Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Illusionist

The story sweeps you past the crux, which is at once forgotten because you need to keep up with what is being said, not lose the plot by meditating on what has passed. Thats the whole deciet, Christoven and i were cheated by this movie that we just watched at MarinaSquare. Apparently, the twist really twisted everybody's head. Its not that simple, which i first thought... because how complicating can something so already complicated can be? Well, next time... if u watch a film like that, please do not get swept away by the storyline, do not miss out on the crux!

I woke up earlier today, and rushed down to school for harmony meeting. Strangely, a handicapped person like me got there first. I was considered late, but... they came later. YongRui came, and then afterwards, EeWei. We didnt go through anything, we started straight away... there wasnt anything said or planned. I think thats quite bad, because im kinda confused. I hoped that we can do some games instead of presenting. How dreadful presentations are... Do u remember my presentation with Christoven and LianWei? Well, what caused for such outcome? Its poor leadership! By whom? I darent say... for that im afraid i might get beaten up... its embarrassing to beaten up by a butch nowadays. That was rather random, no implications on anybody!

I left after doing a few examples on Sibelius. I took my time to walk over to meet Christoven. We headed for McDonalds, but found it too crowded, same went for KFC. In the end, we headed to PasirRis to have our lunch.

We took the MRT, and Christoven's mother took his EzLink card with her to Batam. Thats kinda lame right? Why would she need the card for? So, poor Christoven had to buy standard tickets. He was very kind, he carried my Pipa for me for the whole day! I know, it must have felt terribly heavy, because the Viola is so much lighter. Moreover, its not some cheap Pipa, its those heavier types.

While eating McDonalds at PasirRis, i met up with Raymond and did the exchange. Thanks so much, Raymond. Anyway, i ate that same burger again! Prosperity indeed! Im going to prosper. In which sense? U figure.

DrMai told me not to drink cold drinks, but i couldnt take it! I had to... I know, im a bad boy. Spank me!

Soon, i headed down and this guy greeted me. I dun quite remember him, but he knew me somehow. I learned that his name is Thomas. Nice to meet him. HaoSong was on the cab then, and he's late. DongXiao came, and i was surprised! I didnt know that she'll be playing. ShuMin will be playing for the other slot, because she couldnt make it for the afternoon performance. I stood in, though kinda unwillingly. I had to wear this green coloured Chinese costume.

We flipped open the score, and shared the YangQin score, because ShuMin took the Pipa score away. What for? I dunno. Anyway, HaoSong and my improvisation is kinda different. The YangQin is more versatile, and his chords are richer than mine, it has more variation to it. As for Pipa, theres a restriction, or at least... a limitation to what we can do as accompaniment. In fact, i think the Pipa doesnt quite suit the role as an accompaniment at times. So, i kept asking HaoSong to tune the mike for the Pipa louder. I couldnt hear myself, because the YangQin was blasting away... I felt so uncomfortable, because i couldnt hear whether im playing in tune or not. Moreover, whether im playing the right tonal colour.

Soon, the performance ended, and i walked over to meet up with Christoven. He carried my Pipa for me and we headed towards Cityhall. Though with my umbrella, i felt that my ankle has healed slightly. I can walk better now... but still having problems climbing up and down the steps. Especially downwards. So, i'll prefer it if u guys can push me down the stairs. That'll help, great, thanks.

We saw this guy wearing this really huge earrings. It was freaky! Plus that face... Anyway, then there was this Caucasian, who had this really deep eyes. I told Christoven that i'll punch myself till i get eyes like him.

Anyway, we got to Cityhall. We were kinda confused with what we were planning to do. Then, i remembered that Christoven wanted to go over to MarinaSquare for a walk. So, we headed to MarinaSquare, and found nothing to watch at the cinema. We then took our time, stopping at various shops while walking towards Suntec. At the cinema there, we didnt find anything to watch either! Trust me, its really tiring! We spent a long time walking... really long! Imagine with my walking speed... he has to carry my Pipa for me and walk at the same speed that im walking... We took at least an hour plus to get to 2 places. We were really tired already... Its like viewing life at a slower pace. He said that its good to stop by and walk at such pace once in a while. Thanks so much to Christoven for trying to understand!

We headed to the foodcourt and bought ourselves a filling meal. After chatting and crapping... we found ourselves more enegertic. With the amount of energy, we walked back to MarinaSquare. We shopped and tried finding clothes that might suit SiHan. Then, i thought... with his kinda look, i think Timberland would fit him best. Or things like CamelActive and other similar brands... Anyway, we went back to the cinema and my grandpa called. Shit! Im supposed to have reunion dinner. Shit! Ive forgotten totally about it! I felt so super bad. Anyway, its kinda too late to rush down. Christoven went to buy the movie tickets already... I stood there and started regretting why i would forget the dinner. I slapped myself really hard till my jaw dropped down. Im joking... obviously.

With the 2 hours of waiting. We headed to a Japanese restaurant, and started bitching. Suddenly, our rhythm started to pump up to a climax. Dun u think so? At first... our day started out really bad and boring. Suddenly, we've got so much to do! At the restaurant, i saw this sweet candy. Anyway, thats not the gist... we bitched alot. He asked about Jonathan, and i told him everything... starting from scratch. Of course missing out on many details... because im really tired of repeating the whole entire story. From my point of view, he could understand whats going on. He shared his experiences with me... and told me about his friends as well. Well, there are people like that, they are leeching donkeys. A terrible breed. As ive said before, im very reflective. I treat people how they treat me. Evan always scold me, so i always scold her. See! Thats the Newton's law. Did u guys learn physics? Its the same rule. It applies in my life... as an element of my principles.

Anyway, i told Christoven that im not going to be so evil. If the donkey wanna fall, i'll make sure the donkey fall hard on its donkey butt. Im very nice, i'll make sure it'll fulfill its purpose. Die donkey, die.

After chatting for so long... the waitress couldnt take it, she came forward and asked us for our orders. Can u imagine? We sat there and chatted for so long... and i think i drank like 3 cups of iced water, while he drank like at least 4 cups of tea. Its so terrible of us. Christoven was like taking his own sweet time ordering his dessert. I asked for the proportion before ordering... and so, he ordered this green tea flavoured ice-cream with some dumplings and red bean paste. As for me, iced chocolate milk with soft ice-cream float. Mine was more worth the money! We ate for really long, just to kill the 2 hours. It worked! We sat there for a very long time...

Then, we analysed a musician's life. Well, we are rather different from simple people. Firstly, we're wierd. Secondly, we're wierd. And thirdly, but not least, we're really wierd. So, we are people who thinks deeper, and analyse things deeper too. We aint that simple from people around... i think.

Anyway, after watching the movie... i headed home already.

Raymond told me that his Pipa smelled wierd. I told him that its my sweat smell. He was like... dots. Im joking anyway! I wrapped his Pipa up with a clothe because it kept knocking around in the casing. He also mentioned that the head looked different. So, i explained everything to him. Well, that time there was this crack... and so, i told KunRui to change the whole head just in case next time if the crack gets bigger. The whole head might then come loose and tuning would be a great problem by then. So, i paid for the head, which is what i should have done anyway. Raymond told me that he'll be learning Pipa soon under YuJia. Im glad that he's thinking differently. He's always doing things that are different. He wanna learn the inner things about Pipa, and how he can blend them with the Western ensemble. Thats something different... and he mentioned that Pipa would be hot in Europe. True, but i think its actually hot before. He also mentioned that he wanna get into MDC. Well, me too! He's worrying now, because he doesnt have any body problems. I told him that i can help him... and he asked how...

I'll break ur leg for u! And u help break mine? Be fair.

Mom is shouting now. Ive to go... entertain her need for me to help her bring the clothings in. Im so badly injured but yet...

Nevermind... my leg doesnt matter. The clothings are more important! Its a matter of life and death! See u guys tomorrow, if u guys are coming to watch my performance at Esplanade.

I feel so bad, because im the real illusionist.