Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sponged Up

Thanks again for accompanying on the phone. I just came home, and it was horrible on the bus. The air-con was leaking and this stupid guy still dared to offer me the seat inside. He was sitting on the outside, and there must be some reason why... and so that is it, the air-con. So, i sat there, watching the guy infront getting wet, and it made me laugh. Then, next... as soon as ive expected, im wet too. The water kept dripping on my head, my hair, my face, my lap and my bag! Im all wet! I wonder if people were laughing... but i couldnt bear to move, because there aint any seats left. The guy infront sat for quite a long time, till... he couldnt take it, because his shirt is getting wet, so... he stood up and left the seat, but without alighting. Next, an uncle came forward for the empty seat, and within seconds, after a few drops, he stood up and left too. The kind young man gave his seat to the old man. As for the stupid guy who offered me the seat, he is bloody horrible. No sense of integrity! U horrible pig.

Anyway, there were so many people on the bus. I mean different types, and its quite interesting to see them once in a while. There was this 2 Africans, they looked different. And nice hairdo too.

Woke up kinda late, but managed to attend class. Thats because i took the MRT to Novena, then a bus to school. I wore my coat today, and i knew it... people will surely ask why im dressed like that today. Williana was the first. I met her at Novena, apparently, she took the same train as me. And i taught her how to put her photo on her blog during the afternoon.

Harmony was fine, i used Richard's book. I sat beside LianWei, EeWei and Fairul. MrYap told LianWei that he passed his re-assessment, and im so happy for him. But of course, sad for those who didnt. Study hard, and focus, i believe they can do it too! Fairul, EeWei and the others, goodluck on the other chance that MrYap gave today. They'll have to do another re-assessment, and this time... i think it should be easier. Goodluck, seriously. Fairul was late for class, and MrYap told him to read from the reference book. He read the 'Neapolitan sixth' as 'Nine sixth'. It was so funny... but nobody really dared to laugh until MrYap corrected him. The best part is, after MrYap corrected him which created a break of laughter, he still read it as 'Nine sixth'. Goodness! Blur...

LianWei said that he wanna eat, and i thought he's going to eat with me... but who knows, he went to fly kite with Aaron and YinXuan. Jeremy saw me and asked me out for lunch. So nice of him, so Mark and Grace came along. We went to eat at IsleCafe. Im so poor, and so broke, i had to borrow $5 from Jeremy! How much do i owe my friends? I know i owe DongXiao, Jeremy and KaiXiang $5. I owe Christoven $4 plus and finally, i owe... nobody else right?

I headed for rehearsal at the dance department after eating, right away. I got the score yesterday, and i havent played the piece before in my life. So, im going to sightread it during the rehearsal. The dancers were all there, and waiting for the musician, me. I tuned the Pipa and got my scores ready. I went through the score with the choreographer the visual ques as well as the entries. Ive to prolong the piece, so... ive not much idea how he would want the music to start or end. Its pretty interesting how things are. Im physically drained when Samuel came to listen. He brought his students along, and all of them are my juniors back then in ACS. I cant remember their names, but i can remember their faces. Well, then i seeked help from Samuel with some parts. He guided me with the right techniques to use and stuff. Basically, i was just running through the scores based on what ive heard before and stuff... its actually all wrong. So, im going to start learning this piece with YanYu after the competition. Well, this performance is supposinging played by Samuel, but now ive to play it... stressful.

After rehearsing, i didnt have time for another rehearsal, ive to rush off to support my friends for their competition. Anyway, im kinda too late, i didnt catch Andy's performance. When i was there, it was just over, and already into LiuSha's piece. Everybody did a goodjob on stage, especially the string players. MaSai was good, though it was quite soft, nothing was wrong. Intonation wise, it was good... but as for Christoven, i guess that he lost out on that part. His stage movement was good, and very natural. In fact, he looked good playing his Viola. However, the intonation has to be more careful. PekChuan was so cute on stage! He looked like a teddy bear. Well, he played well, but his sound didnt quite travel. LianWei and YinXuan both performed well! I think everyone tried their best. However, though the results might not be pleasing to anybody today, its still alright to know that theres another chance next year.

For me to speak like that, im kinda prepared to face my doom for my own national competition this December. Well, i dunno... but November is going off just like that. In a few days, it'll be over. Im so scared.

Andy was disappointed, and worse... afraid to face his teacher with his result. TingTing told us the results, and i called Laurance to double check the results. Well, 3 Pianists got in, one Flute and one DoubleBass. So, Kevin got in for the flute, and congratulations, also to MaSai for getting into the finals.

So, Jonathan and i went to eat with Andy. He was down, and so... we had to cheer him up. In the end, he paid the bill for dinner, because we had no money. Great. He was so... cheeky. He kept asking stupid questions. Well, im kinda open, so... i didnt mind talking about it. As for Jonathan, im not sure, but he didnt quite seem disturbed. Hope everybody had a good meal and a good time. As for Andy, dun think already. No matter how, things will get to him sooner or later, so... just face it and do it urself.

I practiced in school. Played at the lounge, and it sounded alright to me. Im sure that it'll sound terrible during performance class this Friday. Im going to try play the 2 pieces in one goal. Im pretty sure that i'll recieve many negative remarks. Anyway, ive prepared things to say on Friday, if somebody is going to give nasty useless comments again.

Jonathan and Andy sat there, and endured through my piece. They said that its not quite refined yet, and the ending is kind of... not good. Well, i know, im tired. Anyway, im so useless. Im going to call YanYu soon for lesson, and i dun wish to disappoint her and her baby. Her baby watched me go through this piece. Its kinda funny when she told me last time that the baby will kick wheneva she hear me play. Its a daughter anyway. And so, ive seen her grow in the womb from nothing to something. Its kinda fun. I hope to see her this week. As for AlbertLin, im not sure when i can book a room to rehearse again. I think its kinda bad, because of my Pipa, and because that there are many parts which im not really ready yet.

Im going to sleep already. Im tired, worn out and mentally stressed. Its like a sponge, and it absorbs all the crap that it can, and sleeping is the only way to release it.

Had supper with SiHan. YongRui went off... and so, we went to the bus-stop after eating. He wanted me to go over to his house and stay over. But... how to? Ive class tomorrow... and i have to bath and change. Its not very comfortable to go over to his house, because its so dots. Anyway, SiHan's father had a heartattack. I hope he's fine now. Lets all go over to visit him, Violinists please bring ur Violins to the hospital to play song for him. Im joking. Well, take care all, especially Christoven.