Sunday, February 11, 2007

Satiety

I just came home from Chinatown. Well, i went there with Mom just now. Im really tired now, but i'll go off to play some games with LianWei before heading to bed. Thats later...

I woke up later, because i need not go down to help move the instruments. Its CSCO's performance at Esplanade again! Ive performed thrice for the monthly BeautifulSunday performances. Well, it could have been 4 times, but due to my competition last month, i didnt help out in NYPCO. So, i wanted to go down and take the bus to Esplanade with them. Well... it was kinda too late, because i didnt prepare earlier. So, Mom was nagging as she fetched me down to Esplanade.

I took my Pipa and entered through the stage door. I saw ChaoYuan and he asked about my foot. Well, many people were shocked to see me with my POSB umbrella. Anyway, i think that its kinda cool with the umbrella. Back then, i just walked like that... with support from the wall, pillars, poles and friends. Well, with my umbrella... im stronger! I took the umbrella and threw my weight around...

Im joking! Im not that evil. But thanks to people like JiaJin, ChaiXia and Alvin, who initiated to help me, instead of needing me to seek for somebody to help me get my clothings, instrument, scores and stuff. Well, i warmed up slightly, and prepared myself for the rehearsal.

We were all dressed, seated and listened to MikeChiang, our conductor, telling us his plan for the rehearsal. So, the first piece for the concert will be the quintet piece. Its so... exciting. Well, i hoped that it'll be in between, because i dun wanna start off so fresh yet. I prefer playing something soloistic after having enough warming up with the orchestral pieces. But well, since its planned... i shall just stick with it. I got no good feelings about the quintet piece... and apparently, i think it affected me on stage too.

MrChiang conducted and went through the more severe pieces. Severe? Yes! Its really severe... everybody sounded really raw. We've rehearsed it through so many times already... but, at Esplanade, it sounded so different. Firstly, its the arrangement, the seating... and secondly, maybe they werent quite used to the sound. I couldnt sit properly because the chair was too high. I adjusted the chair, and tried finding a comfortable spot, but i couldnt. YouGuo sat beside me, while JiaJin and his LiuQins on my right. Anyway, i think the arrangement looked quite messy. The Piano was kinda blocking Alvin and YanJun. Anyway, the Piano... it reminds me of what i wanna say. Sharon, she played the Piano, and the Dizi for the performance. I know its difficult to play the Harp part on the Piano, but... she should at least practice it enough. So, MrChiang tried sticking with the tempo, but she was just too distracted by the huge chunk of chords on her scores. She just kept going on with her own free time, with slight conscience of whats going on, but not listening well enough to whats going on around. So, she was dragging the whole orchestra down. I could tell that MrChiang was kinda pissed, but he controlled, because she is a girl... u see... Anyway, it was really bad! She didnt count, and she kept nodding her head... like she understood. Probably she knew what she has to do, but just cant do it practically. YouGuo and i kept exchanging glances...

During lunch, i ate alone. I clambered around with my umbrella, and found nothing else to do other than to eat. After eating, i headed back to the stage. There, i met LaiWeng, and i went through the Pipa parts to ensure that she'll remember them. She's still unsure of the parts, and she planned to skip some harder parts. Well, its alright... Before going on stage, i was sitting there practicing with her. Then, while preparing at the backstage, FuKang was moving about so much that it was making me nervous. We were laughing and joking, and recalling the past performances. I remembered back then the whole hall was packed! Today, its packed too, but with a few empty seats. Just a few...

The performance on stage was freaky. I was nervous, because i wasnt confident with the score. The repeat signs and stuff were making me confused. I know, i dun usually get so easily affected with the scores. But, it was different. I played so many times... but yet i just cant get it right! On stage, i stunned there... because i couldnt get where im playing... it was a terrible experience, because its only a quintet. So, my sound is important just like the rest.

Finally, the whole performance is over. I didnt help out with the instruments. I got myself packed up and left with ChaiXia. We met up with Jasmine outside the stage door. I used my umbrella and knocked on her head.

Jasmine carried my Pipa, and we left for the bus-stop. Met WeiMing there, and so... we took bus 56 together. WeiMing headed somewhere else after alighting and walking to NAFA with us. I kept the Pipa in the studio, and we headed to Bugis.

It was so crowded... we had to walk the long way round. I was so tired, and i think i stressed too much on my ankle. Once we're at Bugis, we headed to Pastamania. Ive been eating there too often! It must end! No more, please. Chester was working there and he gave us 30% off... which saved us $6 plus. Anyway, had a great time there... and Jasmine kept asking me whats wrong with Jonathan and i. Well, long story... u go enjoy the entries that ive posted since a few weeks ago. Anyway, im too tired to explain everything over again...

After heading back to school alone, i tried searching for some links that might help in our history presentation. Fairul is so hard to contact. He doesnt pick up his phone, neither does he answer his messages. I feel so... pissed off. Anyway, i found some links, but tomorrow i'll have to rush the paper, and probably do it in slides form... because we'll be using some examples to aid in our presentation. We'll be presenting about contemporary pieces that has crossed cultural influeces. I thought about some Pipa pieces with quartets, or some recordings that i have. But somehow, its still within the Western context. Dun u think so? Its a tricky thing, we'll be discussing pieces that are Western, but with cultural influences from world music. So, its still Western pieces that we've to find. I hope Fairul wont disappoint me again... Its going to be tough!

Played games with Christoven and SiHan. Christoven was winning all the time, because he was using his favourite character. Its so hard to win him, he is such a bitch! Anyway, SiHan was losing like crazy, and he lost to me too... then he started getting... excited somehow. He kept wanting to win me, so... i gave him and allowed him to win. Then, he wasnt happy... he started doing his nipple game. U know? SiHan has been kinda corrupted, he likes to pinch nipples! How disgusting right? A caveman... and the idea of pinching nipples just dun mix well. SiHan... u must be purged!

Headed to Chinatown with Mom, and she brought me shopping after she had her dinner. I was so sleepy, i was sleeping while she ate. Well, saw some jackets that looked kinda cool, but just cant find the right size. Anyway, i insisted that i go buy CDs. She walked over with me, and i think it works because of my ankle. She was willing to buy CDs for me. I took out a few CDs, but figured that she'll start complaining... so, i kept some back. I bought Sandy's best hits and some acoustic pop songs. I think its rather cool... I love Sandy's songs, somehow i just have this vague memory of her singing which dwelled deep in my ears. Somehow they are really familiar... and i love them!

Im home now... and feeling kinda sad actually. Im wondering... is history repeating itself on me again? Its always people who affects my relationships with others. Somehow, i feel very displeased with the repetition of such events. I hope not... but... well, its hard to predict.

LianWei told me that he'll see me after 2 hours. Well, its only an hour gone. It takes me an hour to blog everyday. So stressing right?


Carbohydrates, especially the starchy ones like pasta and potatoes, provide a feeling of satiety, both physiologically and psychologically. Its no wondering im feeling very sick of Pastamania. Same goes to people like donkey, enough is enough.