Monday, December 11, 2006

Escaped

The leaves caught the movements of the wind, and my ears caught the rustling. I knew, the ambush lays near. I closed my eyes, giving strength to my ears... i captured the attention that i need, though i stood motionless. The first strike was alarming, even with the silence as my shield. However, it killed me not, for that i broke its attack with my stare. The ambush came from all sides, leaving me no room for escape. My own space has been invaded, and now ive to shun myself into another realm of dimension. To another place where silence kills, and where no sound is heard. Not a single sound, but only the sound from the head. With a swift of my arm, and a blink of my eyes, im gone. The ambush laid was a waste, and it stuttered with shock.

I couldnt blog last night, because i was too tired. U'll know why later... But well, yesterday was the day of my competition. Some may know the results already, but some may not... Im here to break the silence, and i'll let u guys know... later.

Though i slept early, i couldnt wake up feeling fresh yesterday. I thought i would, but instead, i felt kind of... tired and wasted. I took a quick shower, and told myself how beautiful the day is. I looked out the window, and i looked at the sky... what a beautiful sky, i told myself. I looked down to the trees... what beautiful trees, i told myself. Then, i see the cranes... what beautiful... cranes... i told myself. There were also Indian workers... what beautiful Indian workers, i told myself. Not just that, filled in ugly lorries... what beautiful lorries, i told myself... What... a... beautiful... day.

I couldnt take the ugly sight, so... i went back into my room, to blog! Its a wierd thing to blog in the morning, but its good... because it settles the mind. I tell myself things that i should hear, and i also warn myself of things that i shouldnt. I got my clothes, and tried them on... shit, they're so tight! Anyway, i last wore the long pants when i was in ACS. Surprising after 4 years of shit, i still can fit into it! Well, ive heard people telling me that ive lost weight. However, i dun feel so at all. Well, im never losing weight, i'll just keep gaining... even till one day when im as big as Adams, people will still tell me that im losing weight. Right...

I didnt take out the Pipa to tune, nor to practice. I told Mom to hurry because i wanted to catch ChaiXia's competition. In the end, i was late! I stood outside and watched the last participant. Anyway, i called her, and she sounded really disappointed. I went down to the backstage to help her, and waited for her. She came out, with this wierd expression hung on her face. I knew it, she's going to cry any moment! I took her Ruan, and with her bare hands, she'll be able to wipe her own tears. Im joking! But well, she started crying, and explaining to me how she played. She said that she's kind of worried because she didnt play well at all. I heard from Chloe that it was fine, but not her best. So, im kind of worried. I persuaded her to go listen to her results, because no matter how... its still better to go attend for the hearing. Im such a bad preacher, because ive decided not to listen for mine later... and im telling her not to miss it. Right...

In the end, we're both in the hall, but she sat with her parents. While, i sat with WeiFeng, Louis and gang. They were telling me that its kinda bad for this open category. Well, i think its because of the set piece, its so freaking difficult. ZhangRongHui was sitting there, smiling away... because afterall, whoeva is going to get in, it'll be her student. JiaJia came out with the results, and from their looks, i could tell that they're very... nervous. I was so anxious, because i dun want ChaiXia to lose. But in the end, for all her drama outside before going in, its worth it. Why? Because, she got into the finals! Well, actually... all 3 of the competitors got in. Its funny, wierd and its... alright. So, she was happy and she started crying again... i think.

Thats it, its my turn to face doom! I took my heavy Pipas and went to report. But who knows? Its too early, its their lunchbreak. So, i went to eat with WeiFeng and gang. I walked all the way with all my things to MarinaSquare. I tell u, i almost broke my shoulder, because the Pipas are so heavy!

Had a filling meal, and it should last till the competition, or till i die there. We were sitting there, talking and bitching about. Well, im not from MDC, so... i listened only. Its so funny how they bitch, and its humorous to think of the things that they talk about. WeiFeng carried my Pipa for me, and they all came along to report with me. So nice of them! Im so touched. Meanwhile, i saw the lady at the counter scolding ChaiXia, because she didnt return her pass! Its so funny... While i was there, nobody came to accompany me today, so... i had to bring in everything myself. I wanted to ask if WeiFeng can accompany me in, but too bad... he isnt registered. LinJiaMei came, with her student, and they started talking and laughing. She was quite nice, she talked to me and asked me about things. She said that she's heard my big name before, but has never met me. What big name? Im just a nobody. But well... i went in with them to the waiting area. I requested for another room myself, because i dun wanna share with them yet. LinJiaMei was so friendly, i was afraid that i might not have time to practice myself... because i'll end up talking to her.

So, i got my own room... and i quickly took out the Pipa and start warming up. I bet everybody would have already practiced in the morning, except me. I was quite calm, and too strange to be calm at this moment. Last night, i was really calm about the coming competition too. Even in the room, im still feeling quite calm. Its a good thing, but its just not me! After warming up, i asked Nicholas whether he can help me bring out my extra Pipa for me, and he said yes. So nice of him!

Kenny, MiYan and gang came down to wish me luck! I was so happy to see them, though JiaJia wasnt. Then, after i chased them away... came another batch! I was so shocked! This time, its YanJun, MinHui and MeiHong. Thanks so much for the support! And thanks to YanJun the most, because she willingly helped me to bring out my Pipa, so... no need to trouble Nicholas.

Soon, its my turn to sit on the waiting chair. Thats then, when i felt most nervous. I tell u, im super stupid! I dun feel a single bit of anxiety at all, but when its just before me, it'll all rush to me like elephants, hippos and rhinos all running towards u at the same time! Imagine that!

I was relieved to have YanJun beside me to somehow distract me away from my anxiety. Well, i heard the bell... and i think the first participant overshot her time, though i didnt felt so. I was very worried, because mine will definitely overshoot... since its so much longer than her pieces.

Before going on stage, JiaJia asked if im ready... and i smiled at her. So stupid, i should have just answered her instead. I felt like im in some kind of really nice nice children show. So, i went on stage, and i was so shocked! I was fucking shocked! So stunned and so happy! It cheered me up totally. Everybody was cheering, shouting and clapping! Ive never seen anything like that for the past few competitions! I was so... shocked! It really made me happier! Though, my hands were still shaking. MajorTay was smiling, and ZhangNianBing was turning her head, wondering whats about the cheer for. I took a look around, and i saw not only my friends, but my family too.

I took my seat, and i felt extremely uncomfortable. I played through my pieces, and i felt that there were many parts which could be done so much better if my hands aint shaking. While playing, i gave eye contact with ZhangNianBing, my friends and some of my family members.

After playing, i felt kind of guilty. But during my piece, i actually thought about YanYu, and i wanna do her proud, so i lifted up my spirits to play better. The cheer was still going on when i left, and i felt happy. I left the stage with pride that those are my friends out there! Im so happy.

Christoven called, and i met him and SiHan at the backstage. Before going, i went to see YanJun and gang because they're going to have a concert. I didnt get to see ZhengJingWen, my dear conductor, because i was afraid that i'll lose face. Im joking... but thanks so much to all who've cheered for me! I love u guys! I love u guys!

Though my words are colder than ice in my blog. Trust me, uve to exaggerate it to feel the sincerity. I was really touched! I met LinJiaMei and YouGuo, and they told me that i played well. Im not really sure... but thanks to them too.

They told me that after i played, almost half of the audience left. I met them outside, with chance. Mom was there with Winnie and family, Douglas and family, Dorothy and family, with finally, my Mom's cousins. Guess how many of them were there? A total of 14. I was so shocked, i had to walk about and thank them personally and stuff. I was so happy. Now, my teacher always tell me not to use the word 'happy' too often, ive to replace it with other sorts of happy words. But well, i dunno what to say... because im too happy!

Happy me. SiHan and Christoven accompanied me to this shop, and we had a drink and started chatting. I was mourning, and they kept cheering me up. Well, i was seriously sad and very disappointed. I held no hope of getting the finals. Seriously! Anyway, i was wearing black.

There is so much to blog about! Im going to be late for class already!

Anyway, later after chatting with them, ChaiXia came, and we went back to watch the last 2 performances by Nicholas and ShuMin. Thanks to Christoven and SiHan for coming down to support, im so very touched! But, i had to go, and so i left them alone. But, thanks so much still! I love u guys too! And before i left, i gave SiHan and pat, and i think my hands stayed there for too long, and he was like freaked out. So funny...

It was an interval break, but there's only 2 more players. Anyway, i went in, and i sat alone somewhere, but SamuelWong was there. He told me that i played well, which i didnt think so. And there was Nicholas' teacher, WuYiMing, he told me that i was too rush. Then, Samuel and them started talking. KunRui was there too! After that, i went off... and i went to sit with Jonathan and gang. Jonathan was so nice, he came to me and smacked me on my right arm.

He was one of the audience who wore green. When i was playing, i saw him quite a few times. It just attracts me attention... because its like a monster freak in green. I thought NAC and Esplanade would allow animals to enter the recital studio. Nevermind...

I sat beside Jonathan, PeiQian and others. ChaiXia sat alone at the back, i felt so bad. But, the competition was about to start, i couldnt move. LinJiaMei was telling me that im going to get into the finals, and she's voting for me. So nice of her... anyway, she is the daughter of a Pipa master, LinShiChen. Well, he passed away some time ago, like last year... i think?

Nicholas and ShuMin both played very well. I sat there thinking about my route to escape before results are out. Kenny and gang came, they came to tell me about me getting into finals and stuff. I was really sure that i'll not get in, and i'm going to throw face... so, i thought maybe by running out, it'll all be fine. But, i couldnt. Kenny kept giving me that face, and so... i stayed. Im curious about the results, because everybody tells me that i'll get into the finals, though im really really really not sure at all. I had a pessimistic thought, and i really believed in it totally.

JiaJia came with the results... and the first name was... Choo WeiKang! My goodness! Fuck! My gracious fuck! What the! What the hell! What the fuck? What the fucking fuck shit! I felt like stomping my feet and slapping my face. But, i couldnt, so i clapped my hands while Kenny and gang started cheering. I love them all! Those that came to support me, and stuff, im so touched! Jonathan was cheering me up, and i was about to cry seriously... but i thought i shouldnt. The next few names, were JingXuan and Nicholas, and i started cheering for them too! I hoped that all of us can get in and play in the finals, or else it'll be a waste. Well, since its a competition, there's nothing we can do, but to hold ourselves a positive mindset and just take things friendly.

Im so happy for everyone. ChaiXia and Jasmine came, and i wanted to hug them... but i thought, maybe not. Because, Jasmine's so oily. Im joking! Come, let me thank everybody properly!

I was hiding behind the curtains, crying and calling YanYu. She was as normal, very calm and stuff. Not fun at all. I must thank firstly my Mom for giving birth to me, and of course my father who provided the sperm. Im joking! Well, it must be a bunch of useless sperm, because i got to the egg first. Im so retared and i got there first... its kinda stupid. Im joking! Im like so joking can? Well, i must thank Raymond and YanYu for the Pipas. My teacher, YanYu for having faith in me, and so much trust. Raymond, for the support and the spirit. My dear MDC friends! Though im not in MDC at all, but they're really nice to come support me, especially Kenny and WeiFeng. WeiFeng, for all the advices, comments and the support! Kenny, for the jokes and the last minute support, including MiYan. Im joking! ChaiXia and Jasmine for the wishes! PA people, which includes Andy and Chloe, for the well wishes! My CSCO peeps! I love them all, for all the wishes and especially to MinHui and YanJun! YanJun, for helping me with my Pipa! LinJiaMei, for the chatting period before me competition. YouGuo, for the support all this while, and same goes to Samuel, for the comments and advices. They are like my mentor, i love them all. LiuYan, for the healthy mindset that she talked about a few days ago, and her encouragement! KunRui, for the support and the skill to fix my Pipas. My NAFA friends of course! Especially Christoven and SiHan! I love them! Nicholas, for the friendly wishes and the willingness to help out! I love also the other Pipa players for all the well wishes! XueQi, for her support all this while! PeiQian, for my Mom's new shirt! My goodness, PeiQian, u rock! I'll be looking forward for the new shirt! Im joking! But, thanks anyway! JingXuan, for her wishes! ShuMin and Anthea, for their spirit! And especially to ShuMin for her support and well wishes! I love u girls! And finally... nobody else. I mean, my family! They came all the way to support me! I wonder how much the carpark fees were... but thanks so much! Winnie, Douglas, Dorothy and their family! I love them all, and also to my own dear Mom. I bet Dad must be watching somewhere, and Jane must be cursing at home. But well, thanks to them all! Thanks to Dad for always being there, and to Jane for always making me stronger. My determination grows everytime she does something hateful. Jane, i love u too! I bet this will make her angry. But well, seriously... i dun. I love u Dad! I love everybody! I love everybody! Im going nuts! Im crazy... im crazy... Enough, my head hurts.


Finally, thanks to u. U know who u are. Thanks for the support, the well wishes, the morning calls and the late night chats. I... thank u.

And... of course, Benedict, for nothing. It rhymes? Its fated to rhyme.

Well, competition is finally over. Now, im going for the finals. Im so nervous... because im worried for AlbertLin, and thanks to Samuel, he'll be coming down to help me listen out. Anyway, the post competition celebrations has another few bunches of paragraphs to go. Im not sure whether ive the time or not. But well... im going to blog about that later tonight. Today's entry is hell long! I know. Hoped that u enjoyed reading.

Im going to bath now. Anyway, i missed choir today... just to blog. Not really... but because the celebration last night was wild. Not a celebration actually... just some hanging out with MDC people and later with Jonathan, ShuMin, Michelle and Samuel.