Friday, November 18, 2005

Heart Of Fire

Finally , the results for History and StudySkills are out today . And everybody gathered around DrKan as she busily spoke to everyone , individually about their work and how they did . She was very strict and dramatic today , or as usual ? Today , she chided and rebuked a few suspects for plagiarising . She emphasized heavily on plagiarism and she is very serious about such issues . Well , she wrote essays and articles about certain subjects , and its obvious that plagiarism is a serious offence that writers or artists may take . YongRui got scolded , and i think she dun believe that YongRui did everything himself , without copying anybody's work . Well , i personally think that its hard not to lend ur work to ur friends who are in need . Keep it to ourselves and not help them , especially those like YongRui who did thier work only on the last minute . I stayed up for 3 days without sleep of more than 3 hours , just to complete my Journals and PortFolios . My results are satisfactory , and i think i did well . However well , there is space for better marks . DrKan said that ive to be consistent in my response and should have a hunger for additional sources . Maybe she thinks that how i view music as a whole isnt quite positive , thus she introduced me to some different sources that will show me eye-opening perspectives about music . Ive to develop a keeness for precision and concision , and though the texts may not have direct relevance to my area of study , i shall benefit to travel through the detail to find ideas that can enlarge and compliment the perception of Chinese music history . After all that , she told me my average result for History . Ive 72 for my PortFolio , 68 for Journals and 73 for my exam paper . On average , ive scored a 70 for my History .

Im back on my depressing mode ? No im not ... im just ... bored . Boredom may somehow reflect abit of depression in somebody's eyes , doesnt it ? Well , i think im wasting money , and im throwing money away like mud . I must stop spending so much . Ive spent $21 on taxi fares , $60 on my wants , and not mentioning the needs . So i shall stop this frenzy which comes and go anytime . But , not until i buy Laura Fabian's CD ...

I did not miss my stop today . I bought this $6 worth of sunflower seeds , and we couldnt finish it . I think somehow some people may slowly realise things , slowly as gossips start to come true . Sometimes , though how ur related with somebody , i guess gossips that might not attract u to believe them may somehow affect how u view that somebody . Gossips are evil and they are not weapons . They are like wildfire which burns , leaving only the ashes . From the ashes , nothing can grow , except for darkness . This term darkness isnt what typical normal people think it is , it has something more to it , maybe it should be viewed as a metaphor , or a personification , its just more to what it is . Anyway , i remembered my topic for essay writing in sec 4 was entitled , 'Gossips' . I wrote it in an expository form , and i think i scored ... quite badly . My points were all there , but i got too carried away with my personal opinions that i neglected the format that should be followed . My anger and frustration poured over and burning the the edges of the paper . My pen ink went empty and the underside of the paper were dented due to the force i appplied . My wrath and my heart was burning in flame , ablazed in anger . There was no end , its an endless boundary , an everlasting flame ... Like now , im out of point already . All i wanna say is that , sometimes gossips may destroy a city in one night like Troy , but sometimes it may help if we listened to them , and heed advices on dealing with them ...

To be honest , i copied my Concert Attendance PortFolio from Fhairil , and he copied from Evan . What a multiplication ... but ive a reason why . Ive no time to check on every composer , and in fact , i never listened to western music before , only in NAFA . And im not exposed in anyway to western music . Simple composers , and important ones like J.S. Bach may ring in my head , but composers like Aubert , just dun really ring any bell . Anyway , ive only studied Baroque , thats all i know . I can write , i can list the forms and styles , and even the stylistic differences of the nationalities , but i cannot list u examples , because i simply know none . Thats my line of weakness , if any question comes in a form of a strong wave , im gone , my line will crack and i shall tumble into fragmented rocks .

Ive realised that ive a habit of writing at least 5 paragraphs in my blog , thus resulting in an onslaught of verbosity ... joking ... just 'wordy' . Anyway , its my norm , so bear with it . Enjoy reading , my friends !