Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I Love The Rain

The need for rain at a particular time and the dangers attendant upon drought brought rain prominently into the religion of most agricultural people. Rain and thunder gods are most prominent in many mythologies than sun gods, and they have been propitiated in various ways in different cultures. The rain dances of the native Americans may, however, be said to be generally typical of all in the elaborate symbolic gestures and patterns and in the extensive use of drums and rattles, presumably sympathetic magic by the imitation of the sounds of thunder and showering rain. Because the purpose is to make the fields bear crops, the connection of such rites with those of fertility is obvious.

Right, whateva!

I woke up this morning with the words of my previous entry ringing in my head. Im right, i'll wake up with a showering morning. Though its much worse, its still somehow of what ive expected. So, i waited at home for the right time to move out. I got myself ready, packed my bag and took little cash with me. I tell u, my credit card is faulty! I dunno why. But since that day when i tried withdrawing from the ATM, its telling me that its faulty and i need to get it changed or checked. I dunno, im so pissed off. Without that stupid card, life is like a can of coke. Im not sure what the link is, but its like a can of coke! Maybe not. I think its like a glass of water.

Nevermind whateva, i took my bag and left home when its left with a small drizzle. I took the bus to school, and i thought that i'll be very late, till i met Jwen at Novena. Well, she pointed out Fhairil too. He was on the same bus! I didnt notice him at all. In the end, i wasnt late for class.

Well, its pretty sad that we'll be in different groups, Christoven and LianWei. After going through so much together, we deserve one last blow together to prove ourselves. But well, since MrYap has grouped us in this way, i believe its destiny. Its never our own calls.

Anyway, LianWei has to continue suffering. Christoven is a group leader by himself now, with some very friendly groupmates. Right? As for me, im in YongRui's group. Pity them please, for that they have me. U guys should know, im the most horrible person to have in a group. Firstly, i dun do my groupwork. Secondly, i dun do my groupwork. And last, but not least, i dun do my groupwork! Imagine that!

MrYap released us early today. We went to eat at FortuneCentre, because i said so. Jonathan came later, and he took care of my Pipa while i went to buy food. After eating, YeowYee and i tried very hard to flag for a cab. I went to withdraw money previously, but it couldnt work! Its so freaking irritating. Im like super broke. Firstly, i spent $100 within 3 days, and i know... its super scary. I dunno how, but i believe it must be the fault due to my generosity at times. I spent $60 on the first day for treating Christoven to Kuishinbo, as for the rest, im not pretty sure.

Anyway, no more next time! Im going to learn hard on how to save up money! I know, it sounds motivating and very determined. Trust me, im never that hard working. Im stupid and foolish. Its time that i really should learn a huge lesson to shock my own senses. Im joking, please dun. I think i should, but then... i think i wouldnt want to. I dunno!

The rain couldnt stop! Rain is said to be heavier immediately after a bolt of lightning. I know, its interesting. But, do u know why? The cause of this phenomenon is traceable to the bipolar aspect of the water molecule crap. The intense electric and magnetic field generated by a lightning bolt forces many of the water molecules in the air surrounding the stroke to line up. Then, these molecules spontaneously create localised chains of water. These chains then form water droplets when the electric field is removed. These drops then fall as intensified rain. Im so smart! Enough of the praises. But i tell u, the rain was so heavy that i couldnt even see anything when i was in the cab. The driver was so cautious about himself that he didnt wanna travel by Mandai, because there's a super heavy flood there. The policeman told us that there are cars stuck in the flood. I cannot imagine how the cars will get stuck. I saw a cab that was like half submerged into the water. Its really stupid! Isit that the cab was parked there, then the flood came, or did the cab drove itself into the flood? I think its the latter which proves how stupid people can be.

The driver dropped YeowYee and i somewhere. The dogs were literally barking and the cats, scratching the windows of the taxi. I meant, the rain. So... YeowYee took out her own umbrella and got herself sheltered. As for me, the driver gave me an unbrella. Im so grateful for the free umbrella. Well, on our way to seek shelter, we saw this lorry stuck in the water. Its such an unforgetable sight. Firstly, its romantic and next, its really such a rare ocassion to be able to capture such a scene in our memory. Therefore, i'll always remember this day, today. Its the most horrible day in year 2006!

Now, im carrying YanYu's Pipa and im making my way through the storm with a tiny umbrella, u think its possible? Feasible, yes. But, to an extent, no. I was driving nuts already. I was drenched all over, and i tell u, its really uncomfortable. Now that im home, im feeling so lucky to be able to keep myself dry! Its really a horrible experience. I needed someone to hold me through the rain, but there aint anyone else but me. I mean, YeowYee was there, but still... she's struggling her way through with 2 ErHus. As for me, the heavy Pipa has to be kept dry at all cost. Even though its impossible, i'll rather that i get myself all wet.

Thanks to this uncle and this auntie who came out to drive us in. We were all already drenched, like wet sponges. After getting to MDC, i saw Dedric and HuangZhiGuang, a Suona professional. Anyway, i got into the rehearsal area and everybody was staring at me and laughing. They werent laughing like a jester, but they were like stunned that im all wet. We were late, and so both us took our time to get in and find our seats.

I was so wet, i couldnt find any part of me which is dry, other than my face. Im exaggerating actually. Im not that wet, but still... its an ordeal. Its so cold in the hall and im wet, my hands were shivering and im sure that im going to sneeze any moment. Well, i saved my own embarrassment from not sneezing. But, if i hadnt borrowed WeiFeng's smelly jacket, i know that im going to fall sick eventually. The rehearsal was great! ZhangLie is indeed a world class conductor. He has the movements and the energy to bring the whole orchestra together. I felt the spirit moving like waves, and i felt so motivated to play. I love his conducting, and indeed... its special and unique. Actually, no. I think conductors should be like that! Even from the most basic, conductors should be able to do that instead of just hitting like a metronome. We need some direction.

Well, not only that i love the pieces, it touches me like no other music. I almost broke into tears while playing. I know, it sounds so dramatic. But im speaking the truth! I encourage everybody i know to go watch! Christoven might be going. Its really a huge production, there are many performers and many from SCO, SiHan's uncle who is from SSO, and i know there are many young talents there too, people like me. Im joking! YouGuo is performing too. And they're even going to be inviting some professionals from China. As for Pipa, i know, there'll be one woman who was in the same class as ZhangQiang. Its so amazing. I cant wait... to be king. I mean, i cant wait for the performance this Saturday. However, i seriously hope that it'll not be raining anymore!

Stop the rain please! The rain metaphorically has a sad and negative connotation to me now. Usually, its like a soothing joy, and its beautiful to enjoy the aesthetic appeal of it. But now, i really hate the rain! The rain spoils my day! It brings happiness into sorrow! Its that bad, yes!

Anyway, after rehearsing. I stayed at MDC, while waited for WeiFeng and gang to go home. They drove me down the hill, and they went to Tampines to shop. Since im near Sembawang, i thought of going to YanYu's house to return the Pipa.

I took a cab over, but to only remember that my credit card aint working. My fare was $7, but i only had $2. The driver was very nice and friendly. I told him that i'll rush upstairs to get money from my teacher first. And so, i went upstairs, and i knocked on the door for quite a while, but there wasnt any response. I called her, but her phone was off. I thought that she'll be sleeping or something. So, i went back downstairs and apologised to the driver, and i gave him all that ive got, which was like only less than $3. I felt so guilty, because the driver was so nice! He said that its alright, and he left with very friendly comments too. Thanks so much!

I called people to talk to, because i feel insecure myself. Theres a reason why i would call others with no apparent reason. Its because that i need someone to talk to, or i need some advice or words of encouragement. People just dun understand. Anyway, i waited outside her house for a very long time. In the end, i passed the Pipa to her neighbour and told them to take good care of it and return it to her once they see her. They were very nice, and they promised to. I felt so relieved. But... once i left the building and heading for the bus-stop, i realised that its not very nice to leave the Pipa there. I called somebody to seek help, or a ear to listen, but it didnt work out fine. I hate people who hang up the phone so quickly.

Anyway, i ran back to YanYu's house and gave the neighbour my number just in case if they need anything they'll be able to contact me. I took the lift down, and i went up again later. Im so fickle minded. I sat outside her house till i heard Angela crying! Somebody is home! I knocked harder and finally, the maid came out. Great! She should have heard my knocking earlier on. But nevermind, i got the Pipa back from the neighbour and put it back into her house. The maid was nice enough to let me into the house. I think maybe she recognised me, but ive only seen her once. Nevermind that... anyway, once i got the Pipa back to where it belongs, i felt so happy!

I took a cab home.

Right! Seriously, because im so tired. I know, ive no money. So, i called Chester to bring down some cash to pay for my cab fare. Thanks to him, or else i'll be selling my butt for cash now. But to think of it, who wants anyway?

Im safe at home now, while its still pouring outside. They say that rain is greeted with euphoria here in Asia. Go die bitch, whoeva said that, i hate rain now! I fucking hate rain!

Im so sorry, but i cannot find another word to express the depth of my hatred for rain. Its a stupid thing, but im going to write a song to vilify the rain!