with Michelle, and realised that her ShiMianMaiFu isnt the full version. Anyway, the LiuDeHai version is the shortest already. HaiJie asked about some Pipa techniques. I think he has changed since entering into NAFA. He is very polite, friendly and humble nowadays. Thats a good change. For real or not, im not sure. Probably its the power of love.

After the performance, i was very tired. QingLun asked me to go soya stall for a drink. So, i told Rit to go home himself. Who knows? While waiting for ShuMin and gang, QingLun suddenly said that he has to go home early. I stood up almost immediately and left. Im not angry, because i dun have the rights to, but im just disappointed. I followed Rit, and walked with him halfway, then i realised that Mom is fetching me, so i walked back to school. I sat there, and the security guard was smiling at me, with his ugly cheeky smile, and staring at me while i sat on his chair. I rolled about and ignored his presence.

I sat there, and people came and went. JunRu and Dedric asked if i can give them a lift, and so i did. I hope they enjoyed the company of my Mom. She was really auntie, and told Dedric and JunRu stupid stuff. I think its funny...

Before leaving for home, i sat with Christoven. He was very dull. He told me that he's sad about his pieces. Its hard for the Piano part, and the Pianist doesnt practice. I can understand. Its not their piece, u see... so, its obvious that they dun practice the accompaniment piece more than their own solo pieces.

Evan scolded me just now, and told me that she wont give me chocolates anymore. Please! I told her that i'll treat them to lunch one day. Well, its worth more than those expected frog chocolates! I dunno, but i think Evan hates me... because she keeps picking on me. Whateva i do, she'll dislike. Its so hard being me.

Jamaludin, the lecturer for the dance department just sent me the schedule. And moreover, its not a fixed schedule. Im not sure whether it clashes with my exams or not. I hope not! But, there'll be a rehearsal this coming Thursday. Im so nervous...

I gave my gig performance to QingLun. How nice of me right? Well, what are friends for. For what i know, they are not punchbags. Get it right!

Right, i better rush off to finish up my composition. So, see u guys. Anyway, WeiLing, who will be graduating soon from ShangHai, just told me that she wanna interview me. Its regarding her thesis, and she'll need information from Pipa players in Singapore. Thanks to her for even choosing me! Im flattered. No reason to be actually.