Sunday, December 17, 2006

Next Stop ?

Recently, its like a farrago of happiness and sadness. Im happy for those who've gotten themselves an award, but still... im sad for myself. This is my last competition, and i didnt manage to get myself a first prize, which is quite predictable. I know, its not healthy to think like that, but... im not complaining or anything. I know where i stand, and a second prize is already too flattering. Well... i hope that after this competition, it'll be as Samuel has said, a new beginning.

I just came home from a tiring bus ride. As u know, i didnt blog last night. Why? Because, i slept over at Kenny's place. I tell u, i havent felt this busy before in my entire life. Busy in what sense? Well... its like so many things happening at once that i really cannot focus on myself to think about them. I dunno whether i should smile or cry, i really dun. See, firstly... the competition finals, then the prize presentation, history homework, aural exam and my attendance problem due to my competition. And now, ive to still think of Jane too. She's on the loose and its unfair everyday that Amanda stays in the juvenile home while Jane gets to spend all of Dad's money away on herself. Lets not get there first, i wish not to spoil this entry with vulgarities.

Anyway, the previous entry was long? I dun think so... because, it'll be longer today! Im joking.

I woke up in time for the rehearsal at SCH for the prize presentation. Well, since everybody that i know of aint going, i thought that i'll skip it too. So, instead of going to SCH, i went to school. I met YiFan in the computer lab, and i sat near her and started finding things to preoccupy myself.

After killing enough time, i went to disturb DongXiao. She was teaching ErHu in one of the studio, and i went to open her room and gave her a stupid look. Well, wanted to eat with her and YeowYee, but im meeting somebody else at Suntec, so... next time!

I took bus 857 to Suntec and met up with Christoven. He went to the hospital again, and its regarding his face. He said that the doctor suggest that he goes for this surgery, to remove the oil and blackheads and stuff. I tell u, its so interesting. If my Mom hears that, she'll be thrilled. Anyway... i know its wierd... Yes, anyway, we went to eat at Kuishinbo! My goodness! I know! Its like the best authentic Japanese buffet ever!

Back then, Mom will always bring me there to have buffet... till one day, when im fat enough and ready to be slaughtered for dinner. Not quite true, but... well, i treated him to the buffet because of his support and stuff for me during my competition period.

The food was... marvelous! Firstly, we took scallops and sushis. Next, we took this handroll, which required ourselves to do it. Its so stupid. There was this instruction on the table which teaches us how to make the handroll. Its so bloody difficult, and its so embarrassing... because we cant even make a single handroll! So, i couldnt take it anymore... and decided to just be like a caveman and just tear the sushi and grab the rice and eat it. Im not sure whats wrong with the waiter, but he clears everything on our table when we leave to get food. Its stupid. We left our paper steamboat there and its obvious that we havent started on it yet. The prawn was still inside, the soup was filled, but... the waiter cleared the thing after we leave to get more food. We were shocked when we found out that its missing... and we laughed. Anyway, its a buffet... no harm getting more. There was so much food, i dunno how to describe them one by one to u guys. Well, we ate a hell lot of chawamushi, the egg thingi. Im not sure how u spell it, but i think its like that... One more thing will be the desert. I tell u, the chocolate fondue was splendid! Well, honestly, its the first time im having a chocolate fondue. I know, im so old fashioned...

After eating, we were filled to our throats. I think if im going to have another single grain of rice, i'll puke out everything. My stomach was bloated! Wait! It has always been bloated. But imagine, more bloating...We ate for at least 3 hours? Then, we went to SCH to catch the finals for the ensemble category. We were there early, and there wasnt anybody there yet. But soon, after some chatting, time flew us into the hall, sitting there... waiting and talking. Then came an ugly thing which sat infront of me. I wouldnt say who that is, but i tell u... its ugly! I didnt say its Benedict right? So, dun sue me.

Actually, i think im uglier. See, im scolding myself. Im so humble. Im joking... please slap me.

The first group was really good, followed by the last one. QingLun's group didnt do their best, or was that the best? Well, YongRui played the bass, and QingLun on the Dizi. Harry played the Pipa, and honestly, i cannot really hear the Pipa. Their first piece has heavy emphasis on the Pipa and the Xiao, played by Harry and QingLun respectively. But, i only hear the Xiao! The Pipa has to come out more. Anyway, the piece is about beauty and the transition between sections. Their rendition was too fast, and it wasnt slow enough! There's a reason why they chose those pieces, its because one is slow and the other is fast. The faster piece aint that fast either, and i didnt feel the atmosphere. During the preliminary round, i thought that they'll get first, because it was... too good. But well, its like putting a cookie jar high up and then dropping it down, just like what ive done. Now, who's going to pick up the pieces?

Christoven left after watching the finals, and i hope that it impressed him abit. After he left, QingLun asked about my opinion, and i told him like i just did to u guys. Well, i knew it then that PA is going to get a third prize, definitely. The main reason would be the choice of piece, and the overall management of the pieces. Anyway, the other groups were good because they knew what pieces to pick. Their pieces has very strong emphasis on the Strings, and knowing that its their forte, they've made good use and brought it to their advantage, which PA didnt. Im not on anybody's side, its just my own opinion. Of course, i would hope that QingLun's group will win, but well...

I went inside the hall earlier, because i had to. I didnt go for the rehearsal, thus i dun really know the procedures. I sat beside JingXuan and this Suono youth category winner, a small boy. I was quite happy, so i insisted that we take a picture or something. JingXuan didnt look quite happy, i dunno why. But well... i hope everybody enjoyed themselves! The first Zheng performer was a little girl. She is so adorable! Her feet werent touching the ground at all, only one i think... and then she has this cute little piggy tails. I tell u... its really very cute. Then, followed by a Pipa performance by Jeremy. Finally, a ErHu concerto by the champion of ErHu open category. Well, out of the 3, the last one was the best.

After the performance, we were sent to the backstage, during the intermission, like criminals. We were literally asked to move around like convicts, and if uve seen the booklet which shows our faces, we looked like convicts! So... we werent carrying our tags, which i think we should, and walking to the backstage, making so much noise. Everybody's excited, and thus, they'll talk alot and laugh alot. Well... i dun understand, but sometimes though its uncontrollable, there's no need to point fingers and scold the people around. I was talking to Dedric, then this SCO worker came to me and ask me to shut up. He looked so fierce, and its really rude. But... well, i kept quiet for a while... and next, my jaw broke loose again. This time, its JiaJia who give that pissed off face to everybody and told them to shut up and keep quiet. Anyway... the MC for the night was this super China woman. She spoke like a communist, i think she's a DJ for some Chinese radio station, probably 95.8, and she was reading our names out. At the rate she's reading, i think those at the back would need to be provided with a shaver.

After waiting for such a long time, finally... its my turn. First, i hear my name, and next, i hear people shouting and many clapping. I smiled and was so elated. I really have nothing to say to those who stayed to support me and stuff. I love u guys! Right, im starting this love u guys thingi again soon. Lets skip that, because uve read that ever since the day i got into the finals... I know, its a long time ago.

We went on stage again to take a group photo. On the stage, i shook ZhangNianBing's hand and i told her that her hair looked great. Before leaving the hall, we'd to stay for the second half of the performance, which featured QingLun and XuYang's solo with accompaniment. QingLun was rushing like hell! XuYang was too soft. The final performance would be the one by our great master, Dedric. And i tell u, it wasnt quite in tune.

I love the whole performance! After its over... i went out to collect my real certificate. I got a certificate of distinction! But, i didnt get my trophy, because it doesnt have the engravings on it. So, NAC will contact me again once its done. I went to the ground level and met up with many of my friends. As usual, all the congratulations and hand shakings. I cant get enough of that, till now. Before i leave, i told myself that i must have a picture taken with WuYuXia and ZhangNianBing! So... i went around looking for them. It was tough... and finally, i should have known, they're still in the concert hall! I took a picture with WuYuXia and she shook my hand. I was so happy, and i told her that maybe if there's a chance, we'll meet again. She said that she'll wanna see me play better next time. Im so touched. She smiled. I tell u, when she dun smile, she looks extremely strict, but when she does... she's like an angel! Nicholas tagged along and he took a picture with her too. After that, i took a picture with my old teacher, ZhangNianBing, who was one of the judges for the NAC competition.

Took everything i have and left the place after taking one last picture with JiaJia, and to reconfirm why i only get $1100 instead of $1200. Then, we took the MRT to Bedok for supper. WeiFeng, Louis, Kenny, Jonathan and i were talking in the cabin. I didnt expect some peoplen to stay and wait for me, or it wasnt his intention... then nevermind. But, i thought he'll leave with MinHui and gang. So... whats the intention this time? Im joking.

While eating, WeiFeng and Kenny threw up a drama. They started bickering on each other again... and well, its really plain humour. We sat there, watched and kept quiet. After that, they were rather alright... then we left for Kenny's house. Jonathan came along, and so the 2 of us stayed over at Kenny's place. WeiFeng went off, as for Louis, he walked home.

We ate at Kenny's house, again. And we played with his dogs. Kenny said that his dogs are just like him. Other than the adorable bit, which aint quite true, the rest are totally a 100% accurate and true! Well, uve to know his dogs to understand what i mean. We played with his Ruans, and after that... i took a shower, and headed to bed.

I woke up with a jerk, i couldnt sleep after. I saw this worm on the floor, and so i thought i'll be nice... so i helped the little worm. I hate worms.

Kenny went off because he has to go early. We slept till 8 in the morning, Kenny left before 7. So, Jonathan accompanied me to my bus-stop. There, he took his Dad's car home. I waited for my bus and finally, took a really long and tiring journey home.

I bathed and after that, left straight for CSCO. And mind u, its already the second day. So, there was quite alot of people. MinHui, Jonathan, KeeWei and ChaiXia were there, except XuYang, our champion. As for Pipa, there's a new girl... called... i cannot remember!

After practicing, we went for a great lunch at Breeks. It was raining outside, and its cold enough... but somebody has to keep cracking lame jokes inside, and i cannot take it but to give my emptiest look ever. Some people will never do what they say. In the end, they'll give in into temptation and just eat, though they said that they'll not.

Ran through the rain and got myself really wet. Its freaking cold on bus 166, and everybody was shivering. Who knows, we're heading ourselves to Vivo. The journey was freaking cold and really... long! We sat in the bus, cracking stupid jokes for an hour. Imagine, the bus was leaking water! Outside, there were waterfalls, rapids, rivers and everything that has to do with water. The rain was really heavy... and it made us freaking cold and parched. I was thirsty, but there aint anything to drink, so... i kept quiet and saved up my saliva so i could drink them. Im joking! Thats so sick, and wierd.

At Vivo, i became moody. I dunno, but im like that. Im super extreme. Its either that im really talkative, crappy and funny, or that im really quiet, moody and pissed off. There's nothing else in my expression vocabulary book. I know, im just like that, as plain as a paper. So, u take a marker and draw in my face on that piece of paper, and how simple, it'll be as that. Nothing muched happened at Vivo... and after that, i got really tired and so... i took bus 166 home.

Now im home, im tired. Im listening to these few CDs that i just bought. Its really interesting, and its really nice! I love them, and surely... i love the cost of it too. ChaiXia bought me on of the CD, which cost $10. She said that it'll be my birthday gift. So grateful. U know what? Why have i been so sad back then during my birthday? Well... its partly because that i dun recieve any gifts at all... especially from my own friends. U know, every birthday, i'll spend so much money on other people's gifts that i dun even care whether how much it is. I know, of course not those really huge sum. But... generally, im a giver. But of course its super childish and selfish to say things like that. But since its over, i thought maybe it'll be nice to explain myself. This is what i think... and thats why i feel quite sad. Of course, im fine. Its not really a serious thing, but still it affects me.

Anyway, i hate food for presents, because i'll eat them and they'll be in the toilet next. No point for such stupid things, unless its like a big treat. I prefer things that i can keep, or wear, to make them memorable. No hints or implications, just indicating my preference for those who might wanna take them into considerations.

Im not hinting! Im not! Really.

U know, now that the competition is over... im feeling quite lost. Its like then that ive a goal and something to look forward to. But now that its over, its like totally no point and no mood to do anything. I just want to have a break and enjoy a long holiday like everybody's having now. But, i have school! Im so sad. Moreover, there's this MDC rehearsals to attend tomorrow. Im not planning to go tomorrow though ZhangLie, the China conductor will be coming. I'll be going for choir! Why? Because i think we're having a performance or something. The real performance was cancelled due to unseen circumstances, which actually is because of Adams. He has some heart problem and is currently in the hospital. I really wanna go see him, but im not sure whether he's still there, or is he discharged already or something... I dunno.