Friday, February 02, 2007

Moribund

Im trying to do something about my composition. Well, last night... i managed to write out a minute or so for my composition. Well, the problem is... i only have it in the computer, how am i going to show DrGoh? Moreover, its in another software that the school doesnt have. Im so dead right? Anyway, im going off to finish up some parts... so, i'll make this quick.

I woke up late. I was 10 minutes late for lesson. YanYu was carrying Angela, and talking to her. I watched as she spoke in English to the baby, and her maid. Its pretty wierd. She's from China u see... and for her standard, her English should be considered very good already. She spoke fluently, but it just sounded strange to my ears... maybe im just not used to it. Well, i was playing... then suddenly, i had the urge to shit! I felt so bad, i went to use her toilet.

Mom fetched me to school, and i managed to reach there in time for some self practice before performing. Well, there wasnt much time either. I didnt go through many parts, just made sure that my Pipa wont go out of tune. Anyway, i played the piece several times already, so... im quite sure how things go. First up was Anthea, then followed by JunRu and QingLun. I was next...


Anthea was my page turner. I used her score instead of the one i stole. Her score belongs to a different version, so... i had to base on my own memory to improvise on the score. Well, there were many parts which didnt turn out to be how i wanted it to be. Anyway, i felt extremely uncomfortable playing up there. The chair is always too high, and it sounds bad and dry. I dunno... maybe im being over sensitive. ShuMin played the same old piece again, the one she'll be playing for her exams. I gave comments for ShuMin and Anthea, and i think that they should go listen out and check out on the history of their pieces. I wonder if they do that... because its important. As for mine, ive got comments from ShuMin that my sound wasnt clean. I agree to that, but its partly the Pipa's fault too... the tone of the first string is rather... crispy, thats how we call it in Chinese. Stay calm, no fried chickens here. Also recieved comments that my sound floats. Another thing would be that it sounds beautiful, but i think thats not a compliment.

I skipped tutorial, and headed for lunch with Dedric, Anthea and QingLun. They were like rushing off, except for Anthea. The first to leave was QingLun, because he has to attend DrKan's class. Dedric has to go teach, therefore he left before Anthea and i headed for soya. Its the first time that im spending time talking to Anthea. We talked about Pipa stuff... about teachers like LiuYan, YanYu, YuJia and others. Well, then i asked if she's going China. She's not.

Im kinda distracted now, i dun really feel like blogging...

Anyway, after that... i headed back to school to get my Pipa. Flagged a cab and headed to Regent Hotel.

I was early, in fact... very early. I sat at the lounge and listened to my songs. The hotel looked really run down from outside. But trust me, its fucking beautiful inside! It has this Indian kinda influence. The lounge looked so royal, with huge cushions, and displays of historical artifacts and stuff. I loved the ambience there, eventually... i fell asleep. After dreaming for a long time, i woke up because i felt somebody getting close. JiaJin arrived, and he sat beside me. I talked to him about my composition, and asked for some LiuQin's techniques, its capabilities, its limits and its acoustic values. Well, actually... i do know how it'll sound, but i just dun think it'll produce the sound i want. Actually, i dunno what i really want. I just want it to blend well with the rest. After talking about my composition and LiuQin stuff, we saw YongSoon carrying something and walking up the stairs. We moved along and joined them.

We were sent to this waiting area. There, i put on my coat and wore my nails. I warmed up and tuned my Pipa, which YanJun borrowed to practice. There was nothing much to do, other than to rehearse when the conductor comes.

So, we gathered at the ballroom... with our instruments, and i realised that YanJun didnt bring the Pipa scores! Its alright, i borrowed a pen and copied the score onto a piece of paper. I took the conductor's score and flipped through it. I could remember most parts, though ive only played it once, so... i managed to copy the score in a short period before MikeChiang wanna rehearse it. MrChiang wore a black shirt with a black singlet inside, very different from his usual style. Anyway, we went through the piece, finding still some parts unsure of their entrance and stuff. Well, just count!

We headed for dinner at their staff's canteen. Its like some really ugly and horrible looking place, but still... of some standard at least. The dinner is in some kinda buffet style. Almost like in prison, just that we help ourselves with the food. I took some potato and egg salad, rice, vegetable and a cup of soft drink. I didnt feel quite good after eating, because it doesnt taste good actually. JiaJin just told me over MSN that he's feeling unwell, probably its because of the food. Well, not yet for mine, but i think it'll come soon...

Everybody got themselves changed, except for the girls. They didnt change earlier... and they took so much time changing. We were all seated in the ballroom, except for a few girls. When the VIP arrived, we werent in time to perform the fanfair piece, because nobody was there. MrChiang looked extremely anxious and angry. I told him to chill... and YongSoon was sitting there, staring at blankness. MrChiang stood around... looking into his scores and some little programme booklet for the night's event. I could tell that he was pissed with the girls because they didnt get themselves ready beforehand. They should have changed in advance, especially right after dinner... other than sitting there and chatting away.

I told YiLeng about my composition, and well... their timetable in NUS is kinda different, and im not sure whether they can make it, and it wouldnt be nice if they were to skip lesson just to play for my composition exam right? I'll be asking ChaiXia too, but today... i asked XuYang just in case. If not, i'll get MinHui to play. As for the YangQin, i would prefer YiLeng to play, or else... HaoSong. Its the problem with trust... because i heard some stories...

We sat there and waited for the speeches to end. There was this friendly speech from this nice looking old lady, and an impromptu speech by the ambassador from China. His speech was kinda choppy and boring. Anyway, after the second dish, which was sharkfins... we started performing all 3 pieces in one goal. I was so glad that we ended fast... and we took our instruments and left from the back. In every hotel, no matter how glamorous it may look, backstage, its always ugly and messy.

Moved the instruments into the bus and left for AngMoKio after alighting a few people at Takashimaya. I was so tired, i listened to some music and fell asleep... while YongSoon and gang were busy chatting and laughing.

At the CC, we did a human chain and moved the instruments off the bus, so that the driver may go home earlier. I stored the Pipa at the CC, and walked home.

Mom left for Malaysia already, so no more supper for me. In fact, its already time to stop eating! Indeed, i should start eating grass tomorrow. Im going for NUSCO's rehearsal tomorrow, and Anthea would be going down too. So exciting. I'll be hearing the Pipa concerto too. Great!

I feel so tired, i think im on the edge of death. So steep, one step may be so fatal to even think about. Im falling...