Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ambush From All Sides

I just woke up. Last night, i was thinking about sleeping earlier, so that i'll feel fresh today. Who knows? Im feeling shagged.

Yesterday, i went for lesson early in the morning. I brought Raymond's Pipa to YanYu's house. During lesson, i used YanYu's Pipa. She is willing to lend it to me, her very own professional Pipa! Im so touched. The problem is that... she only has one Pipa! Thats pretty wierd, i know. Well, she played that Pipa for 10 years already... so its like super seasoned. The Pipa has a wierd temper, not very easy for me to handle. Its like a wild animal when its under my control. The strings started to sound wrong, and the neck became so hard to slide. So, YanYu told me to bring it home and change the strings and try it a few more times. Firstly, it sounds so good that its giving me more encouragement in terms of music. As for Raymond's Pipa, its good, but not good enough for the pieces... which requires stronger and firmer texture from the lower registers and stuff. So, i'll be using Raymond's Pipa as an extra. Thanks to Raymond and YanYu, without them... this competition will not be possible. Seriously.

So, i left her house with 2 Pipas. Imagine... I showed her the programme booklet for the competition, and she started telling me things about people. Well, then i asked her some sensitive question too... and she started to give excuses to be humble. YanYu, u are great!

I took the MRT to YioChuKang, then Mom fetched me home. She dropped me at the salon, and i went for my haircut. She told me that she'll carry the Pipas up for me, and i was so worried that it'll be too heavy, or she'll drop it or something. At the salon, i was sitting there waiting for this auntie to have her hair dyed. She looked so old, yet she has this hiphop wig. I mean... hair. Anyway, it was my turn... and i told him, i want my hair shorter.

After cutting, i took a quite glance, and opened my eyes bigger to make sure that its alright. I paid him $16, and i left the salon. I went to take my lunch, and after that... went back home. Mom said that my hair is not short enough. But i think its just nice! Enough, it cant get any shorter, or else it'll spike up every morning. Moreover, my super round face cannot tolerate short hair, because it'll flatter my face and embellish it... to an even flatter and rounder face. Well, funny. So, i'll leave it as it is.

I took a break, and started playing riddles from this site that i found from JingXuan's blog. Its a riddle thingi... and trust me, its tough! I got through the first few levels, but i needed help from the forums when im somewhere at level 10. Anyway, im currently stuck at level 14 i think. For those who might wanna try, i'll leave the link at the tagboard. Dun give up trying, because it'll get u really frustrated... but once u get it right, u might feel happier.

I went to school after fixing the strings at home. In school, i managed to get myself a big studio to practice. Jonathan saw me, and i saw that his eyes went slightly bigger, and he asked if i got my haircut. Then, he asked how much i got it for... and i tell u, its worth the money compared to his. QingLun was around too... and after practicing, i introduced the riddles to Jonathan and QingLun. As for one, a brainless creature, and the latter, a English deprived child, both tried racking their brains. As for Jonathan, he proved himself to have some slight remains of his brains left. For QingLun, it isnt as bad too. But i felt like a spoiler, because i showed them how for a quiz or 2. Laurel, Grace and Ivan came later, and they started playing together too. It was fun to see them work... and after that, we went to eat.

While eating, QingLun and i were talking about monstress. U know who that is? Well, its one of my previous blog title, and if u can guess who it is... then... no prize for u. If u cant guess, also no prize. So, i suggest that u guess who it is. Again, QingLun was the last to finish his food. We went over to drink soya, actually... i just went over to buy a packet... because i dun want the auntie to start talking. QingLun felt likewise, and so... we left really quickly.

Jonathan was in school, playing with the riddles all along! And i asked him for his progression, and he told me the links he'd found. Straight away, i knew the answer... as for him, he got it, but he didnt know that its the answer! How dumb! What a bell!

Next, got stuck again at the next level. Whats in a name? Its so freaking tough. I somehow get whats it about... and what is going on... but still, i cannot figure how to apply the answer and stuff. What the fuck! Im getting really pissed! I want the answers now! Now!

Right... well, i went back to my studio to find Nicholas and his friend in my studio practicing. Well, i took my Pipa and practiced with them too. His friend got into the ErHu open category finals, and congratulations! Well, as for us, we're preparing for our nightmare later. Nicholas said that my Pipa sounds really seasoned, well... he touched it when im not around, i guess, but well... its alright, and yes... its seasoned because its not mine, its my teacher's. I felt kind of guilty when his friend asked whether i can lend it to him for his piece. But, the problem that its not mine. If its mine, trust me, i'll lend to anybody that i want. But, YanYu told me to take good care of it... and not let anyone touch it. Its bad enough to actually lend it to him to try already. Well, so sorry! Anyway, im not very prepared for the competition. I wanna go bath now and practice later. What am i going to wear? Shit...

After i went home, i recieved several messages! So many from my relatives and friends, wishing me all the best for my competition. Thanks to people like ZiTing, CuiLing, Jason and many others... too many to list. But well, u know who u are! Thanks to u! And u guys! And u girls! And u, aunties and uncles! To u, Mom and Dad. And to u, transexuals. Wait! Did Fairul or Jonathan message me? No, he didnt. I'll take the last bit off.

Goodluck, WeiKang! I'll be here to recieve the bad news...

Trust me, i'll not get into the finals, im not being sarcastic or like someone. But seriously, i dun think i can make it.

Sigh...

Do u hear? The striking of wardrums, and the sounding of horns! Those are the signs of the war. Yet, secretly... there is another group laying an ambush quietly behind the reckless soldiers. Alarmed by the silence, the ambush laid kept its paws ready to pounce upon the listless soldiers...