Thursday, October 20, 2005

Devils In The Heart

Canons ... what are canons . Well , previously , i couldnt find anything for its citation . Now , ive plenty and i think im rather prepared for my topic for presentation tomorrow . The problem is that ... im afraid i might just forget what ive rehearsed just now .

Im so shagged . Only Harmony tutorials , true , but there are many things to do . I first played for the performance at the Theatre and i think i suck . I think im rotting more and more ... i cant even play things that i use to play . Anyway , after that i rehearsed Dedric's composition with Raymond on the Ruan . Next , it was Laurance's composition , a very unique one indeed . Many unplayable stuff , but i managed to go through with him and changed some stuffs ... suggested on techniques and some change of notes . His piece is unique in a way that its more abstract then others . His ideas were from deep inside , only after his explanation then i caught his motive . His intention though is there , but i dun think the Pipa can effectively picture the image he wants . Nevermind ... i hope i dun let them both down ... and hope they wont fail !

Guess now u know why im tired . I took a very long bus ride , from school to Bishan then to YioChuKang . Bus 851 is crowded and very stuffy ... so i would rather sit in a longer ride with less people and air-con .

WeiFeng just sent me those pictures that he took for me at Esplanade Outdoor . I need more photos of me performing ... I dunno how to tell people to help take , but when the photos are out , it doesnt look like those that i want .

My Pipa second string snapped , thanks to Audrey who tried to tune it back after knocking it on the Piano stool ...

To think of it , ive only very little time left . There is no time for me to slack anymore . Ive to rush my work and portfolios ! I think the only way is to copy from the seniors ... how they did it . Copy and copy and copy !

Anyway Laurance's piece is called "Devils In The Heart" . Very attractive title isnt it ? The piece is roughly about how a depressed person thinks from his inner mind . In the piece itself , he used alot of ideas of potraying different texture and quality of sound to fit his ideas . I kinda think its very logical and very abstract at the same time . What a farrago of both elements ...