Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bromidic Entertainment

I just got home from CSCO camp at Punggol. Well, what else can i say? Its fun. But well, this year... its kinda boring. Last time, its like the most exciting period of the year. Now, its not just boring but... i dun even know more than 20% of the people there! Its all filled with Mayflower people, and those from Manjusri too. No space for old people like JiaJin, YiLeng and i. So, what else did i do today?

Yes! I had a bad dream. I cried when i wake up. My dream felt real, because i dream that i woke up at noon. My rehearsal today is at noon! So, its already past noon... and if im going to rush down to Esplanade, the rehearsal will be over already. Anyway, so... i called my teacher, and she didnt wanna pick up my call! She hung up on me, and so did AlbertLin. Well, apparently, they were all waiting there already, and i didnt turn up! So, YanYu was furious... and she didnt wanna talk to me. I called several times, till i get a reply from her husband that she doesnt wanna teach me anymore and told me not to call anymore! Goodness! I was so scared! I cried... but i smiled, because... its all just a dream!

I woke up at 9 in the morning. I prepared myself till around 11. I took the MRT there, because i was told by NAC that today, there'll be a terrible jam around that area, due to road blocks. Some of the roads leading to Esplanade are closed, so... eventually, there'll be a jam in some way or another. Im right, so YanYu and Albert was caught in the jam. I got there early, and i got my pass. I prepared myself, then... when JiaJia told me to enter the hall, nobody was there yet. Soon, after playing through some parts of my pieces, tuning and testing the hall, YanYu came. We went through the pieces, with YeowYee sitting there listening. She's there to help flip the score for Albert. Well, when my time is up, Albert didnt turn up! YanYu was not very happy. Anyway, ZhanRongHui and her students came marching in already. Its kinda too late for anything. Well, i did try to contact Albert, but his phone was off. Well, i dunno what happened... but i really hope that nothing like this will go wrong during my competition. Im disappointed.

During lunch with YeowYee, we were talking about politics in the music circle. Well, i told her how some bitches are like, and she agrees with me that people like that are really shameless and horrid. I dun understand how some teachers can think. They spread this unhealthy mindset to their students... and they practice favoritism among their own students. How can this be possible? I mean... of course there will be some inequity somehow, but not to the extent of being totally unfair towards a few students, or one. Well, its preferential treatment, or whateva u wanna call it. I'll prefer calling it mistreatment.

The CSCO camp has been going on, and it'll last till tomorrow. Well, today is the last day, and there'll be a BBQ. So, i rushed down for rehearsal after lunch. I took the MRT down to Punggol and then, took bus 82 to the holiday camp. It took me quite some time, but... when im there, the rehearsal's over! Sadly, i only managed to get there in time for the games. Well, im not interested. Why? Because, i dunno anyone there. Kenny met me at the gates, and he brought me in. I took out Pipa and started practicing. They were all surrounding, listening and asking questions. YiLeng and JiaJin, as usual... and MiYan was practicing her SanXian. MiYan has this article which featured SunHuang's writing skills! Apparently, SunHuang published an article in some magazine, which speaks about the beautiful and glorious orchestra, SCO. Well, the article has everything to lick the boots of anybody. Its stated that SCO is very professional, and every musician will take their roles with great enthusiasm wheneva they perform on stage, be it a big symphonic piece, or a small chamber work. Honestly, i dun see anything like that on stage. I see people yawning, and some scratching their heads. Usually, i see more frowns than smiles. The only one smiling is the dancing monkey.

Anyway, i dunno whats going on with SCO, but i think that in the future, it'll be nicer and better! We were talking about many things. JiaJin, YiLeng and i were standing there with our empty plates, listening to Mike talk about many things. MikeChiang is the conductor of CSCO, and many other seconday school orchestras. Well, he is a young talented and ambitious man. He has a family, with 2 children... and a maid. He has wide contacts in the music scene, and moreover... he knows many things too... including gossips. Well, we had a great time listening. A treat indeed. He is very nice, he asked about my competition and stuff. After next week, i'll be free and i can come back to CSCO wheneva and whateva. But, of course... it'll depend whether i get into the finals or not first.

In the camp, i did nothing else but to walk take a stroll at the beach, and to practice in the boys dome. Well, the room was so cold! I think they changed the air-con. Anyway, MiYan, WeiXin, Kenny and i took a lazy walk at the beach. I bought them ice-cream, because they didnt bring out cash. After that, we took a walk. MiYan started screaming suddenly, and hopping around. We thought that she stepped on something, but well... she just saw a dead lizard, nothing else.


The beach looked so alluring, the sun across the horizon shone golden rays which reflected upon the calm and peaceful waves of the sea. There were little ships which went pass quickly, causing a series of waves, which was white, like the fetching and mysterious milky ways up in the sky. The clouds covered the sun eventually, which brought the mood down to a romantic setting. The beach, the stars and the moon. Nobody has ever realised the taking view of the open. The callings from the huge diversity of faunas sounded to me like Strings, a single Violin which strung, and followed up in canon by a series of other Strings. Nothing could be more peaceful.

Im lying! The whole paragraph above is fake! Let me now unveil the truth! The beach looked terrible! The sun across the horizon looked dull and old. Firstly, there were so many bottles and litter on the beach. The stones looked grey and really choked up with moss. So, there were ships. Huge ships! There might be oil leaks around. But well, the ships are stationed there, and not moving at all. It looked ugly. The ships are like some rusty pieces of irons from afar. The waves that went pass looked green, which reminded me of some goo. The clouds eventually took over the sun, and it darkened the area. We quickly got our way back, because there aint any lamps around. Nobody would ever wanna realise the horrible view of the nature at Punggol. There were noises from the crickets and not forgetting the ever buzzing sound of the mosquitoes! It sounded like Suonas! Worse, a series of Suonas tuning according to each other. So, they'll never be tuned! Nothing could be more disastrous.

The were 2 BBQ pits. But, its never my turn... i only ate some noodle and one otah. I drank fruit punch, because there aint anything else! Well, it was very sweet... so it didnt bother me much, because it tasted just like sugar and water. It was fine... The food, again, like last year, was horrible. I paid $15 straight when i see FuKang. He didnt say hello, and the first thing he said is the $15. Thanks... such a warm welcome. Anyway, there aint any music game this year. Pity! Well, i dun wanna explain. So, its really one hell of a boring camp this year. Its like a Mayflower and Manjusri chalet! Nothing for people like me.

I took a cab with Kenny and MiYan. They dropped me off at Punggol MRT, and i took bus 136 home. Half way, when i was sleeping, i opened my eyes for a second... and i saw JingTing, Alvin and their friends boarding the bus! Well, they took bus 82 till dunno where... then they wanted to bus 136 to AngMoKio. Well, so... they sat beside me and started talking. I had nothing in common, so... i kept quiet and listened to my music.

Alvin went home, leaving me and JingTing. We took bus 269 home. I wanted to take bus 268 or 76, because its nearer and faster. Well, i accompanied her and took bus 269 eventually. We talked about Mayflower and how it has progressed. Honestly, i dunno anything. We were just talking about our experiences. JingTing is currently studying in TP, and she is playing the Pipa in the orchestra. She's so happy that i'll be playing the Pipa for their concert, because... it gives her the chance to slack! Right? Right... she admitted.

Chloe is asking for the time of my competition. Well, she said that she wanna go support. So thankful, but... i dunno whether i need support or not. Well, i think i do! I hope more people can fill up the hall, so that others cannot! But, if there are more in the hall, they'll eat up my sound. My classmates, come support me! If u can make it, or if u want...

Well, the day is ending... and my phone hasnt rung. Should i wait? Or should i sleep? I dunno. Meanwhile, i can wait for supper too. I hope that it'll ring. Goodnight people!