Thursday, December 14, 2006

Second Prize

I didnt blog yesterday, but well... im here to blog for both days. Yesterday, there aint much... but just me missing class. I sort of chased DrKan out of the classroom... because i booked it for rehearsal with Albert. So... the rehearsal was fine.

But, something strange happened! I lost my nails! How am i going to compete with no nails? I almost cried. Thanks to MuHe and Mark for searching for the nails for me. Then, finally Jonathan, when he realised that im kinda angry that he's still sitting there playing the riddle instead of helping me. Im joking, im not angry... but its childish to think that even my friends are helping me, and ur not. Its so funny... because, Jonathan became angry himself, and stomped his way to the wrong studio, and searched like hell for the nails. Its so funny... well, i didnt call him to help me search... he motivated himself to. Richard, thanks so much for helping me find too. Andy and Richard told me things about their woes, and i tried me best to give them some simple advices and suggestions. Of course, every step should be cautious because u wouldnt know whether u'll be stepping on something or not. And honestly, dun step on anyone's tail, because... in this music circle, its hard to live on if backstabbing starts.

So, i woke up feeling kind of tired and sad. I know that today will be a joke... and the end of the world, just like how ive described to Samuel during lunch. Wait... before going to school, a miracle happened.

I lost my Pipa nails last night, and this morning... i found this package in my mailbox, and its my WeiLing! She sent me this set of nails, and i knew it... its fate! Its fate! Ive to go to the competition with this set of new nails! So, i went to school... and thanks to ShuMin, without her, it'll be tough for me to walk alone. She gave me tape, and i quickly tried the nails on. Albert came, and so... we went through the concerto. I knew it then, that im not used to the nails... and i wouldnt produce my usual ugly sound.

Well... there were many people around, giving me support and stuff. I left school for Esplanade at noon. TingTing got a second prize, and she's quite sad about it. I dunno why, but she disappeared!

Albert stood in the rain flagging for the cab. He has flu i think, and still he insisted that i stay indoor with my Pipa, because its drizzling. So nice of him. The cab came later, and i wanted to ask somebody from ShuMin and gang to come join us, because they have 5... so they'll not need to get another cab. ShuMin, Michelle, JunRu, Jason and Jonathan met us at Esplanade's drop off point.

Alright, lets cut out all the crap. Albert and i went to eat, then later Jonathan and Samuel came. Soon, YeowYee and Dedric came. And yes, YouGuo told me to announce to the whole world that Dedric is the Suona open category champion. Dedric told YouGuo to, i think. Anyway, i think Dedric treated us, because... Albert, YeowYee and i left to report for the competition.

I screwed up the performance. Firstly, i saw WuYuXia, and she looked so fierce. So... next, i played and then i lost. I waited till the results were out, and finally... the results came, and i got second with JingXuan too, and Nicholas got third. There aint any first prize winner. Goodjob to everyone! I hope everyone is happy. Well... im not quite happy, because its my first and last time taking part in a competition. After graduating from NAFA... i cannot take part anymore. Anyway... many people came to congratulate me.

After hearing some words from Samuel, i knew that im not going to get anything. Really... i cannot be any more pessimistic! I dunno why, but i really thought that i couldnt get into finals... and i didnt know that i can get myself a second prize. Its beyond my expectation. Seriously, im really shocked unlike Dedric who knew that he's going to get first.

DrGoh called! My goodness! DrGoh almost made me cry... i dunno why, but its always those on the phone that'll make me cry. First, its YanYu, then now... DrGoh! He said that he wanna announce to the whole world. My goodness! DrGoh! I love u! Im going crazy. DrGoh is so nice, he called Albert on his phone to talk to me or something. I dunno, but then later i passed the phone to Samuel... because i think they're close friends anyway. Im in no position to talk to a doctor... because im a noob. Thanks so much for the encouragement, and so sorry to disappoint everybody! But, im really happy already. So, u should be happy too!

Thanks so much to Albert for going through the storm with me. He sat there beside me and waited for my results with me. Im so touched, thanks so much Albert! Thanks to Samuel and YouGuo too! My good Pipa seniors. And also... finally to my lucky charm, WeiLing! Thanks to ur nails!


To my NAFA friends, without u guys... its like a roof without a... anything. To my CO friends, without u guys... its like a roof without the... the... anything. I love u all! Thanks to my family! I love u guys. U are the best! My Mom, i love u, ur the best mother ever because ur the only one mother i have... if i have another one maybe it'll be different. But still, ur the best.

And to nobody else. I dun want anybody to feel uncomfortable, but seriously... thanks for being there.

I wanna go Esplanade again to write my wishes on the white ball.

After that, i went to eat with Jonathan and gang. We ate something light... then we rushed back to hear the results for YangQin. SiahHong got first, and its expected. With my eyes closed, without even hearing... i knew it, he'll get first. He deserves it. Anyway... as for the Ruan, ChaiXia played the best! She'll always be my best Ruan player, even how lousy.

Im joking! But seriously, goodjob. Too bad, during her performance, she looked so pissed off and she didnt even look up to notice the audience. So evil. She got second, and there's no first. Same as me! I feel so embarrassed... how to go back to CSCO like that?

Anyway... thanks to so many people! I dunno how to list them out.

I took a cab with Michelle and YuHeng to MDC for rehearsal. Well... the rehearsal was fine. I sat with YouGuo, because i didnt wanna sit with this arrogant Pipa player. She's from China, and she's new in Singapore. She's teaching Pipa at this Raffles something... and she's YanYu's junior for 10 generations. Im going to tell YanYu about it. She is so fucking arrogant can? I wanted to talk to her... but after noticing that she's such a bitch, i left to sit with YouGuo. I even purposely left infront of her... because im sharing scores with her. I told the management, which is WeiFeng and Louis that i wanna share my score with some other Pipa players.

Anyway... im home now. I treated Kenny, Louis and XianYang to supper. And who knows? When the food came, i realised that i only have $2 with me! So... they paid first. Then, i told Mom to come downstairs to pay back Louis and Kenny. Its so funny... they were laughing away.

Thanks for all the support from my friends. People that are close, even those not very close. I love all of u guys!