Sunday, November 27, 2005

Wisdom Or Knowledge ?

Today's blog is gonna be abit long . Bear with it , arm urself with ur popcorns , because ... we are going for a ride .

In the morning , i had CSCO . YouGuo's style of practicing might scare some people away ... funny . I think , we should just slow down abit and take our time . In fact , i think everyone can figure out their own parts , just that we need a teacher to guide us in combines .

After CSCO , a bunch of us decided to go eat at CityHall . We'll be meeting YouGuo there too . In the bus , Kenny and PeiLing sat with me , while Raymond , ChaiXia and Jonathan began spouting their nonsense . We chatted about many things ... and i often took a glance over , only to notice that Jonathan will pretend he never see me and look away , until i said something to him just as quickly as he turned , then he'll look . Weird people ... Look , please , dun act so pretentious .

When we're eating , i thought of asking a few people whether they wanna come out to eat on my birthday . To my disappointment , i expected what i heard , and i did hear it . Something else happened , and it just turns me off . A leopard will never change its spots ... like a tiger will not change its stripes . But , a snake will lose its skin and grow another , but however it'll grow , it'll grow back to its origin . Reminds me of history ...

After eating , Raymond , ChaiXia and i went to ChinaTown . Before we headed there , Raymond wanted to go to FuNan IT Mall , that area , to meet Hobbes , or should i call David . Well , long time since ive last seen Hobbes . He did an eyelid surgery like I-Dec i suppose ... its kinda obvious . Well , ive no idea why he tagged along with us to ChinaTown . The thing was that , both of them didnt alight , though they said they would . In the end , ChaiXia and i went shopping for CDs ourselves . ChaiXia is so nice , she bought me a CD which cost $16.90 . That was meant to be my birthday gift . Thanks alot ... In fact , its the best birthday present i would expect . I dun want to chocolate cakes , i dun want no hugs and kisses . A CD will just light a smile on my face . I bought 2 in the end , i paid for one myself ...

I was booked for a date , for dinner at LingZhi restaurant . It starts at 7 , and i think i was too early . I inteded to find my own way there , and yes i regretted . I walked the whole stretch of Pagoda Street , and i nudged through the crowd ... Its horrible . I was sweating all over , i called WaiChiong , my eldest cousin , the first grandson of the 'Choo' family , and i asked him for directions twice . I told him i was lost ... in the end , i found it ! China Square ... i went inside and i asked the information receptionist , and she said that its not here . I was so pathetic already ... and now i stil cant find it . So i think i just sat there and waited for them to arrive . I slept and woke up occasionally ... I searced high and low just for that restaurant . I almost gave up ...

Today is GrandParent's Week . We celebrated at LingZhi , vegetarian restaurant . Its located at Far East Square . I think that place is really recreational and really nice . Its environment is beautiful and its surrounding is symphonic . Im the second grandson of the 'Choo' family . And yet im the most doted child , because of my background i guess . Mervin , my uncle , and his son , Dominique , got along really well . To think of those days , my uncle always scold his son , and it'll make him really sad at times . Now , they look like a really happy family together . Well , thats something fortunate for them . And yes , i dun want it for myself ... though im curious how that would really feel . Im alone , single and free . What else more can a little boy ask ?

I believe that the Malay food at the food court , during lunch , caused my stomachache a few minutes ago . And moreover , the meal i had in LingZhi was rather unique . I dun think im quite used to it . The first dish already got me sulking ... some were really good though , but mostly , they were really like raw vegetables , which i couldnt take . I love vegetables , yes , but not love them raw ...

Which do people seek ? Knowledge or wisdom ? I seek wisdom ... because i believe that knowledge is just a psychological result of learning . On the other hand , wisdom is the trait of utilizing knowledge and experience with common sense and insight . Its indeed the quality of being prudent and sensible ... Thus , widom is the more advanced stage of knowledge alone . Which will u choose now ?

Do u friend people because of good connection between u and them ? Or u base it on principles ... like characters and skills ? Well , some people make friends because they could benefit them . Meaning , the friends they make will help them in a sense that it gives them an identity . Its really dumb ... But thats how the world goes isnt it ? Saddening isnt it ... ?