Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Born To Try

Today was the Choir test . And i passed ... many people failed , especially the year 1s . All the MOE teachers failed ... I was lucky i passed . Actually i know my stuff quite well , and i can sing loud , unless its the higher notes . Another factor is because i got LuHeng beside me . LuHeng is a composition student in my class ... we'll usually call him "composer composer" ... and then he'll give a real weird face , the usual one . Anyway , LuHeng is in Bass3 , so u imagine how low he can go , actually his normal talking range is already very low ...

After Choir , Audrey and i went to play at the computer lab . We played the Ju-On game again , and Audrey is still scared . I showed YiFan and gang ... YiFan is an MOE ErHu player in Year 2 . Anyway after that was Chinese Ensemble . I was late and my excuse was that i had stomachache . I played badly , i didnt practice my part . Everything was alright except for mine , thats what MrYeo said . TingTing came back with a total makeover ... i was shocked .

Today i wore my new sweater , i think it makes me look plump . Anyway , then people said that i look punky . I thought so ... but no , thats not what i wanna be . I just wanna be me ... the WeiKang . Samuel and Audrey wrote me a song ... ? It sounded very sad , and i asked why was it so sad ... and Samuel replied , thats the point .

I think when babies are born , they are exposed to many different things . Many fresh new paths that a growing child can choose . Its partly up to him , and his parents . I think everyone is born to try . We took our first step many years ago ... and we tried , but it was by our parents . After so many years , we are already grown ups , still growing though . We now choose what we wanna try . Some chose to walk the academic path , some chose arts and some chose sports . Others chose to remain single , while some chose to be engaged . Some arent really committed because they cant be bothered , while some chose to be one-hearted to only someone special . Its all decisions , all ours . We choose what we like and not what we dun ... but sometimes , there are things that only god can choose . Some are born with a missing limb , while some are born blind . Who can make such decisions ? Its not up to us to decide . Which parent may want their kids to be handicapped ? Who will wanna suffer alone ... ? Nobody wants , but in reality , someone will . Its not to us now , even when we are grown adults ... its up to god alone to make such decisions . So we are fortunate that we arent the chosen ones ... we are normal . Who wants to stand out from the normal people ? Who wants to be special ? Sometimes , being normal is something we all wish for , even for someone big . I bet Micheal Jackson wished that he is a normal kid ... going back through his normal life ... he wished , he wished ... For me , im born to try , and i will not let this advantage go to waste . Seize it !