Saturday, December 16, 2006

Emo

Im home! I just came back from a bus ride. Before that, i was accompanying Sean on the MRT till LittleIndia. Well, i had fun today... and i tell u, im really... tired. Im starting to lose the interest to blog already. Shit, i think its happening again! I hope i can survive through this blogging session...

Well, i woke up really early today so i'll be in time to catch WuYuXia's masterclass at SCH. But, thanks to the Indian driver, i was late. I knew that im going to be later if im not going to do anything about it. So, i alighted and took the MRT from Bugis. So, in the end... i was only late for 15 minutes. XueQi and gang was late too... so, we went in together. Then, i saw my ACS junior... i cant really remember his name, but i think its... Jake. Well, he looked so different! And one more thing, he is taller than me now!

WuYuXia looked pretty nice during the masterclass, though she has this look that scares. Well, the way she talk and play is so elegant. Surprisingly, its also like that in her VCDs. I enjoyed her masterclass... because its very different from WangFanDi's. I was told to play for the masterclass yesterday, but... i didnt want to. Why? Because, im planning to have a private lesson with her, so... if im going to play during the masterclass... it'll be quite a waste already, because... she'll have nothing left to talk about for my case. JingXuan played her choice piece during the masterclass... and one thing that struck me was that she didnt know the sections of the piece well enough. I mean... how can u not know the parts of this martial piece? Its very important. I dunno how to play the piece, but... i know the sections quite well. So, this is one thing that all of us can improve on... which is reading scores and understanding them. Therefore, analysis has its value afterall...

After the masterclass, i greeted ZhangNianBing, and she recommended me to WuYuXia, the Pipa master who came to judge for my competition. She's very nice and friendly. I think im the only one who has arranged a private lesson with her before she leaves back for China. I dunno, but i think im really lucky.

My Mom told me not to go for her lesson, because my time was so rush. Well, i told my uncle to fetch me back home to get my Pipa. Then after that, i took a cab down to her hotel. Before that... i went to buy an envelope, and thats then when i accidentally dropped her CD on the floor and the casing cracked. Well... its alright. I withdrew some money from my savings... and its for the fee. Well, WuYuXia didnt mention anything about money, as for ZhangNianBing, she suggested that i pay her with my heart and sincerity. So, i inserted the money into the envelope and wrote my name on it.

When im at the hotel, i realised that i cannot get into her room because i'll need her hotel room key to have access to the level. Well, the hotel is some really high class one, i could tell. So, the guy called her, and asked if he'll have the permission to send me upstairs.

I pressed the bell, and soon... WuYuXia came to the door and welcomed me into her room. Its quite small, but cozy enough for her alone. I didnt dare to dirty her bed, so... i put the Pipa on the floor and prepared myself. I already got my nails worn on the cab. So... i didnt know how to start, and neither did she mention about anything. We talked for a while... and she asked about me and stuff. After the introduction, then she told me to play the set piece for her once. I tell u, i was so nervous... but i felt more comfortable with her than on stage. I took glances at her, and she didnt leave her eyes off my fingers.

After playing, she smiled gently. I blushed because i knew it was quite bad. But, she guessed that i didnt practice the piece because the competition is over anyway. Well, she's right... but to a certain extent, she also mentioned to me later during the lesson that i'll have to have myself ready for a few pieces. Meaning... no matter what, i'll be able to play it, instead of needing to practice many times and stuff. In short, it means that i'll have to contain myself with a wider repertoire. And also, with pieces that i can play and express best. Anyway, the private lesson was really long. She made me coffee. Well, u guys know, i dun drink coffee! But, if its from a master, i really dunno how to reject. During the lesson, she was drinking her tea for a moment and she asked why dun i drink the coffee, because its getting cold. So, i took up the cup and drank the coffee with delight! Seriously, the taste didnt last long, though usually i'll feel quite uneasy taking coffee... but this cup was really fine. She said many bad things about my playing, as well as many good ones too. One bad thing would be my tempo and rhythm. She said that my rhythm was quite bad for the concerto, thats why. And moreover, my basics need some improvement. I totally agree with her. But as for the tempo and rhythm part, i really dun realise it until she told me about it. Well, i can somehow sense it... but still, i wouldnt know whats exactly wrong with me. She told me that she enjoyed my performance of the main melody most, out of JingXuan and Nicholas. She said that ive a strong sense of understanding, and i have my own sets of ideas. She said that Jeremy and i are quite alike, but i have my rules and my own understandings more. I explained to her many things of my own understanding. As for the set piece, everything that ive learnt is from her VCD. She spotted that out too! She was asking whether ive seen the VCD before, because im doing what she's looking for. Anyway, no matter how, im still not good enough. Thats the honest fact, which ive to face and not deny or lie to myself. WuYuXia is indeed a very good teacher. She taught me many things during the 2 hour lesson. Im not even sure whether the fee ive given her is enough or not. There are many things that went through during the lesson, which will be embedded inside me forever. Its not convenient for me to blog it out, so i'll leave that for u guys to ask.

Before leaving, i took out her CD, and she signed it for me! She opened the door and saw me out.

Well, with a smile and a blitheful spirit, i walked to school for composition tutorial. Well, i know... finally, the competition is over, but... ive to stress myself with DrKan's work! During composition tutorial, DrGoh told me to play my own composition infront of the whole class. Well, honestly, i stuffed the whole notes there without considering much whether i can play it or not. So, i know, its not practical at all. So... instead of saying that it sucks, DrGoh encouraged me by telling the class and i that theres roughly the idea there, and theres potential. Right...

Before tutorial, i went to visit MrYeo at the recital hall. DongXiao was there, and im so grateful for her encouragement and faith! As for MrYeo, he's quite alright today.

Today, i had a great time with the SAS class. Fairul and i went along with DrTan and her class to the museum today. The museum has recently been renovated, and so... it looked fantastic! I love the classy look, and moreover... the high technology that they use was just fascinating. There was this painter there, and i believe that many of us has seen his works being spammed over the emails. Well, his paintings are done on the floor, and from a certain angle, it'll look as if that its third dimensional. I know, its cool. But, he hasnt finished yet!

We went into this section which will allow us to use this machine which will be our guide through the walk. Well, its really cool, and it looks like a really huge i-pod. Anyway, we had fun there. Why? Though the history was like boring, we really had so much fun taking photos!

Im really sleepy, let me make this real quick.

After the history thingi, i went back to school with ShuMin and gang. QingLun kept disturbing me by pulling my hood over my head. Its so irritating! I tell u, if one day it breaks, thats it!

Anyway... i bought soya and quickly took a bus over to meet Sean and Clarence at Newton. Well, Julian organised a party for the class people back in ACS. Well, Sean and Clarence were nice enough to wait for me, because im really late, and they didnt even complain! Clarence asked about me, in this very American way. Well, its his style. As for Sean, nothing much.

When i was there, everything was quite cold. But soon, as more people came to talk, everything got better. Sean, Matthew and i clicked best. Well, Matthew is still smoking, and its so horrible! Almost everybody is smoking! So horrible! Well, Sean doesnt and as well as some others. But well... Matthew left early, because he needed to meet somebody for some late night movie. Sean and i ate and did nothing but chat. There are basically 2 different groups. The first one would be the soccer gang, and they're usually most active and they dun click well with me. We're only on joking and talking terms, not super friendly and stuff. So, they were dumping people in the pool! Its really scary! Well, JonOng came over and asked if they can dump me inside the pool. I gave them the face which i gave 2 years ago, smiled and i said, no. So, they didnt do anything to me. As for people like Paul, no excuses. Once he came, the first thing was being raped by a gang of people, then... off he went, into the pool. Eventually, almost everybody got dumped, so... they were all like half naked walking around. Next, the other group would be with me, and they're the talking ones. We did nothing, but eat and talk. We'll talk and joke and stuff. Bernard looked so hunky now, im surprised that he goes to the gym and stuff. But well... he'd always been like that. So, he was Sean that he loves me, because i make him laugh. I think im the only one that hasnt changed much. Sean too actually. Lucien changed into this super emotional person. He sits alone at the poolside, listening to some punky music and keeping himself entertained with the silence around him. Well, after warming up... i went to talk to him, and apparently, he's doing fine in Laselle. Anyway, Sean told me that he misses me.

I miss my old classmates in ACS. Though they're still bastards, but i still love them all. The fun and the stupid moments back then in class were great! Life in my upper secondary became more enjoyable and less stressful. However, i still prefer life in NAFA now... though the stress has gone up at least a dozen times more.

Elliot was drunk, and its really scary. We wouldnt know what he'll do. So, Sean was kind of pissed with him. Then, after seeing Bernard acting strange... and doing stupid things, Sean got quite sad too. Its so funny to realise that ACS guys have their little relationship problems too. They can get emotional too... and thats really stupid. Well, Sean and i left the place after saying bye to Julian and thanking him for the BBQ.

I tell u, ACS guys cant really cook well. So, dun expect a first class BBQ, though there is good food. When i was there, they couldnt even get the fire started! Matthew had to to everything. And to imagine him, being one of the laziest people around, he'll have to go start the fire, because everybody was busy at the pool dumping each other. I stood there was watched how he cooked the otahs. They literally went on fire!

I think i drank Pepsi more than anything else. Anyway, it was fun to really see them once in a while. Too bad, i couldnt get to see I-dec, this really cool friend. He's one of the closest friend i have in ACS. He's currently in America, so he cant make it for the BBQ. Sean and Matthew would be my joking partners. As for Clarence, im someone who will listen to his stories and his problems. Its really nice knowing them. I hate ACS, but i'll never regret being part of their family.