Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Rose

The envious rose blushes with jealousy red. It lies in the bed, amid the glooming sunlight, along with other roses. Its petals darken, and falls onto the earth, where it will wrinkle and dust with the aid of time, just like its companion. Many have turned dull, losing its hue to the colour of emptiness. Now, a stranger passes by. He noticed the little rose, dying in need for deliverance. Out of forbearance and sadness, the stranger gently picks up the rose in crimson red. However, it bestowed the stranger with a bite. Its thorn pricked his finger, and a stain of blood dropped unto the ground. He gave up on such beauty, and pondered on how baleful a blissful looking rose can be. The rose was then left on the floor, a distance away from its bed. There, it was left alone... to fade.

Last year, i waved goodbye to that smile. It was a lonely day that year, and a year before, of today. Its been 3 years, but today should be considered the best. My relationships are always between this days. Ive never been out on a date on Valentine'sDay before. Well, its all over before it reaches this very day. Im fine, thanks for the gifts, the thoughts, the concern and the loving. I think im blessed to have u by my side all this time. Its been a really long time with u, and ive learned to appreciate ur presence more everyday. When im happy, ur happy for me. When im sad, u provide me a shoulder to lean on. Ur my support, and of course... my one and only. But, its impossible for me to wanna stay with u forever. Its possible between us, but i do not wish so. If i can find my own happiness, u will too.

Love is in the air, but im rooted deep into the dullness of earth, ive no air to breath. This coming year will be slightly more emotional than before. Many activities will come, and many friends and foes to encounter. Im sure that it will not be the year for my heart to blossom. Covered in piles of paper, i can never find myself again... Time is flying fast, and faster each time when i think of it. Ive nothing to lose, but ive nothing to gain either.

I'll skip whateva that happened in the afternoon.

I bathed and headed down to school to complete my part on the harmony presentation. Well, they were all performing, and so... YinXuan and i were practicing. I went through the piece which i'll be performing with LimChooLi next Thursday, and i tried my best memorising the entire piece. I must say that its still kinda loosely stuck in my head, im sure i can somehow figure it out tomorrow during rehearsal.

Finally, after wasting time, YongRui and EeWei came. He showed us the slides, and im surprised that its all done already! Well, i must admit that ive not done anything to contribute at all. But well, i wanna be involved, but somehow... there was nothing for me to do. I think its because of my performances, and that day when im sick and stuff. Im not sure, but well... im kinda sad, yet happy that its complete. I'll do the animation tomorrow, and i'll buy the gifts for the quiz. The topic is small, and i'll cover the quiz section, which will eventually be the summary of the whole presentation.

After that, i headed back to practice, though actually thought of going to eat with Christoven, SiHan and others. Evan went home i think. Thanks to her for getting me those chocolates and that card which ive expected already. Read my previous entry, and u'll understand what i mean. Its always the same chocolate, but im thankful of course. No complaints! Its not a complain. Jwen will get me roughly the same thing too. Anyway, the card which Evan gave me was written for 'RichieChoo', which is my sidekick name for Christoven's 'WhampoaHilton'. She told me to have fun with WhampoaHilton. Well, i will.

I asked Jonathan if EricWatson said anything about me or mentioned about me during class. Im worried that i might need to repeat or something. My attendance was kinda poor, i think... because of the harmony lecture the other time. But well, theres effort... which i hope he'll recognise for the last time. Jonathan told me that he didnt mention anything, and he even asked him to seek help from others regarding his work with Sona. Ive done Sona before, and i hate it!

Before i left, i greeted goodbye, because i was feeling happy. I said bye to Jonathan, but he didnt reply, or maybe i was too soft. Well, i wanna be peaceful, thats all.

Just came home from supper at my auntie's stall... i should sleep now, but i feel like watching a movie before heading to bed.

The stranger walked back. Not with a vengeful spirit, but to place the dying rose back into its bed, where it should fade in peace. With love, he left. The rose now stands alone in the bed, crimson red to dreary black.