Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Minute Away

Had a nice day. Finally, a good way to start off a blog entry. Its hardly ever that i'll have a nice day in school and stuff. I wanted to stay up last night, and go school in the morning. Who knows? Mom came home during the wee hours, and she forced me to sleep. So, i woke up late... due to the short hours. If i were to stay up, trust me, i'll go school early in the morning to do my work and to practice. But, true, i'll be kinda tired.

In fact, im super tired. I just came home from Orchard. I was shopping around with Christoven. He needed a break from the competition stress and stuff, and finally its over... so its time to play. As for me, i needed a break from Pipa. My competition is coming, and yesterday, i felt this surge of stress which came like some tsunami wave. Huge, unpredictable and devastating! So, anyway... im going to practice quite hard. I hope i can make it...

I went to school, and late for aural. Im not sure if EricWatson marked me late, because i only heard him say that ShaSha is late or something. Well... anyway, aural class was alright. EricWatson is as silly, while with the glory and fame from the competition recently, i really cant imagine how he is. Well, its wrong to say that he is the most useless lecturer, because... he has proven himself! He is good. Back then, many were saying that he is lazy to teach and stuff... Well, probably true, but still... he is good and has himself a name in the music circle too.

Well, after aural, i went for lunch at the prata stall. Finally, i have cash! So, i returned the money i owe to DongXiao and Christoven. I still owe Jeremy and KaiXiang. Anyway, i ate with the Chinese instrumentalists. After that, thanks to the slow service, we were late for platform.

We waited outside, while Jonathan and i started fighting. We were hitting each other with our slippers. In the end, i got one of his and i ran somewhere far... I threw it into the bin, but then... i thought, how nice i am... and so, i picked it up and put it gently on top of the bin, instead of inside.

The Strings were alright today. There was this disgusting piece which sounded so Chinese! Its utterly disgusting... but, im not sure whether its tough or not. Christoven went back home after performing. So, i stayed in school and practiced for abit.

I booked a session tomorrow for principal study. Im going to have lesson with YanYu, finally! I hope that i'll play well tomorrow and not disappoint her. Anyway, i practiced outside recital hall... and there were many people walking out of their analysis lecture. The first few were people like Jeremy, Edric, HuiQi and i told Jonathan to come out too. He came out with QingLun and Richard. Before that, Sebestian went into the Percussion studio to look for his stuff. So, i sneaked in and hid behind the door. I had a great time scaring him. His face went green. Anyway, then he started to laugh and stuff. He was so stiff before that. Well, i can understand the feeling of going through the analysis lecture, its tough and its boring.

DrKan was early for tutorial! We were surprised. Usually she's the most punctual, but recently... she's been really late. Anyway, she didnt look quite happy. She looked quite irritated today. Anyway, we went through Webern's piece, and we had to do the matrix again. I thought thats it for analysis, and who knows... we're using it again. But its good, we're making full use of it. Closing the end of the tutorial, i couldnt take it... my eyes fell shut tight. I slept.

DrGoh told us to go upstairs and bring down our instruments. So, imagine... the whole class with their instruments. While, Pianists just have to sit there... because we cant have them pushing down the Pianos upstairs. So, we played Christmas songs! Its so freaking fun. I dun usually get this kind of feeling before. Imagine, the whole class with their instruments, so busily tuning and warming up. So, i had mine. And mine is ridiculous, because im sitting right infront. I guess the Pipa attracted much attention... So, i was first. DrGoh told me to play the Christmas song, with him, on the Piano accompaniment. It was fun, so i sat back and played. Then, the class applaused. I felt so happy. Well, the others played too... and i bet they enjoyed themselves.

Thanks to whoeva who found the Pipa nice. To those who hated it, i can understand too.

Practiced after class... and listened to Jonathan's piece. I gave him some advice, and i hope he didnt find me irritating and busybody. Maybe i was. I dunno. But well, there are many things that one self cannot see, only others can. So, im just being honest with him. I hope somebody can do the same as for me, but not some useless comments like QingLun's. I dunno, but i dun wish to start anything here yet. He is a nice guy, but i hate the way he give his comments... because, they aint comments actually... just very obvious remarks. So, if ur ugly, he'll just tell u that ur ugly. He wont tell u how u can look better. Well, if he does, that'll be called advices and comments. He doesnt. There are many other people like that.

We're not im lower kindergarten, no more identifying and pointing out pictures and errors. Please, use some higher order thinking. Be hot, as DrKan says.

I dun feel so tired now, unlike the starting of this entry. Well, im refreshed after i get my engines running. Im warmed up, and ready for more! LianWei is currently asking me for the notes of the Christmas song that we played today.

I wonder how is everyone else, but as u guys may or may not know... tomorrow is the worse day of my life. I just wish that things that be good on that day. Even though im not quite happy, but still... i hope things can turn out well. As for Mom, she shouted at me just now and kept making me think of stupid things. I hate it. Its bad enough already, and usually i'll get sick on this horrible day, she still has to make me feel sad and angry. I hate it, seriously.

Joseph, one of my Pipa junior back then in ACS wished me happy birthday yesterday. I cannot stop my heart from melting. He is the best junior ever in my whole entire life, and trust me, he'll always be the best. I never really taught him much or shared any of my experiences with him much, but ive always tried to take care of him back then in ACS. He is really a very nice guy. Thanks Joseph! Thanks so much! I dunno what to say.

Anyway, im still 17 as for now. Bye, my sweet 17. Going into a bitter age... just a minute away. Sometimes, its just so near, but... we just dun feel it.