Monday, October 31, 2005

Need Sleep

Well , i havent slept since i started on my portfolios on saturday afternoon . Ive been doing my work for more than 12 hours non-stop . And i had 12 hours of rehearsal and performance outside . I think i wouldnt be sleeping today again ... a total of 2 days already . My record was 3 days ...

Anyway , the performance just now was great and indeed very fun . I love to play "LongTengHuYue" because it somehow is like building tension throughout . I love to slam and strum my Pipa like there is no limit . I remembered playing this piece in ACS before , 2 years ago , with Alastair and Samuel , only 3 of us . The mood was intensifying and i was indeed thrilled . I wanted to ask Fhairil to come watch since he lived so near , and moreover there is this percussion piece , however , i think he is very busy doing his work , so i didnt bother him . My fingers are swollen now ... i dunno why . Anyway , im feeling so tired now . Shagged ... the performance really drained all my energy , i dun think i can survive through tonight without sleeping .

Without any worries , im sailing smoothly with my work . Im only left with one journal which requires the StanlySadie book , which i left in school . And parts of the portfolio 2 ... because i cannot find any work about my chosen composer . DrKan gave me this weird composer by the name of Herbenstreit Pantaleon . His achievements on the creation of the instrument Pantaleon is far more greater than his composed works . Im so fed about , she didnt even wanna change my composer for me , and she insisted that i should work on this composer , maybe its because of the instrument . Its plucked-string afterall ... She gave me many citations on where i can find information about Herbenstreit , but i havent gone there to check , in fact i think i lost her mail .

Im so dead ... ? Or im still fine and safe ... ?

I think i talk more about the performance just now . Its the official opening of the CC , therefore the Prime Minister is here . I performed for him twice before , once in Nanyang Poly and the other is like today . We were really enjoying ourselves while we waited for him to listen to us , privately . The press and reporters were around , flashing their cameras wheneva the PM talks or mention something to someone or with someone . I played with Nicholas' Pipa because i think that the Pipas over at CSCO really cannot make it anymore ... though how strongly Mike emphasised that it all came from China , handpicked , and very good and expensive , of course . However , i think he is blinding himself with his own talking ...

Im so excited about travelling overseas to perform now .