Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Gap

Just came home from hell . And i went through hell with no other than WeiFeng . He brought me to Chinatown with a bribing temptation of CDs . So ... i went there , i bought like 4 CDs . Today , i didnt bring much money out , so i actually saved the holes in my wallet . And somehow , i feel ... better . Then , i saw a shop selling some nice shoes at a cheap price of only $15.90 and $19.90 . I dunno whether they're durable , but i think its kinda nice for me .

It was burning hot , and super humid thanks to the unnecessary rain . The crowd was a bunch of low intellects , they cramp themselves in the choked pipe of human flesh , and they still refuse to move , just to watch some stupid firecrackers , and some stupid people sing and dance on stage . Come on , its not like ur first time seeing a lion dance , or Jeff Wang , the mediacorp artiste . Anyway , i didnt enjoy myself there , unlike how WeiFeng did . He is really auntie , he went there just to enjoy the so called atmosphere of the Chinese New Year . But , i regretted going because i found it rather a waste of time , being stuck in some human jam then i've to bear with the rotten human smell ... then there was the stupid police who literally caused this human jam . I know they didnt wanna cause some places to be totally packed , so they blocked some of the roads , and sealed some areas up . Thus ... everybody had to cramp themselves along the streets and steps just to watch the programme on the centre stage . It was really dumb ... i forced WeiFeng to go home , though he was really enthusiastic about the firecrackers and stuff ... I was acting like a child , screaming and stomping my foot , then he finally gave in . I think watch on TV better ... Anyway , then i was feeling like how i went out with my Mom last time when i was young , i kept bugging her to go home and stuff ... then she'll get so irritated that she'll scold me , then i'll end up angry . Really dumb ... and i dun think the people there are smart , they are really dumb ! They stood there blocking the traffic , while enjoying themselves , while others werent . Some moved , and when they suddenly wanna stop , they just stop , and thus causing a major jam in the movable lanes ... i dunno , its really dumb . I hate the people there ... and there was this MRT worker , he was like shouting and calling others to move , keep moving and stuff ... and he was like , dumb ... ? I dunno ... everyone is dumb .

I woke up to take a cab , so that i'll be in time for the rehearsal of the musical at Nanyang Girl's School . So i went to school first , to take the Pipa then i told the taxi driver to wait for me downstairs , and he was nice enough to wait , and he didnt charge again like last time how that stupid dumb fucking driver did . Its about the Fullerton trip ... remember ? Anyway , the driver this time was nicer . He talked and stuff ... but he talked too much , until he realised that i was sleeping ... then i told him i was tired , so excuse me . The cab driver was but a slow driver ... he was making rounds and stuff ... in the end , the cab fare cost me $15 .

When i entered the hall , everyone was even prepared and ready , and i was there like ... feeling lost . Then i sat on the second seat , i took out my Pipa and tuned it . WeiFeng was late ... but somebody was there . I didnt wanna greet him unless he does it first ... because afterall , u know ... I havent done anything wrong to deserve such treatment . Anyway , i dun intend to expect anything ... so i went to say hello to JiaJin . And then ... Nicholas came , his hair quite long now . Then we talked and stuff ... Then , YanChien the Pipa principal went through the scores with us . He's kinda nice ... quite friendly for first impression , we kept laughing at the China people , they were so funny . I think the script of the musical is kinda ... lousy . No proper plot and storyline ... just some weird fightings and flauting of their skills ... I think the little kids are the most adorable , especially the little girl who shouted the command ... so cute ! Then , after practice , everybody went home , i waited for them to pack up then we went to eat or something . It was raining heavily , so everybody decided to go home . WeiFeng and i went to eat at NAFA nearby , because i wanted to keep my Pipa in school ...

Then thats when we decided to go to Chinatown , bad choice .

Tillabong called me just now when WeiFeng and i took the MRT home . Then he sounded very sad , so i asked whats wrong ... so he said that he's depressed because that he realised everything from school to CSCO clashes . The timing of rehearsals ... and the timing of his orientation ... and even some other events . And he felt bad for not performing for tomorrow's little performance because its his first time , and he looked forward to it , which is dumb ... ? Then he had to go collect some reward thingi . Like last time XiuHua and Jacinda ... Then , he asked me what he should do ... Well , i dunno .

Sometimes i think to myself , like why im fated to stay somewhere so far from my friends . People like ChaiXia , Kenny , Tillabong , WeiLiang and even some NAFA friends ... But to think of it , i stay close with my other friends too , like Samuel , WeiFeng and some others ...

I can agree with Tillabong that our parents dun really understand how we think . Usually its about the arts , they think that music dun make a living ... Its kinda true , but its something that i wanna pursue . I went through quite alot with my Mom , and i dun wanna say it here ... then now we managed to at least compromise to a certain extent . Now ... im fine with her and she's fine with me playing music . But ... of course there is still this little gap in between our understanding .